ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for the Certificate of Approval

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Faridh
Newly Registered

waiting for the Certificate of Approval

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:11 am

hi

i had applied for the COA last march 2010 but i haven't received any reply from the home office.I just haven got any clear idea of the waiting period. In such situation what could be the best option for me to get the update of what exactly happening. If some one can help me out it would be really helpful for me.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 am

Contact them (also 0151 672 5626).

sjimoh112

Depending on what CoA you're talking about.

Post by sjimoh112 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi
Can you give a bit more details?
Are you talking about CoA for marriage?
Did you send your app by recorded delivery or sign-for?
What is your immigration status?
try to give as much details as possible.

Faridh
Newly Registered

About COA for marriage

Post by Faridh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Sjimoh112
Hope you doing good ,I am indian im living in this country almost seven years but i don't have a status now im over stayer here.we send by post and i got a acknowledgment letter from home office as well but still i have't got certificate yet i don't know what to do for further step ?.

The sad thing is when me n my wife went to home office to as about this issue simply the officer was said your not a priority because you don't have a status i feel so bad and insult. do you have any solution for me to come out from this dark ??????????? please let me know thank you .

alekos

Post by alekos » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 pm

COA (certificate of approval) does take a long time, if either party's immigration status is irregular.

In my case, i applied in Feb 2010, only to get COA in 30 DEC 2010.

Hang on, speak to your solicitor, is all I can advise.

edited. clarify COA
Last edited by alekos on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:28 pm

May I remind everyone that the CoA that is obviously discussed here is the Certificate of Approval that is (still) needed for marriage in the UK. The CoA (=Certificate of Application) on the EEA route is a completely different document. So, please discuss the Certificate of Approval in the appropriate forum as otherwise this becomes unnecessarily confusing.
Last edited by 86ti on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Faridh, are you referring to "Certificate of Approval" (for marriage in the UK) or "Certificate of Application" (issued in response to an EEA application)?

regards

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 pm

86ti
Can you rather confirm what he's talking about rather than assume? From what Faradh is saying here it doesn't look like is talking about CoA for marriage. Why don't you take some time out to ask him what he meant before posting?

I'm good, thanks Faridh
What I can suggest now is you go to your MP and give full details of what's going on to him/her. Take everything you've got from HO with you. Your MP will be able to get a quick response regarding your app and you'll subsequently get a letter from the home office if there's is anymore documents you'll have to provide to support your app. You will need to keep going to the MP so he/she can keep presuring Ukba to sort you out.
Last edited by sjimoh112 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Moderator Edit]

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:34 pm

sjimoh112 wrote:Can you rather confirm what he's talking about rather than assume? From what Faradh is saying here it doesn't look like is talking about CoA for marriage. Why does you take some time out to ask me what he meant before posting?
Why do you believe you are not assuming anything and know more than anyone else? It was not me who brought the CoA for marriage into play.

Faridh
Newly Registered

I have wrote the letter

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi friends
Thank you for your support and yesterday i have wrote request letter to her majesty and i have explain all my situation i don't know what will happen next i am waiting for a reply if any further update i will let you know .thanks again

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Can you please answer sushdmehta's question?

Faridh
Newly Registered

COA for marriage

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi sushdmehta
I have applied for COA for a marriage and my wife from Romania

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Moved topic to relevant forum,

Faridh, do you have a valid leave to remain or has it expired already? Did you apply for CoA while your leave was valid?
And what do you mean when you say "I have wrote a request letter to her majesty"? Written a letter to the Queen or to the UKBA?
Faridh wrote:i have wrote request letter to her majesty and i have explain all my situation

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faridh
Newly Registered

HI

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi Sushdmehta
My has expired already and i have wrote the letter to the respected queen just yesterday only. I have no other option then this, because we have tried all the options no one give us answer and i don't know what to do further.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:14 pm

What do you expect the Queen to do? :?

Anyhow, did you apply for CoA while your leave was valid? Because if it was later (after your leave expired), UKBA could be holding on to your passport just to initiate removal, ignoring your CoA request altogether!

Why did you not request for the passport to be returned before your leave expired, and applied for further leave to remain (if you qualified for one) or return to your home country?

While others may have a different opinion, IMHO, you should request for your passport to be returned, arrange to get married outside the UK and then apply for EEA family permit to join your Romanian partner in the UK. Because even if you are granted a CoA (unlikely, in my opinion), you will still be unable to marry in the UK (with no legal permission to remain in the UK).

regards

Faridh
Newly Registered

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 pm

I am waiting for my COA for marriage since march 2010 now feb 2011 almost a year now when i went to HO for enquiry even them self was surprise how come this take too long then they took my ref no to check with officer but they have not got any answer thats why im upset, because similar situation with other person has got his COA but why cant me ?.i wrote the lettr to the queen atleast some can speak up abt this thats why it just a try that some one can see my situation if i have luck thats all .

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 pm

the Queen does not get involved in matters like this. You are better off writing to your MP.

On what basis is your wife in the UK?

Faridh
Newly Registered

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 pm

She is EEA family member

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:even if you are granted a CoA (unlikely, in my opinion), you will still be unable to marry in the UK (with no legal permission to remain in the UK).
Sushdmehta, I dont think the above statement is correct as far as I know. The registry only request for your leave to remain or permission from the Secretary of State to marry.

There are lots of guys with no leave to remain at the time of their marriage on this forum, including me. If he's granted and he is able to prove his relationship with the EEA national over time, in my opinion, he should be OK.
Live and let live

Faridh
Newly Registered

Post by Faridh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:45 pm

I did prove all evidance even they visit my place too but still im waiting and she is pregnant 27 weeks ,i have send all the detail by post but they saying to me they didt receive any post after september after i hear this statement i have post all the document by rec post my self month ago still i didt got any answer???????????????????? :cry:

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Faridh wrote:She is EEA family member
family member of who? What relative is she relying on?

Is she working in the UK?

Faridh
Newly Registered

Post by Faridh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:27 pm

family member of who? What relative is she relying on?

Is she working in the UK?[/quote]

yes she is working in the uk more then a year now and i mean she is EEA member

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Faridh wrote:I did prove all evidance even they visit my place too but still im waiting and she is pregnant 27 weeks ,i have send all the detail by post but they saying to me they didt receive any post after september after i hear this statement i have post all the document by rec post my self month ago still i didt got any answer???????????????????? :cry:
don't despair, it does take a long time for your case to be allocated to a caseworker.

In my case, I had to wait 8 months before my solicitor advised me to send on my behalf a "pre-action protocol" letter to the UKBA.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:35 pm

HRY2005 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:even if you are granted a CoA (unlikely, in my opinion), you will still be unable to marry in the UK (with no legal permission to remain in the UK).
Sushdmehta, I dont think the above statement is correct as far as I know. The registry only request for your leave to remain or permission from the Secretary of State to marry.

There are lots of guys with no leave to remain at the time of their marriage on this forum, including me. If he's granted and he is able to prove his relationship with the EEA national over time, in my opinion, he should be OK.
Hi HRY2005,
I completely agree with you. One of my friend recently applied for COS when he has only 10 days in his leave to expire. He got COA in a month. He married with his GF and has since applied for eea2 visa.

alekos

Post by alekos » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 pm

treefriend wrote:
HRY2005 wrote:

Hi HRY2005,
I completely agree with you. One of my friend recently applied for COS when he has only 10 days in his leave to expire. He got COA in a month. He married with his GF and has since applied for eea2 visa.
I can confirm that you can get married with extant leave to remain in the UK. But, UKBA can start the procedure to remove you from the UK, at any time, including during your ceremony.