ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to stay in UK legally

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

honeyhh
Newly Registered

how to stay in UK legally

Post by honeyhh » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

hi

I am a EU national married with a non EU national, in Jul 2004 in UK, in our marriage my child was born 2005, but my husband is not the biological father, the real father run away the status on my child's birth certificate says father unknown.
I am resident in UK I have resident card, and we lived in the UK since 2005, my husband went back to his own country and came back with entry clearance first time valid for 1 year then he got a spouse visa couple of times from Home office and it was valid for around two years which as again renewed and right now we were expecting he got indefinite leave to remain as advised by the lawyers we talked with however the Home office gave him a spouse visa valid for 5 years it is a resident document allowing him to work in UK, however as soon as the divorce goes through I do not believe it will be valid any longer so what does he need to do in order to stay here legally,?
I filed my husband for divorce in oct 2010, because his unfaithfulness, I have allowed him to take parental responsibility via court and have contact to my child. I spoke to some lawyers they advised me that he could stay in UK based on article 8, however when investigating the law I discovered that he does not fill the criteria, which is to be either a student or working or self employed along with a comprehensive sickness insurance for a period of 5 years continuously, so he has been using NHS for a surgery as he was a victim of crime, also he has not been working or student and nor had he had comprehensive sickness insurance at all, not even one year. So how can he stay here ? can he use the parental contact via court if he pays child maintenance for a child that is not his own to stay here in UK or does the child need to be his biologically, I need to know if he can stay here at all based on my child or any other ways ? I am pregnant now, and would like to know if his biological child is born will it make a change in his immigration status.

giuseppenero

professional counsel

Post by giuseppenero » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:15 am

You should seek professional counsel only. It sound very complicated.
Good luck