ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mr. mister
Newly Registered

Post by mr. mister » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello all!!! I am so happy! I've got my ILR today!!!

Applied in december
acknowledgement letter received on the 29th of December
Got ILR back today through post with issue date 17th of february

Previous status 7 years student + 2 years PSW + 1 year Tier 2

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!

joh118

Post by joh118 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 pm

congrats!!! So that's 7 weeks? But you did apply over the holiday period so might as well be 6 weeks. Still, that's quite quick!
enjoy it!

I've applied for my SAR file again. I want to see the case notes of my most recent application (ILR). It's for my mother, it's so that I can see how they decided because our cases are quite similar with the 2 month gap and all.
maybe i'll find out why i got ILR so quickly....

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 am

Hi everyone,

Application posted on 15/02/11 SET(0) under 10 years rule,with wife and daughter FLR(M).
Acknowledge letter received, dated 16/02/11.
Fees deducted £900 and £650 on 17/02/11.
Biometric letter recevied, dated 17/02/11 for wife and daugher.

Wait starting now......

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 am

mr. mister wrote:Hello all!!! I am so happy! I've got my ILR today!!!

Applied in december
acknowledgement letter received on the 29th of December
Got ILR back today through post with issue date 17th of february

Previous status 7 years student + 2 years PSW + 1 year Tier 2

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!
Congrats mate!! Enjoy your freedom!!

Applied just a week after you & still waiting...

helloimran

Post by helloimran » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi joh118,

Congrats... to you for your ILR!

My situation is following,

Application posted on 15/02/11 SET(0) under 10 years rule,with wife and daughter FLR(M).
Biometric letter recevied, dated 17/02/11 for wife and daughter.

Is it positive sign that HO called my dependants for biometrics so quickly?
Have they started working on my own ILR applications?
Any ideas?

Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm

helloimran wrote:Hi joh118,

Congrats... to you for your ILR!

My situation is following,

Biometric letter recevied, dated 17/02/11 for wife and daughter.

Is it positive sign that HO called my dependants for biometrics so quickly?
Have they started working on my own ILR applications?
Any ideas?

Thanks.
Greenie wrote:no. It just means you used the right form, provided acceptable photos, signed the form, paid the fee, and completed the mandatory sections.

It means nothing in terms of the merits of your application.

regards

joh118

Post by joh118 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 pm

It's just standard procedure....

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi,

I applied on 11th Jan along with FLR(M) for my wife and children. Fee taken on 12th Jan and Acknowledgment received on 14th Jan. End of Jan, my wife and childern enrolled theor biometrics. I have not received any reply regarding my application but today, I received DX Secure cards for my wife and children stating that they wanted to deliver but could not and rearrange the delivery. I suppose, UKBA uses DX secure for delivery of ICFN.

My case was not straight forward. I had two gaps in visa stamps however, on both ocassions, I had appled before the expiry of my visa and I attached UKBA acknowledgement letter for one gap and for other gap, I attached my bank statement highlighting the deduction of fees before the expriy date of my visa. Furthermore, I had 186 days absence from UK in one go but I had the same leave upon my departure and return from UK. During the last month of this absence, I got pneumonia which was later on found to be TB after I returned to UK. I attached the entire medical record from my home country and NHS record as well highlighting my hospitalisation 1 day after my return to UK.

Will let you guys know about the outcome tomorrow.

Thanks

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm just wondering if I should expect an acknowledgement letter from UKBA if I made a SAR file request?

And how long is waiting time these days?

modanger

SAR

Post by modanger » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 pm

I got my SAR file in normal 30 days

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Hey everyone,

Wants to share the good news that I received my ILR yesterday. :)

My timeline:

Application posted: 5th January 2011
Akn Letter: 7th January 2011
Granted: 20 February 2011 (Liverpool)

My case was straight forward (no gaps) except that my initial passport was lost by Royal Mile while applying for USA tourist visa by post in 2002. I did not registered a police report that time but thankfully I had photocopies of lost passport which I manage to get attested from my consulate & sent them with my application with a cover letter explaining the situation.

I really appreciate your guys help & support throughout the application process. Keep up the good work & do not hesitate to ask if you guys have any questions....

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Jay4you wrote:Hey everyone,

My timeline:

My case was straight forward (no gaps) except that my initial passport was lost by Royal Mile while applying for USA tourist visa by post in 2002. I did not registered a police report that time but thankfully I had photocopies of lost passport which I manage to get attested from my consulate & sent them with my application with a cover letter explaining the situation.

I really appreciate your guys help & support throughout the application process. Keep up the good work & do not hesitate to ask if you guys have any questions....
6 Weeks! Congrats! Enjoy it!

abdu
Newly Registered

Use solicitor or not?

Post by abdu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello

Can anyone please advise whether to use a solicitor to apply for ILR application?
My Case seems to be straight forward.

Residence status:

8 Years Student
2 Years PSW.

I dont have any gaps or breaches.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

abdu
Newly Registered

Post by abdu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Jay4you wrote:Hey everyone,

My timeline:

Jay Congrats to you. Not much waiting time, I am sure you must be pleased with that.

Please share what documents did you posted alongside your application. Did you apply yourself or through a solicitor.

kungfuman
Newly Registered

Post by kungfuman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Guys

Finally, Got the good news today. Cant tell you how I feel. The wait is over and life can now truly begin. This forum has been of huge help troughout. A more valuable tool that anything.

My story.
7 years Student, 1 PSW and remainder Tier 1.
No gaps.
Applied 19 Jan 2011
Acknowledgement letter: 21 Jan 11
Grated : 22 February 2011.
So a whole month.

Thank very much and I remain available to help if needed.

Cheers and keep the faith..there is good news down the line..

Praise the Lord..

kungfuman
Newly Registered

Re: Use solicitor or not?

Post by kungfuman » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:55 pm

abdu wrote:Hello

Can anyone please advise whether to use a solicitor to apply for ILR application?

Residence status:

8 Years Student
2 Years PSW.

Thanks
Then no need for a sollicitor....just make sure all documents are there and in order with a cover letter to make the review process easier for them..:)

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:37 pm

kungfuman wrote:Hi Guys

Finally, Got the good news today. Cant tell you how I feel. The wait is over and life can now truly begin. This forum has been of huge help troughout. A more valuable tool that anything.

My story.
No gaps.
Applied 19 Jan 2011
So a whole month.

Praise the Lord..
great News!!! It seems 4 weeks is the norm now.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Residence status:

8 Years Student
2 Years PSW.

Thanks
I suggest you order your SAR file just to make sure.

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:31 pm

abdu wrote:
Jay Congrats to you. Not much waiting time, I am sure you must be pleased with that.

Please share what documents did you posted alongside your application. Did you apply yourself or through a solicitor.
Thanks abdu!!

Very pleased. Glad it's over especially when you are hearing news everyday about home office trying to change visa rules etc to tighten it's immigration control. Finally, I don't have to worry about all that now & it's a big relief, more then anything

I applied it myself. I thought about going to a solicitor but because my case was straight forward (except lost passport bit) I felt confident about applying myself & search this forum for any help.

I sent very limited documents with my application:

1) Passports
2) Attested photocopies of my lost passport.
3) Life in the UK test
4) Cover letter explaining my lost passport situation & highlighting dates I was out of UK during 10 year period.

That's about it actually. I know many guys here have sent there pay slips, bank statements & letter from employers etc with there application but frankly for 10 years ILR the form never asked for them. Nothing wrong with sending extra stuff off course but I decided to stick with specifically what's asked in the form.

Wait time seems to be between 4-6 weeks these days, which is great cause when I was starting my process of applying 10 odd weeks were norm & some guys even had to wait for 6-8 months for any response from home office.

abdu
Newly Registered

Post by abdu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 pm

kungfuman wrote:

Residence status:

8 Years Student
2 Years PSW.

Thanks
Then no need for a sollicitor....just make sure all documents are there and in order with a cover letter to make the review process easier for them..:)

Thanks kungfuman!!

Can you please share what documents did you enclose with your application, did you have any gaps at all when you made application?? Even if they were (Gaps) were just because the application was made through post?

Thanks

abdu
Newly Registered

Post by abdu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 am

joh118 wrote:

Residence status:

8 Years Student
2 Years PSW.

Thanks
I suggest you order your SAR file just to make sure.
Thanks Joh118.

Its a bit late for me to Order SAR since haven't got enough time left to apply ILR . Still it could help just in case if anything goes wrong.

I am having bit of confusion in regards to gaps. I had always applied for visa renewals before the previous leave to remain ran out. Since most of the applications were made Via post, the gaps were just because of those reasons and I have 2 gaps worth 21 days and 23 days respectively. I cannot prove whether the application was made via post because I never kept acknowledgement letters.

What impact this could have on my case?
Any thoughts or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

abdu
Newly Registered

Post by abdu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 am

kungfuman wrote:Hi Guys

My story.
No gaps.
Applied 19 Jan 2011
So a whole month.

Praise the Lord..
Congrats man. Enjoy a visa free life now :D

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 am

abdu wrote:
Thanks Joh118.

Its a bit late for me to Order SAR since haven't got enough time left to apply ILR . Still it could help just in case if anything goes wrong.

I am having bit of confusion in regards to gaps. I had always applied for visa renewals before the previous leave to remain ran out. Since most of the applications were made Via post, the gaps were just because of those reasons and I have 2 gaps worth 21 days and 23 days respectively. I cannot prove whether the application was made via post because I never kept acknowledgement letters.

Thanks
I had similar scenario with one of my visa. I applied for visa through post 10 days before my previous visa was running out. I was granted the visa but it was stamped 21 days after my initial visa run out. I was advised in this forum to apply for SAR but like you I did not had enough time so I just sent my application. I now have my ILR so maybe they don't recognise that as a gap.

Maybe you can point this out in you covering letter & mention that you have applied to update your visa before it have run out.

abdu
Newly Registered

Post by abdu » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 am

Jay4you wrote:
abdu wrote:
Thanks Joh118.

Thanks
I had similar scenario with one of my visa. I applied for visa through post 10 days before my previous visa was running out. I was granted the visa but it was stamped 21 days after my initial visa run out. I was advised in this forum to apply for SAR but like you I did not had enough time so I just sent my application. I now have my ILR so maybe they don't recognise that as a gap.

Maybe you can point this out in you covering letter & mention that you have applied to update your visa before it have run out.
Jay Thanks very much for responding.

I think there is not much of choice for me right now, but just apply as it is hoping that they don't recognise the processing time as a gap.
Its a good idea though to mention it in covering letter.

Do you have any template for covering letter at all please if you can PM me, I will really appreciate.

Many Thanks.

jozzy
Newly Registered

Got ILR

Post by jozzy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:34 am

Hi All

I don't know if this will help but I applied on the 29th January and received my ILR yesterday. ILR granted Feb 23.

Details

Student : 2001-2007
Work permit: 2007-2009
Tier 1: 2009-2011

No gaps,

Kind Regards
Jozzy