ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier1 General into Tier 1 Investor

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mehdiyhi
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier1 General into Tier 1 Investor

Post by mehdiyhi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi, appreciate if somebody clarify this: I entered into the UK under HSMP visa and continue-sly worked and working until now in a high skilled position. Extended my visa under Tier 1 (general) in 2009 and has to do another extension in 2012 in order to make total five years/to obtain indefinite leave in 2013. I'm thinking to switch into the investor visa ( as I can do it with my available funds). Should I decide to obtain investor visa will my timing under tier general be counted when i suppose to obtain indefinite leave or not? And what are the other restrictions would impact? Thanks

geriatrix

Re: Switching from Tier1 General into Tier 1 Investor

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 am

245U. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain wrote:(b) The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years Lawfully in the UK, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant, in any combination of the following categories:
  • (i) as a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant,
    (ii) as an Investor.
regards

mehdiyhi
Newly Registered

Post by mehdiyhi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks for this. I understood this should be considered as "negative"