ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In UK on student visa,want to apply for youth mobility visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stevo1712
Newly Registered

In UK on student visa,want to apply for youth mobility visa

Post by stevo1712 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi,

I'd be very grateful for any help that members could give me.

I'm Australian and in the UK on a student visa. I'd like to apply for a youth mobility visa. Do I need to return to Australia to make the application?

And if I am granted the 2 years to stay in the UK, will I be able to leave the UK as I please to visit other countries? If so, are there any limits on the number of days I can be out of the UK?

Many thanks for your help.

geriatrix

Re: In UK on student visa,want to apply for youth mobility v

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:38 am

stevo1712 wrote:I'm Australian and in the UK on a student visa. I'd like to apply for a youth mobility visa. Do I need to return to Australia to make the application?
Yes, as there is no provision for applying for leave to remain (i.e.- make an application in country) (245ZI - 245ZL).
stevo1712 wrote:And if I am granted the 2 years to stay in the UK, will I be able to leave the UK as I please to visit other countries? If so, are there any limits on the number of days I can be out of the UK?
This visa does not lead to settlement and time spent in UK does not contribute to qualifying residential status unless one is applying for settlement under long residence category. So unless this is the intended route to settlement, absences or length of absences from UK should be irrelevant.

regards