ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa CONFUSION

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EPERRYMAN
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa CONFUSION

Post by EPERRYMAN » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am

Hey Guys,

My friend is coming to visit me whom lives in Kazakhstan. She will be coming over,hopefully, In July.

I am just wondering is there anything other than an invitational letter adressed to her I need to send? Such as a letter to the embassy or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated, so confused.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I don't think so.who is paying for all the expensive for the trip?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:06 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 am

letter is not just enough. As someone earlier said, who will pay for the living cost of your friend when he/she is in UK? If you, make sure you send a letter from your office confirming your income which proves you can afford to pay. If he/she is paying, make sure to include letter from her/his side showing the funds to support the stay. Also it is good to state the reason of visit.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm

If you are merely INVITING her and not necessarily SPONSORING her trip, than an Invitation Letter is enough! As long as you also send your proof of legal stay in the UK (eg. copy of your passport and LTR permission, if applicable).

But if you're SPONSORING her, as in paying for her trip and /or accomodating her, then think bank statements/payslips, proof of accomodation, etc..

More than anything, she should show enough proof on her application that she will indeed return to her home country, eg. employment, studies, family, property, etc...

Good luck!

EPERRYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by EPERRYMAN » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the great advice. She is paying for the trip herself but I am accomodating her.

So I need to send:
Invitational letter addressed to her
Sponsorship letter addressed to the embassy
Bank statements
Photocopy of my passport?

Is there anything else? Thanks guys

EPERRYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by EPERRYMAN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Anything?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Proof that you have enough space in your accommodation to accomodate her would be helpful