ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:04 pm

mimine30,you r allowed to work if you a spouce or child of an eu national,by spouce i meant legally married under a lwa recognised by English law.so partners and extented family members are not allowed to work while you application is pending.
NON EU national with RC

cornflakes
Newly Registered

Post by cornflakes » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey, my dear friends,
Today I received my passport back with the Residence card inside!!

I sent the application on Nov 4, 2010
Received COA with the wrong DOB on Dec 4 2010
Sent the wrong COA back on Dec 9 2010
Received correct COA on Dec 21 2010
Received passport with the Residence card sticker in it today, on Feb 25 2011, while the Residence card was issued on Feb 9, 2011.

It took for me 4 months - a long time, but better than 6 months!

Unfortunately in a few months I will have to reapply again due to the fact that my passport is going to expire in September this year and I will have to change it. Has anybody here sent the application twice for the reason of passport change? Does it take as long as the initial application?
Thanks and good luck to everybody!:)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

cornflakes wrote:Has anybody here sent the application twice for the reason of passport change? Does it take as long as the initial application?
You will have to make a new application, look here (bottom of page).

cornflakes
Newly Registered

Post by cornflakes » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks, 86ti. Yes, I know I have to apply again... but I just wondered if anybody applied after the change of passport and how long they had to wait..
Also somebody earlier mentioned they traveled with 2 passports (old&new) and it worked for them on the border. It means it's not that critical to transfer a residence card in a new passport?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:06 pm

cornflakes wrote:Thanks, 86ti. Yes, I know I have to apply again... but I just wondered if anybody applied after the change of passport and how long they had to wait..
You will wait as long as anybody else making an application. Why would it be any different? The residence card only confirms the status quo.

cornflakes wrote:Also somebody earlier mentioned they traveled with 2 passports (old&new) and it worked for them on the border. It means it's not that critical to transfer a residence card in a new passport?
Comments regarding this have been made in this thread already. UK immigration will not be the problem...

unemployedwife
Newly Registered

Post by unemployedwife » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi,

I've sent in my application on 22/02/11 and nothing so far. Hope to get some news soon.

I've a dilemma with the passport as my husband booked a return flight to Germany for a weekend on the last week of March. I'm concerned if I requested for my passport to be returned, it might somehow tamper with the application process and besides, if everything goes smoothly and I do get the visa, I really don't want to have it on a piece of A4 paper as I'm really clumsy and would definitely misplace it somehow.

I read a person in the thread posted sometime last year that he requested for the return of passport, traveled with it and sent it back to HO and got the RC on his passport. I wonder if it's as easy as that, to simply send the passport to the same address as the initial application once we're done with our passport?

Deca
Newly Registered

Post by Deca » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Applied medio October, received yesterday. So that makes it 4 and a half months.

BTW via self-sufficiency, which worked out fine!

cornflakes
Newly Registered

Post by cornflakes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

86ti wrote: You will wait as long as anybody else making an application. Why would it be any different? The residence card only confirms the status quo.
Well, I think it should be different. It's unfair that people who already went through the entire application process for several months and was limited in some of their rights for that period, have to make application again only due to their passport change. While others who were more lucky to have a "fresh" passport can just live their normal life for the following 5 years.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 am

cornflakes wrote:
86ti wrote: You will wait as long as anybody else making an application. Why would it be any different? The residence card only confirms the status quo.
Well, I think it should be different. It's unfair that people who already went through the entire application process for several months and was limited in some of their rights for that period, have to make application again only due to their passport change. While others who were more lucky to have a "fresh" passport can just live their normal life for the following 5 years.
You are neither legally required to reapply in this case nor are you legally required to apply in the first place. In what way were your rights limited? Fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Jumping the queue (that is actually what you are asking for) would be typically seen as unfair in the UK.

cornflakes
Newly Registered

Post by cornflakes » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:10 pm

86ti wrote: You are neither legally required to reapply in this case nor are you legally required to apply in the first place.
86ti, right, I'm not required to apply or reapply, but how do you see in practice I can stay without it? Wherever I went with my about-to-expire or expired Family permit visa (e.g. local surgery, school, potential employer), everybody asked for a proof of my status. If they see expired visa, they are not going to deal with you.
86ti wrote: Jumping the queue (that is actually what you are asking for) would be typically seen as unfair in the UK.
I never asked jumping the queue. However, why does a person have to undergo the same exact procedure in case s/he changes passport? You change your passport not because you want to, but because it expires..
Anyway I actually only wanted to hear how it works for new passport applicants. Thanks, 86ti, for information. I appreciate you shared your opinion, although it was opposite to mine :wink:

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

Post by kaycee23ful » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 pm

86ti wrote:
cornflakes wrote:
You are neither legally required to reapply in this case nor are you legally required to apply in the first place. In what way were your rights limited? Fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Jumping the queue (that is actually what you are asking for) would be typically seen as unfair in the UK.
just show your 2 passports...the one that expires is only your passport not the rc anyway...

verity
Newly Registered

Application made in November 2010

Post by verity » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:24 am

Woo hoo!

My resident card arrived yesterday in the post (2 March 2011).
I'm an American married to a European.
Here's the trail:

22/11/10
Posted EEA2 application via Royal Mail Special Delivery
21/12/10 - Received Certification of Application in the mail. (COA dated 14/12/10)
2/3/11 Resident card arrived via regular post! (Resident card dated 22/2/11)

This means that they issued my resident card exactly 3 months from the date I posted the application, but just over 2 months from the date they issued my COA!

That was about 3-6 months quicker than I expected! Go Border Agency, GO! :) :D
Last edited by verity on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emc

Post by Emc » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi all and congartulations to those who recieved their RCs. It is realy usefull to read all the updates here and knowing the time scale for current applications. I have applied for mine on the first of feb and got my COA today, which clearly states that I am allowed to work for the next six month, I am so happy. Now will be counting down the month to my RC ! Hopefully without any problems.

jbeit
Newly Registered

Post by jbeit » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

wwdeshen wrote:hello everyone.

i send my applictions on 21 nov 2010, and received a letter on 5 dec said homeoffice received my application. this is the second time i send my eea2 as first time we were missing my partner's possport. and i haven't got any coa back. how long does it take to receive coa? i read all your post it looks like take one month, but for me its been nearly 3 months. and anyone got Rc without receive coa? thanks for your help.
hello wwdeshen,
i m going through same situation i sent my application for eea2 on 8 dec 2010
ho received it on the 9th of dec 2010 and i m still waiting for a reply nt even a coa yet.though i was given one when i first aplied on the 5th of may and it was returned back after 5mths stating my patner hasnt completed his wrs yet but the truth is he has never changed his employer.so we got the proof of that and returned the application back to the ho but this time was for eea2.
pls keep me posted if u hear anything,good luck.God bless

NikKol
Newly Registered

Post by NikKol » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi all,
I am going to apply for eea2 residence card as an unmarried partner. I am non-EU living with a czech girlfriend for 2 years. The problem is that I don't know what document to enclose with my application. I don't have a tenancy agreement (my gf owns a property), but I am registered on the property form the day 1. Additionally I am paying water bills. Would that be sufficient? Also I could probably get my telephone printout for 3 years showing the phone calls made to her number, as well as pictures, e-tickets to Prague and holidays together. Would that be enough?

Aslo I am not sure about the extended family member thing that unmarried partner category falls into. If my eu partner is a student, she is exercising her treaty rights, but does it make any difference on the application? Can we just show she is self-sufficient?

I have read all threads about the topic but still confused. Please help or advice a good immigration lawyer who could assist me.

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm

jbeit wrote:
wwdeshen wrote:hello everyone.

i send my applictions on 21 nov 2010, and received a letter on 5 dec said homeoffice received my application. this is the second time i send my eea2 as first time we were missing my partner's possport. and i haven't got any coa back. how long does it take to receive coa? i read all your post it looks like take one month, but for me its been nearly 3 months. and anyone got Rc without receive coa? thanks for your help.
hello wwdeshen,
i m going through same situation i sent my application for eea2 on 8 dec 2010
ho received it on the 9th of dec 2010 and i m still waiting for a reply nt even a coa yet.though i was given one when i first aplied on the 5th of may and it was returned back after 5mths stating my patner hasnt completed his wrs yet but the truth is he has never changed his employer.so we got the proof of that and returned the application back to the ho but this time was for eea2.
pls keep me posted if u hear anything,good luck.God bless
hi, i got my RC back last week, the letter i received in Dec to confirm HO received my application which is COA. as i missunderstand i thought it's just letter.....
the first time they refused my application as we didn't send my partner's passport,(at that time his passport was in DVLA), so we send the application again in Nov . so my time line is :
2010 May, first applicaion sent, COA received in JULY, all documents back in NOV, refused my application as we were missing my partner's passport.
2010 NOV sent application again with all documents and my partner's passport, COA received in DEC, RC received end of FEB.
hope it helps. good luck

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:00 am

NikKol wrote:Hi all,
I am going to apply for eea2 residence card as an unmarried partner. I am non-EU living with a czech girlfriend for 2 years. The problem is that I don't know what document to enclose with my application. I don't have a tenancy agreement (my gf owns a property), but I am registered on the property form the day 1. Additionally I am paying water bills. Would that be sufficient? Also I could probably get my telephone printout for 3 years showing the phone calls made to her number, as well as pictures, e-tickets to Prague and holidays together. Would that be enough?

Aslo I am not sure about the extended family member thing that unmarried partner category falls into. If my eu partner is a student, she is exercising her treaty rights, but does it make any difference on the application? Can we just show she is self-sufficient?

I have read all threads about the topic but still confused. Please help or advice a good immigration lawyer who could assist me.
hi
i have similar situation. we are unmarried and i move in to my partner own property. we dont have join account or any bill with both of our names. as i am paying all the daliy expenses. he doesn't want me to pay bills either as he earns more than me and he think he should pay everything.the documents we sent were: his payslip, letter from work, his property mortgage statment shows he owns the property, few bills, my bank statments, any letter with my name under this address, photos of us. and cover letter he wrote that i move in to his property, he pays bills and he will support me financal.
the only problem is he is working, i am not sure about student, hope someone can help more.

NikKol
Newly Registered

Post by NikKol » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 pm

wwdeshen wrote:

i have similar situation. we are unmarried and i move in to my partner own property. we dont have join account or any bill with both of our names. as i am paying all the daliy expenses. he doesn't want me to pay bills either as he earns more than me and he think he should pay everything.the documents we sent were: his payslip, letter from work, his property mortgage statment shows he owns the property, few bills, my bank statments, any letter with my name under this address, photos of us. and cover letter he wrote that i move in to his property, he pays bills and he will support me financal.
the only problem is he is working, i am not sure about student, hope someone can help more.
Thanks, wwdeshen that's very useful.

Have you received the RC already? Did you see a lawer before you applied? I am worried that lack of JOINT accounts/bills would be a problem. Did you privide any letters from friends (UK residents) confirming your relationship?
My student visa expires in NOV 2011, which is just about 6 months to go (just enogh time for HO to delay it until my current leave expires).

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:47 pm

NikKol wrote:
wwdeshen wrote:

Have you received the RC already? Did you see a lawer before you applied? I am worried that lack of JOINT accounts/bills would be a problem. Did you privide any letters from friends (UK residents) confirming your relationship?
My student visa expires in NOV 2011, which is just about 6 months to go (just enogh time for HO to delay it until my current leave expires).
hi
i received my RC last week. i didnt see any lawer, filled the form and did everything by myself. i didnt privide any letters form friends. i printed facebook photo with date shows that we'v been together for a long time.
i send my application just before my visa expire. as i know when home office is prossing your application you still legal still in uk until they make decision.
i am not 100% sure about it, this is just what i did. good luck

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: eea2

Post by smallpie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:55 am

mimine30 wrote:hi everyone its my first time here,1st time postiing something,buti have been following all the topics relating to the eu applications.
i applied fror and eea2 for myself and for an eea1 for my irish wife, on the 11/02/2011 the thing is i dont have a lot of hope in that.
i overstayed in the uk for a very long time before we got married,
my wife is not working we applied as self-sufficent and iam worried that she won't qualifie there is about 10 000£ donated by her mother paied into her account we did provide a letter from her mother certifing that.and bank statements
also we purchased a health insurance for both of us, we have daughter 14 months born in london does she need to be covered too?

so could anyone just have a look at my situation and letus know your thoughts .
thank you all in advance
mimmie, the eea application requires yr wife to be working during the application, not sure if the money deposited in her account will be considered. i wld advise u to let her go get a job at least 3-6mnths with the payslips to show for it and tax deductions.. and yr daughter is not an issue in yr application at all.. she is legal in the country and have the same right as her mother. and bein overstayer has nothin to do with yr application , just make sure u send the relevant required docs and u will be fine. marriage cert. baby birth cert. etc - in addition.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

mimine30

Re: eea2

Post by mimine30 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:25 am

smallpie wrote:
mimine30 wrote:hi everyone its my first time here,1st time postiing something,buti have been following all the topics relating to the eu applications.
i applied fror and eea2 for myself and for an eea1 for my irish wife, on the 11/02/2011 the thing is i dont have a lot of hope in that.
i overstayed in the uk for a very long time before we got married,
my wife is not working we applied as self-sufficent and iam worried that she won't qualifie there is about 10 000£ donated by her mother paied into her account we did provide a letter from her mother certifing that.and bank statements
also we purchased a health insurance for both of us, we have daughter 14 months born in london does she need to be covered too?

so could anyone just have a look at my situation and letus know your thoughts .
thank you all in advance
mimmie, the eea application requires yr wife to be working during the application, not sure if the money deposited in her account will be considered. i wld advise u to let her go get a job at least 3-6mnths with the payslips to show for it and tax deductions.. and yr daughter is not an issue in yr application at all.. she is legal in the country and have the same right as her mother. and bein overstayer has nothin to do with yr application , just make sure u send the relevant required docs and u will be fine. marriage cert. baby birth cert. etc - in addition.
thank you so much for your answer,but pardon me to differ on this one
i was talking about making an application EEA as selfsufficent categorie
my wife used to work but then after the birth she stopped working and she never go back,
so under this categorie self-sufficent do yopu have more infiormation about it?

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 am

it does shows that is not hundred percent required for applicant to re-apply for a new RC to their new passport really? one can do so if u want it to be on yr new passport and if not, u cld be takin the old expired passport with the valid RC on it, together with the new valid passport when u travel.. is this right anyone plz?
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

seanp

Post by seanp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 pm

wwdeshen wrote:
NikKol wrote:
wwdeshen wrote:

hi
i received my RC last week. i didnt see any lawer, filled the form and did everything by myself. i didnt privide any letters form friends. i printed facebook photo with date shows that we'v been together for a long time.
i send my application just before my visa expire. as i know when home office is prossing your application you still legal still in uk until they make decision.
i am not 100% sure about it, this is just what i did. good luck
pls tell us more of what u submitt with ur application.....congrats

nusayri
Newly Registered

Post by nusayri » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi everyone
It is great day for us, today we recieved our residence card.

17 NOVEMBER 2010 first applied
DECEMBER 2010 recieved COA
08 MARC 2011 residence card

They issued residence card 03/03 very nice coincidence that is my birtday:))

I wish could luck to everyone.

seanp

Post by seanp » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:33 pm

nusayri wrote:Hi everyone
It is great day for us, today we recieved our residence card.

17 NOVEMBER 2010 first applied
DECEMBER 2010 recieved COA
08 MARC 2011 residence card

They issued residence card 03/03 very nice coincidence that is my birtday:))

I wish could luck to everyone.
congrats, can u pls tell us wat u submit.....thanks