ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emigrating with a baby, or having a baby in Canada?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsingleton
Newly Registered

Emigrating with a baby, or having a baby in Canada?

Post by hsingleton » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Hi

My husband & I are hoping to emigrate to BC in the next few years. I am a veterinary nurse (or technician as it is referred to in Canada), & my husband has family (dad & sister) in BC.

We have used the eligibilty tool on the Canadian immigration website, & understand that we have a chance of being accepted under the skilled working category as long as I had an offer of arranged employment.

At some point in the next few years we would also like to have a baby (our first child). What I would like to know is what would be the most beneficial way with regards to emigrating...to have the baby in the UK & emigrate at some point afterwards (if so, how many years?), or to emmigrate to BC & then have the baby after a few years? What would my maternity rights etc be in BC?

The only other possible complication is my husband's age - he is currently 51. I fall within the 21 - 49 category, but I am just a little concerned in case my husband's chances of emigrating become more difficult as he ages!

Any advice much appreciated.

giuseppenero

job offer

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:03 am

Do you have a job offer? If not, from experience, even a fantom job offer from a valid incorporated (licensed) business will work. (include bus. license number). A friend of mine once sent a job-offer letter to an overseas Canadian consulate for an applicant I knew. The application was granted primarily on the letter, but never was there any follow up into whether the immigrant was hired. In fact, the immigrant didn't even move to the city of the job offer.
Couldn't your Canadian in-laws act as guarantors in this case, seeing also that it could be viewed as "family reunification"?
As for a possible child, it's hard to say whether to weigh more heavily on
the logistics or the personal side. How old does the dad (at least) want to be when his child is ten yrs. old and wants to play ball?
All the best. :)