ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice Payment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navodwickra

Notice Payment

Post by navodwickra » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:34 pm

One of my friends trying to apply for T1(G) this month and he got redundant last month. So he recieved an extra months salary on his payslip it says notice Payment. Can anyone confirm whether he can use this as his previous earnings? Thanks in advance.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Notice Payment

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:12 pm

navodwickra wrote:One of my friends trying to apply for T1(G) this month and he got redundant last month. So he recieved an extra months salary on his payslip it says notice Payment. Can anyone confirm whether he can use this as his previous earnings? Thanks in advance.
If it is a notice pay, he can use it.

Also the below thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... redundancy

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Notice Payment

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 pm

navodwickra wrote:One of my friends trying to apply for T1(G) this month and he got redundant last month. So he recieved an extra months salary on his payslip it says notice Payment. Can anyone confirm whether he can use this as his previous earnings? Thanks in advance.

Notice payments are acceptable. If it is possible for him (and it may be difficult because he was made redundant), he should probably request for a letter from his previous employer to confirm that this notice payment was in lieu of working the notice period.

I am saying this because redundancy payments are not counted but notice payments are counted.

See Page 20, Point 120 and 121.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.