ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics appointment date after 4 weeks!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanjeev.x.kumar

Biometrics appointment date after 4 weeks!!

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi,

I applied for the Tier 1 General visa on 3rd Feb 2011 and today (25th Feb 2011) I received the biometrics invitation letter. I called the biometric appointment helpline and I got the appointment for 1st April 2011 (at Glasgow). Since, i have to go with my wife for the biometrics, i cannot use walk in service at post offices (except south shields). My invitation letter clearly says that I have to use the Biometrics enrolment centre and there is no mention of post offices.

Now, i am just concerned by the fact that I received the biometrics appointment for 1st April 2011. Is it not too late?? I am sure that if i provide my biometrics on 1st April, i will not receive my visa on or before 5th april 2011. And in the worst case, if something goes wrong with my visa, i will not be able to reapply for tier 1 general. Anyways, my existing PSW visa expired on 10th feb 2011. Do i still need to keep looking for any early available date for my biometrics?

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Why not go to post office? Apparantly its a simple process there, taking only 5 mins.

Vikram

sanjeev.x.kumar

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Since, i have to go with my wife for the biometrics, i cannot use walk in service at post offices (except south shields). My invitation letter clearly says that I have to use the Biometrics enrolment centre and there is no mention of post offices. Post offices are meant only for the single applicant and not for the applicants with dependants.

priyam
Newly Registered

Post by priyam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:59 am

sanjeev.x.kumar wrote:Since, i have to go with my wife for the biometrics, i cannot use walk in service at post offices (except south shields). My invitation letter clearly says that I have to use the Biometrics enrolment centre and there is no mention of post offices. Post offices are meant only for the single applicant and not for the applicants with dependants.
--
Are we allow to take prior appointment with biometric enrollment center before we receive biometric notification request letter from UKBA.

Aslo,
My only dependent is applying for dependent visa separately (by post); do he not allowed to give biometrics at post office

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 am

priyam wrote: --
Are we allow to take prior appointment with biometric enrollment center before we receive biometric notification request letter from UKBA.
The letter contains a reference number, therefore you should wait for the letter in order to make the appointment