ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whitebedspread
Newly Registered

Re: missing docs

Post by whitebedspread » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:20 am

cogumelo wrote:Someone can tell me how and to where I should send an aditional document to the HO?
I sent my application EEA2 and my wife's EEA1 in 04/01/2011 and know I have to sent her self-emploeyd Payslip, but I have no response from HO till know.
They didn't asked for the missing document yet, but I want to send it before that.
One more question, the English Test (ESOL A1) required for visa applications after november 2010 is necessary for EEA2 and EEA1 applications?
Someone can help me?
Thanks!
Hello,
The ESOL A1 test seems to be a pre-requisite for the EEA2 application and does not in any way affects the EEA1 application but betterstill u can use of ways to exhibit your proficiency in English language if u hold a degree taught in English.
Best of luck

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 am

There are no language requirements on the EEA route.

cogumelo
Newly Registered

missing documents - HO

Post by cogumelo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I also think and I hope there are no language requirements on the EEA route, at least was no language requirement on the EEA2 form. I'm not sure.

...does anybody know to whom should I send an additional document to the HO?

Thanks!

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: missing documents - HO

Post by 86ti » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:48 pm

cogumelo wrote:I also think and I hope there are no language requirements on the EEA route, at least was no language requirement on the EEA2 form. I'm not sure.
I did not just express my opinion here but rather stated a fact. That there is no language requirement simply follows from the Treaty and the Directive.

**TreChic**
Newly Registered

I got my RC

Post by **TreChic** » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Got my RC

27 Oct application sent EEA1 and EEA2

28 Oct application received by HO

29 Nov Received CoA

20 Nov Asked for passports back just my husband

3 Dec Passport my husband returned

31 Jan passport and sticker on my passport (still on HO Liverpool)

10 Feb RC received issued as a sticker on my passport EEA2, and my husband got his EEA1

I'm Mexican and he is Spanish

Total: 3 months and 14 days :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks a lot for helping and good luck to you all :D

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 pm

wwdeshen wrote:hello everyone.

i send my applictions on 21 nov 2010, and received a letter on 5 dec said homeoffice received my application. this is the second time i send my eea2 as first time we were missing my partner's possport. and i haven't got any coa back. how long does it take to receive coa? i read all your post it looks like take one month, but for me its been nearly 3 months. and anyone got Rc without receive coa? thanks for your help.
anyone can help me on this? thanks

whitebedspread
Newly Registered

Post by whitebedspread » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:23 am

wwdeshen wrote:

i send my applictions on 21 nov 2010, and received a letter on 5 dec said homeoffice received my application. this is the second time i send my eea2 as first time we were missing my partner's possport. and i haven't got any coa back. how long does it take to receive coa? i read all your post it looks like take one month, but for me its been nearly 3 months. and anyone got Rc without receive coa? thanks for your help.
The letter that was sent to you immediately your application has been received by HO is regarded as COA(Certificate of Application)provided your application has certified all the neccesary requirements of the HO.
In most cases,it will state clearly that you can take up employment and the 6 months waiting time for a decision on your application.
Check your letter very well............

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

Post by kaycee23ful » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:30 pm

whitebedspread wrote:
wwdeshen wrote:

The letter that was sent to you immediately your application has been received by HO is regarded as COA(Certificate of Application)provided your application has certified all the neccesary requirements of the HO.
In most cases,it will state clearly that you can take up employment and the 6 months waiting time for a decision on your application.
Check your letter very well............
if your married it will state that your allowed to work. if your unmarried you can't work unless they've made a decission regarding your application.

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:30 pm

EEA2 for the Turkish spouse of a German worker:
  • Application sent on 28 October 2010
  • Certificate of Application received on 25 November 2010 (dated 17 November)
  • Requested passport back on 19 November 2010 by e-mail
  • Received passport on 24 November 2010, later returned to HO without them requesting it
  • Received Passport endorsed with Residence Card on 16 February 2011 (dated 11 February)

mtulak
Newly Registered

Post by mtulak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:50 pm

RC received on 15/02/11

applied 01/10/10
coa dated 26/10/10
RC dated 26/01/11

good luck to all those waiting

mimine30

eea2

Post by mimine30 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:41 am

hi everyone its my first time here,1st time postiing something,buti have been following all the topics relating to the eu applications.
i applied fror and eea2 for myself and for an eea1 for my irish wife, on the 11/02/2011 the thing is i dont have a lot of hope in that.
i overstayed in the uk for a very long time before we got married,
my wife is not working we applied as self-sufficent and iam worried that she won't qualifie there is about 10 000£ donated by her mother paied into her account we did provide a letter from her mother certifing that.and bank statements
also we purchased a health insurance for both of us, we have daughter 14 months born in london does she need to be covered too?

so could anyone just have a look at my situation and letus know your thoughts .
thank you all in advance

ngueda2009

Re: eea2

Post by ngueda2009 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:57 am

hi mimine,
the fact that you are overstayer is irrelevant on your application.
yes you need to have an insurance for your daughter . i think you will be fine hopefully someone could give you more information but i think you are fine

ylpopper
Newly Registered

RC received

Post by ylpopper » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 am

HI! I finally got today my RC:
Applied on October 26, 2010
COA received on November 11, 2010
Residence Card received today, February 19, 2011, issued on February 2, ,2011.

Good luck for all those still waiting. Seems like HO is really dealing with cases faster now and waiting time is now around 4 months.

mimine30

Re: eea2

Post by mimine30 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 pm

ngueda2009 wrote:hi mimine,
the fact that you are overstayer is irrelevant on your application.
yes you need to have an insurance for your daughter . i think you will be fine hopefully someone could give you more information but i think you are fine
thank you very much for that answer
still one thing though i was told by one laweyer that the fact my daughter is british with a british passport she is notgonnabe include in the application and she won't need insurance as she have right to nhs.
was it an opinion or you stated a fact in your reponse.
maybe its good to clarifie the my wife hold both british and irish passport.

again thanks for your consern

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 pm

App received: Oct 13, 2010
CoA issued: Oct 29, 2010
RC issued: Jan 20, 2011
RC received: Feb 19, 2011!

mimine30

waiting from ho and from the forum

Post by mimine30 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 am

hello everyone :P
i already posted some staff about my story ,i have a lot more questions to ask but i noticed that its bit slow at the moment,it get me thinking maybe pepole had enough or the senior and junior members and moderator etc :x already discuss all aspects of this kind of applications
so if it is the case could just some one refere us to date or page number (there is 57 pages on this topic) or give us link. :cry:
i know you heard that a lot in here but this forum is the best remedy for our situations and it does simplyhelp alot more than you think and its so usfull, mymum always told me
"take it from experiences not from a doctor" :arrow:

so here we go
my story;
overstayed in the uk for over 5years i met my wife in london she was then british national
we applied for certifcate of approval ...approved
got married in chelsea
made FLR(M) refused the reason overstayer
had a baby girl
applied again FLR(O) based on the new circumstences
again refused for same reason
asked for juridical review refered it to asylum case
refused they asked me to leave without delay ,they are not in breach of articl 8 of humain right family life,because they said you can go back to your home country and take your wife and baby with you.

so we heard about europeens application that if my wife was eea my immigration poor history would be irrelevant
we did tons of researchs we found out that my wife's grandmother was irish
so we applied for irish citizenship but believe me its much harder than it sounds anyway we got it,apply for irish passport took 2 weeks
so now we applied for an EEA2on the 11/02/2011.
i never been working as i never had the right to sowejust survived idid some cash in hand jobs but never stayed more than 3month in a same job.
i never been arrested or questioned about my statut .
my wife ws workingbut not anymore
we applied as selfsufficent categorie explaining that she got help from her mother who is helping us
sheprovide a letter with her passport copy
or bank statment with a 10000£ in it its kind of inhertance money from her late father.
did not covered my baby on the insurance as she is british with passport.
do you think that is ok?

and a lawyer told us as i am now husband of an EEA national you have a right to work now without obtaining any consent from home office
do you think that is tru?
if it is how can i obtain an NI number?my passport its already with HO for over 2 years since my first application.

we had some benefits before housing benefit,counciltax benefit,and child benefit
we heard that willbe a probleme so we stopped everything befor we applied? we kept the child benfit as she is british.
do you think its the right thing to do?

also wouldl like to ask if anyone apply under self-sufficent categorie and how much money do you rekon would be in your account to be qualified as such?? we put 10000£

i would like to thank anyone who read my story
i know its long maybe boring :oops: but its so much worth it to get out of your system .
that would be even better with some answers and opinions
if not still felt good.

iwish you all good luck 8)
god speed good pepole
amine :wink:

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:44 pm

hello
fellowing my first message
just have another question
once granted suposibly RC ,can you travel on your own to europe or home country.or does it jave to be always accompagned by ur eea wife.??
and do you required a visa each time u travbel anywhere??
thanks

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:21 pm

[quote="mimine30"]hello
fellowing my first message
just have another question
once granted suposibly RC ,can you travel on your own to europe or home country.or does it jave to be always accompagned by ur eea wife.??
and do you required a visa each time u travbel anywhere??
thanks
if am in your shoes i will apply from my country ,but she need to work first and they will give you,then again she is european,ok you can go thrus this routh and they must give you the residence ,cause it is ur right
NON EU national with RC

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:28 am

hi toni
thanks for your answer,yes i agree eea route is best for me as i am overstayer and under uk law we will never get positive answer i tried already as mentionned on my story above.
see from your previouse exchanges that you already received COA,could you tel me does it say that you allowed to work in it,
and do you know anyone applied under eea2 whilste overstayed and granted rc,or COA like everyone else with the right to work and live?
thanks

nusayri
Newly Registered

Post by nusayri » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi mimine30
i read yr all story only part i can answer is about overstaying. I was same like you more than 5 years overstayer and i had very bad immigration records such as seeking asylum, applying business visa etc.
however there is some difference ,although living with my partner 4 years together and just having 2 weeks our baby they deported me in 2009, later on my girlfriend come to Turkey and we got married there. I applied for family permission visa; even my wife that time was working only part time they gave me visa. it was suprise for me,honestly i was not expecting to have it after all my bad records and my wife low earnings... Now we applied for RC 2010 in november and still waiting for answer.

I think being overstayer wouldnt be problem if it was in first place they would have rejected me easily.

I hope that helps.

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 am

nusayri wrote:Hi mimine30
i read yr all story only part i can answer is about overstaying. I was same like you more than 5 years overstayer and i had very bad immigration records such as seeking asylum, applying business visa etc.
however there is some difference ,although living with my partner 4 years together and just having 2 weeks our baby they deported me in 2009, later on my girlfriend come to Turkey and we got married there. I applied for family permission visa; even my wife that time was working only part time they gave me visa. it was suprise for me,honestly i was not expecting to have it after all my bad records and my wife low earnings... Now we applied for RC 2010 in november and still waiting for answer.

I think being overstayer wouldnt be problem if it was in first place they would have rejected me easily.

I hope that helps.
ohh yeah that does help even though still have questions on my mind
what is your wife nationality?
and did you manage to get a job?
if yes at what point were you able to do so?
thans

lily123
Newly Registered

re

Post by lily123 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 pm

nusayri wrote:Hi mimine30

I hope that helps.
We also applied in November for EEA2. have you received any letters including COA yet? If have any updates on your resident card please post on this forum.Thank You! Good luck!! :D

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:06 am

morning
no not COA yet ,i understood takes about 1 month
been 2weeks since isend mine,i am still worried about the outcome
is anyone knowthe meaning of (qualified personne)
does it onlybased on the finnacial aspect,because iam bit confuse now
as iread some forum ,to be qualified personne you need to be working looking or selfsufficent.to gain the right to permanent resident
my confusion is how about if that eu already has that right of permanent resident through her british nationality as well as irish does make her qualified wether she working or not???no benefit
what do you think

nusayri
Newly Registered

Post by nusayri » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:22 pm

hi again mimine

My wife she is Polish and qualifed person, i think best thing for you to check UKBA website under Europan Citizens section there is explained well who is qualified person. I am working at the moment, in my COA is clearly indicated that i can show COA as a proof for work permission it also state: if employer want to be sure can call HO(they put phone number there).

Lily that is sure anything comes up i will share here, I recieved my COA 5 weeks after my application- applied 17 november- since then we have been waiting... i think they will answer in march from the forum it look like they are dealing at the moment with october applications...I wish everyone good luck, waiting is reall stressful.

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 pm

hi
yeah thats great to hear positive staff
to be honest i dont really care about the rci know will take time
but i do care about a complete COA with right to work it will be just great
does anyone had apply and got NI with simply COA?