ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA applying for BC - please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leoleo
Newly Registered

non-EEA applying for BC - please help

Post by leoleo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Dear All
Could anyone please advise me on the following.

I'm a non-EEA national.
Arrived in UK Nov 2001 as a student.
Married to an EEA national on the 30.08.2005 in London.
Applied for PR in sept10, got it in Dec10.
I started my first job in Oct 2005 and has been in employment ever since.
On the 31st of Aug 2005 we went to Jamaica for a week.
I was planing to apply for BC on the 6th anniversary of my marriage (30.08.11), however I'm not sure now if that's the right thing to do.

My questions are:
1. According to the HO website I have to be physically present in UK on the date they receive my application. As I was away for a week since 31.08.05 will that affect my application?
2. Have my Treaty Rights been excercised since 30.08.2005 (date of marriage to EEA national) or 01.10.2005 (since I started my job)?

Based on all the above information what is be the best/right date for me to apply for BC?

I would appreciate your reply to my questions. Thank you

leoleo
Newly Registered

Post by leoleo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Just wanted to add one more thing.

Let's say that I'm allowed to apply for BC on the 6th year anniversary of my wedding (30.08.11).
In this case will I have to prove that I was looking for a job from 30.08.2005 to Oct 2005 (almost for 1 month) in order to satisfy requirement for exercising a Treaty rights in the UK?

Thank you

malli

Post by malli » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 pm

yes you can apply as long as you have ILR for a year if your working you need to send prove of ur time in the country. I hope this help you.