ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation as EEA Family & require documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manzoor999
Newly Registered

naturalisation as EEA Family & require documents

Post by manzoor999 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Dear Forum

I urgently need your advice regarding naturalization as EEA Family.

I got PR as EEA Family member so

Do i need to show documents for 5 years again for treaty right during naturalization as UK Citizen?

Documents asking like P60 & payslips

Its confusing me & my wife why HO need again.

We will be very thankful for your experiences.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 am

hI,

I have confused information from different resources, it seems everyone using their own experience, you are free to share yours with us :-).

it is also still not clear for me when i should apply for my BC, my solicitor told me i have to wait 1 year with my PR sticker to apply for BC on my own right, others get their passports after 6 years residing in the UK.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 am

vadimvin wrote:hI,

I have confused information from different resources, it seems everyone using their own experience, you are free to share yours with us :-).

it is also still not clear for me when i should apply for my BC, my solicitor told me i have to wait 1 year with my PR sticker to apply for BC on my own right, others get their passports after 6 years residing in the UK.
6 years in total might be with ILR for 1 year. One of the residential requirements states that you need to be free from immigration restrictions (i.e., ILR) for one year before applying for naturalization. Your solicitor might also told the same to you.

Even if you lived in the UK for 6 years now and receive your ILR today then you need to wait for minimum 1 year from the date your received the ILR to apply for naturalization. There are also other residential requirements. Refer UKBA site for that.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 am

nax_72 wrote:

6 years in total might be with ILR for 1 year. One of the residential requirements states that you need to be free from immigration restrictions (i.e., ILR) for one year before applying for naturalization. Your solicitor might also told the same to you.

Even if you lived in the UK for 6 years now and receive your ILR today then you need to wait for minimum 1 year from the date your received the ILR to apply for naturalization. There are also other residential requirements. Refer UKBA site for that.
Thanks nax_72!

This is the point made by my solicitors (which I do not think have much experience in EU cases), but this forum has many members who applied after 6 years even without getting PR, as the rule saying they are as EU family members + EU members have PR AUTOMATICALLY after 5 years! So what is the point of the above and who is right?
I am confused with the interpretation of UKBA web, as it is not clear what is direct route for EU and their family members.

Others experience would be also highly appreciated!

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:30 pm

It is clear people are confused about EU and national routes. You should apply for Naturalisation as a fam member of EU citizen 6 years from becoming a family member, Res Card is just confirmation.

However, the reason why HO ask for the same docs again is to actually check WHEN your 6th year BEGUN and ENDED! How would they know by looking at the PR sticker issued some 6 months after your application WHEN exactly you were eligible.

My advice is, just send (if married) marriage certificate which would show the first date you became family member, and then they count 6 years from then on! Plus a covering letter to show them that the AN form requires proof only if you already don't have the PR sticker in your passport! If you do, just prove WHEN you automatically acquired the PR status!

Kind of hard but needs to be done.

vadimvin wrote:
nax_72 wrote:

Thanks nax_72!

This is the point made by my solicitors (which I do not think have much experience in EU cases), but this forum has many members who applied after 6 years even without getting PR, as the rule saying they are as EU family members + EU members have PR AUTOMATICALLY after 5 years! So what is the point of the above and who is right?
I am confused with the interpretation of UKBA web, as it is not clear what is direct route for EU and their family members.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 pm

mcovet wrote:It is clear people are confused about EU and national routes. You should apply for Naturalisation as a fam member of EU citizen 6 years from becoming a family member, Res Card is just confirmation.

However, the reason why HO ask for the same docs again is to actually check WHEN your 6th year BEGUN and ENDED! How would they know by looking at the PR sticker issued some 6 months after your application WHEN exactly you were eligible.

My advice is, just send (if married) marriage certificate which would show the first date you became family member, and then they count 6 years from then on! Plus a covering letter to show them that the AN form requires proof only if you already don't have the PR sticker in your passport! If you do, just prove WHEN you automatically acquired the PR status!

Kind of hard but needs to be done.

vadimvin wrote:
nax_72 wrote:

Thanks nax_72!

Thank you mcovet! It really helps me!
I am going to use your advice in couple of months, i do not like the idea to wait extra 6 months since the sticker was issued...