ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Req. for Kids

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

Resident Req. for Kids

Post by vgvirgo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for citizenship next year; I have few queries regarding that.
1) Is there any residence req. in terms of years for Children (aged 4.5 yrs at time of application.)
2) Can I include my son’s application (on form MN1) also when we apply for Citizenship? If yes why they are asking question in Section 3 “3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.â€

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Are the children born in the UK?

regards

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

Post by vgvirgo » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:01 pm

NO

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Assuming that your spouse currently holds ILR / will be granted ILR before you apply for naturalisation, you may apply for registration of child/children as British citizen(s) under section 3(1) at the same time as your naturalisation application.
Section 3(1) application - children who do not come under section 1(3) or section 1(4) whose parents are applying for British citizenship wrote:If one or both of the child's parents are applying for British citizenship we may, if we believe it is reasonable under the circumstances, register the child under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. We will normally only register the child if:
- both parents are granted or already hold British citizenship; or
- if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the United Kingdom.
No residency requirements for child under 13 at the time of registration application.

regards

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

Post by vgvirgo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 pm

With Ref to earlier post, finally what I need to write in this question? as mother and father are applying for British Citizenship

3 “3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.â€

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

[quote="vgvirgo"]With Ref to earlier post, finally what I need to write in this question? as mother and father are applying for British Citizenship

3 “3.1 Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.â€

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:27 pm

[quote="vgvirgo"]With Ref to earlier post, finally what I need to write in this question? as mother and father are applying for British Citizenship