ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sworn affidavit process - New Born baby in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vks

Post by vks » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Hello all,

Does anyone know the process for getting a sworn affidavit from Indian High Commission, London for a new born baby in India?

What are the documents required for getting the sworn affidavit and how long would that take?

Is there any lessons that I can use from others?

(I am sure these questions would have come up before, but could not track down by a google search or this boards search)
Regards,
vks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 pm

What is the purpose of the affidavit? And why do you need a affidavit from HCI, UK for a child born in India?

regards

vks

Post by vks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

But Rusty, apologies!

The purpose:

I had a kid recently. She was born in India and to get the passport, both parents have to submit the passport. Since one of the parent is away(me) I have to submit a sworn affidavit from the Indian High Commission.

That is a mandatory piece of document that needs to be submitted to the Passport office in India, when we apply for the minor's passport in India.

Checklist when applying for Minor's passport
In case where the parent(s) is/are resident outside India, such consent from the parent(s), in the form of a sworn affidavit, duly attested by the Indian Mission abroad, is acceptable. In the cases where the minor children who are less than 18 years of age, the details of valid passports held by BOTH OR EITHER parents should be furnished. In such cases, passport to their minor child will be issued without any police verification basis
Regards,
vks

vks

Post by vks » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 pm

So, I got the letter this Friday!

What documents needed:

1. Just the passport of the parent(s) and a copy of the passport's first and last page.
2. Birth certificate original and copy of the kid (Although not asked)
3. Residence proof in UK (Not asked)

The process:
1. The 'Q' at India house near Aldwich theatre starts very early(Get ready for a whole day of waiting and choose a day other than Friday, as I saw a long Q)
2. Get a token and when you are in the passport office, you would be waiting in the 'Consular/Miscellaneous Services' Q.(I learnt that there was a chap who passed on that day, may be it was a chill factor)
3. On your turn (number in the token) you submit the copy of your passport and the document is verified with the original and the application form for an affidavit is to be submitted to the consular cell
4. You would be asked to return in the afternoon to comeback and sign the document in front of the consular, where the document is double checked by the consular and you sign in front of him on the application form.
5. You would be asked to come back again at 4.30 pm to collect the document, which would be a signed copy from the consular and that's it.

Lessons:
1. Since the office was supposed to open about 9.15 AM, I was standing on the other end of the office (I did not know where the passport sell was!) When I came to check the passport cell around 7.45 a.m, I was blown by the fact that there were almost 60 individuals in front of me and the Q was growing. So as soon as you reach the India Office, stand in the Q
2. Be prepared for the chillness in the early morning hours and you have to stand in the long Q (There is no priority service for kids or elders) So avoid such situations
3. The passport office can accommodate around 100 people, but there will be more than 100, so you have to expect that you have to stand a lot
4. Sometimes, the Q system will not be followed. Especially the end of the day, when the affidavit is to be handed out to individuals. It is first come first serve basis. One has to know that this is how it works.

That's all folks..
Regards,
vks

gmanjunath
Newly Registered

Post by gmanjunath » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi,
Thanks for giving detailed information.

Could you please let me clarify following things:

1. Do we need attach any photographs.
2. How much is the fees?

Regards,
Manju

pradeepkumar
Newly Registered

Reg affidavit from highcomssion of india for passport applic

Post by pradeepkumar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 am

Hi VKS,

I read your message regarding getting affidavit from high commission of india in london, to apply passport for minor child in India, it was useful

I am also falling into the same scenario

thanks for that.

I have a doubt here in your comment you said submit application for affidavit. where do I get this application is it issued in the counter or do
I need to download it from somewhere

Your timely response is much appreciated
thanks in advance for your guidance

Please do send your reply to my email id ' pradeepforever@inbox.com'

Kind REgards
Pradeep

adric
Newly Registered

Re: Reg affidavit from highcomssion of india for passport ap

Post by adric » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Pradeepkumar,

Did you manage to find where to download the affidavit application?

Please let us all know.
Thanks.
pradeepkumar wrote:Hi VKS,

I read your message regarding getting affidavit from high commission of india in london, to apply passport for minor child in India, it was useful

I am also falling into the same scenario

thanks for that.

I have a doubt here in your comment you said submit application for affidavit. where do I get this application is it issued in the counter or do
I need to download it from somewhere

Your timely response is much appreciated
thanks in advance for your guidance

Please do send your reply to my email id ' pradeepforever@inbox.com'

Kind REgards
Pradeep

prabhu1981
Newly Registered

Need Further Help For Child Passport/Visa born in India

Post by prabhu1981 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi VKS/Pradeep/Adric

I am sure by now all of you would have passed through this process. I assume the affidavit will be issued directly in High Commision and we just need to provide plain paper application form?

Please confirm

Also, I need to understand how easy was it to get the Passport in India and the procedure for the same? plus the Visa on top of it

I am sure by now you guys will be aware of how complex and difficult to know all these process, so any help on this will be really appreciated.

I can be reached at sjceprabhu@yahoo.com (07717536927)

Please help me

adric
Newly Registered

Re: Need Further Help For Child Passport/Visa born in India

Post by adric » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:16 pm

This is the affidavit form :
http://www.4shared.com/document/oR99I6C ... plate.html

You can fill this and take it to HCI (which I did) , if not you will be given a form at HCI where you'll have to fill up this form in the crowded hall.

When one parent is in India and is applying for the baby's passport , you can skip the corresponding parts of the form(eg: if mother is in India applying for passport for the baby, the 6,7,8,9,10th blanks and mother's signature need not be filled in this form)

Overall, though the process is slightly improved compared to previous years, the treatment of applicants is still bad, queue outside starts at 6:30 sometimes there is stench of liquid waste outside while standing in the queue. Once inside at 8:30, you'll have to wait till 9:48 (officially 9:30) when the counter opens.And there is no proper queue enforced when collecting the affidavits in the evening ,the delivery of affidavits does not start at the advertised time 4:30.

Why don't HCI put up a simple appointment system online?And why don't they countersign and return the affidavit immediately instead of delaying till 4:30 pm on the same day? It would save a full day for the applicant,who would be more than willing to pay a bit more for prompt service : but I guess the Indian Foreign ministry has other priorities.

The careless,pompous attitude of the HCI staff is shocking,for the ones receiving new passports, passports were literally thrown from the counter. There was an argument between a staff member and an applicant regarding OCI, the staffmember was very rude and shrugged off the applicant's complaint after the applicant had wrong/missing OCI. An appeals & feedback system needs to be put in place for each applicant using HCI services.

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Try this blog ..latest one from london..

http://londonseye.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... -high.html