ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove I intend to continue living in the UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

glasslead
Newly Registered

How to prove I intend to continue living in the UK?

Post by glasslead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:32 pm

I saw that one of the requirements for naturalisation is:
You must intend to continue living in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of an international organisation of which the UK is a member, or the service of a company or association established in the UK.
I have been working under Tier 2 for nearly 5 years and will get my ILR next month. I plan to resign my job in the coming summer after I get my ILR and then study full-time MBA in the U.K.

When I come to the point to apply for naturalisation next year (at that time I should be in the middle of my 2-year MBA programme), I will be a student and not paying tax anymore. Am I still eligbile for naturalisation?

And how to prove that I intend to continue living in the UK (or do I need to prove)? Because at that time, I will be a student and there will be a course end date . Will they challenge me that I am not intending to live in this country because I am just a student and don't have a permanent job?

Thanks.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:54 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glasslead
Newly Registered

Post by glasslead » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 am

So being a student shouldn't affect my eligibility to apply for naturalisation even though I got the ILR through the work path, right?

Because I am intended to get the citizenship, and I am now thinking whether I can study MBA right after I get ILR or I need to work for another year in order to secure the citizenship.

glasslead
Newly Registered

Post by glasslead » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Anyone knows the answers for my question please? I need this to consider whether I should apply for MBA or not. Thanks.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glasslead
Newly Registered

Post by glasslead » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks johnsienk. It's a MBA in the UK. So basically when I apply for citzenship, UKBA won't care whether I work/study or even do nothing after I get ILR (as long as I don't break the law), am I right?

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 am

<deleted>