ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling the form in early..what should i do?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ctl121
Newly Registered

Filling the form in early..what should i do?

Post by ctl121 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:25 am

I thought I was able to apply for british citizenship this month but as i went to the checking office, they told me that i could not apply until the end of next month. I was wondering if I can just continue using the form that i have filled out and dated or do i have to fill in another form?? Would it affect my outcome if the form is dated a month ago?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:43 am

When a new form is specified, an old version of the form remains valid for 21 days from the date a new form is specified. After those 21 days, applications may be returned as invalid for using an obsolete form.

So if a new form is specified any earlier than 21 days before UKBA receives your naturalisation application, then you cannot use this form to apply.

Do note that for naturalisation application the date that UKBA receives your application is the date of application. The date of posting / submitting at NCS is not the date of application.

regards

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:05 pm

I don't think that the OP's point is that the form he or she has filled in might become obsolete as a form but rather that he has dated it with a date that precedes the eligibility to apply.

Personally, I'd fill in a new form with the right date, although I can't say that the old date would disqualify the application.

You could also re-date it by crossing out the date you have put and entering the new date with your initials or signature. (That seems to be acceptable practice on cheques; whether the Home Office is as relaxed as the banks are, I cannot say...)
Last edited by Christophe on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm

It does not harm any one to fill the new form.