ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PG Diploma appeal allowed !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 pm

adamnator83 wrote:
mskhan wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:
mskhan wrote:Congrats mate,

Can u plz briefly tell me about your case? I mean did u switch from PSW?

Was your PGD giving u points on points calculator at the time of application?

Why u were refused initially?

Cheers
Yes, i switched from PSW and My PG diploma was giving me with 30 points on PBS calculator on the 7th october 2010. Afteri sent my application later on the 1st of november this qualification was removed from their calculator due to this i was refused by HO on the 24 th november.
Mine is the similar case.....its giving me points on PBS calculator....however, did u read my query regarding two different names of the university?Cheers
http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... ry#Alpha_E
Your university is on recognised UK degrees, pls check link.
Yes it surely is and it also was at the time when its name was 'Napier University' only.

But why it doesn't show any points when I select the old name....:-(

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm

mskhan wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:
mskhan wrote:
adamnator83 wrote: Yes, i switched from PSW and My PG diploma was giving me with 30 points on PBS calculator on the 7th october 2010. Afteri sent my application later on the 1st of november this qualification was removed from their calculator due to this i was refused by HO on the 24 th november.
Mine is the similar case.....its giving me points on PBS calculator....however, did u read my query regarding two different names of the university?Cheers
Yes it surely is and it also was at the time when its name was 'Napier University' only.

because it was updated on their wesite..

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:35 pm

adamnator83 wrote:
AUHS wrote:adamnator83

Will you get same 30 points for your PG diploma at the time of your extension after 2 years.

What you think
I dont know to be honest, but i have a bachelors degree aswell from my home country which is equal to UK bachelors degree
No worries my friend

I have also got Bachelors of computer sciences(Honours) from my home country which is also equal to UK Bachelors degree.We can use home country qualifications if there is any problem in future.

But I am 100% sure that rules will remain the same and we will get same points for our PG diplomas in extension.

Lets hope for the best.and wish other guys best of their luck

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:36 pm

adamnator83 wrote:
mskhan wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:
mskhan wrote:

If it shows new name then you will have to select a new one as its the same institution and they simply changed their name.
it was updated on their website..

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 pm

AUHS wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:
AUHS wrote:adamnator83

Will you get same 30 points for your PG diploma at the time of your extension after 2 years.

What you think
I dont know to be honest, but i have a bachelors degree aswell from my home country which is equal to UK bachelors degree
No worries my friend

I have also got Bachelors of computer sciences(Honours) from my home country which is also equal to UK Bachelors degree.We can use home country qualifications if there is any problem in future.

But I am 100% sure that rules will remain the same and we will get same points for our PG diplomas in extension.
Lets hope for the best.and wish other guys best of their luck
I hope so my friend. Good luck to you
Last edited by adamnator83 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Good Luck to you as well my friend

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 am

mskhan wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:
mskhan wrote:
adamnator83 wrote: Yes, i switched from PSW and My PG diploma was giving me with 30 points on PBS calculator on the 7th october 2010. Afteri sent my application later on the 1st of november this qualification was removed from their calculator due to this i was refused by HO on the 24 th november.

Brother dont worry the best thing for you is to get the letter from your University which by law they will give or best thing is to submit your case through a lawyer and they get the letters out easily from University then the individual.And than it will be ok but use a solicitor .It is the same thing For example mark and spenser buy tesco and offcourse they wont recruit every single person there contract gets changed but it is on the system and a record that it used to be a tesco staff now m and s staff .I hope you got my point .

generaltier1

Post by generaltier1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Congrats Bro!!! This is a great news

can u pls share some details of ur case such as ur grounds of appeal? did u show them ur home country degree as a second option or wat?

appreciate ur reply and once again ENJOY YOUR VICTORY :)