ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yemostika
Newly Registered

Any idea of timeframe for Naturalisation reapplicants?

Post by yemostika » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Does any one out there know if 2nd-time applicants are prioritised? I recently got refused for minor traffic offences after some 30-month wait. Thanks.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Any idea of timeframe for Naturalisation reapplicants?

Post by nanette » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I don't think there will be a priority for you...It will be treated the same way as anybody else.

Nanette.

yemostika wrote:Does any one out there know if 2nd-time applicants are prioritised? I recently got refused for minor traffic offences after some 30-month wait. Thanks.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:13 pm

[quote="nanette"]I don't think there will be a priority for you...It will be treated the same way as anybody else.

Nanette.

I agree with Nanette. good luck
peace on you

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Does any one out there know if 2nd-time applicants are prioritised? I recently got refused for minor traffic offences after some 30-month wait. Thanks

Hi Yemostika.
What is this minor traffic offense they refuse you on. wat really happened, is it only one time or more.
thanx

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:25 pm

yemostika wrote:Does any one out there know if 2nd-time applicants are prioritised? I recently got refused for minor traffic offences after some 30-month wait. Thanks.
Yeah Yemo, could you elaborate on these offences or quote the refusal letter you got? It would help some people on this forum
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

yemostika
Newly Registered

Post by yemostika » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:19 pm

AShawna wrote:
Yeah Yemo, could you elaborate on these offences or quote the refusal letter you got? It would help some people on this forum
Thanks all. They're double-yellow parking & bulb-failure (one headlamp not working)! I've now reapplied, & it's being acknowledged. Thanks again.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 pm

yemostika wrote: Thanks all. They're double-yellow parking & bulb-failure (one headlamp not working)! I've now reapplied, & it's being acknowledged. Thanks again.
Wow, I got speeding ticket and penalty points but didnt affect my approval so I guess I should be thankful. I'd be interested in knowing how they'll handle the 2nd time application. If they do the Garda check, will same offences be reported again...? :?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:15 pm

yemostika wrote:Thanks all. They're double-yellow parking & bulb-failure (one headlamp not working)! I've now reapplied, & it's being acknowledged. Thanks again.
Wow, those are both pretty minor infractions and afaik neither even give you points on your driving licence right? Did you pay the fines?
AShawna wrote:Wow, I got speeding ticket and penalty points but didnt affect my approval so I guess I should be thankful. I'd be interested in knowing how they'll handle the 2nd time application. If they do the Garda check, will same offences be reported again...? :?
Yeah I wonder about this too. There are no guidelines about "statute of limitation" on how long any "adverse attention" will be held against you. I wonder if the 2nd app will be dealt with any differently than the first?!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

To all specially the senior members,
Just wondering,
If you have been caought speeding and got fined without penalty points.
(I introduced my internationl liceinse at that time) would that appear in the garda report?
peace on you

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:56 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:To all specially the senior members,
Just wondering,
(I introduced my internationl liceinse at that time) would that appear in the garda report?
Not likely if this is the only traffic offence against you and provided you have not come to the adverse attention of the Gardi for any other other reason, you should be ok.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:10 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:To all specially the senior members,
Just wondering,
I got fined and got penalty points for speeding. I paid up fast and that was the end of the matter. Guess the point s would have dropped off now, its been over 3 years.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:11 pm

yemostika wrote: Thanks all. They're double-yellow parking & bulb-failure (one headlamp not working)! I've now reapplied, & it's being acknowledged. Thanks again.
That is very harsh! We've read cases people with up to 4 penalty points granted citizenship and others with offences they were neither convicted nor even fined for being refused. If these offences were the sole reason why your application was refused then that would be very unfair. It highlights again the unfair and nontransparent nature of he Irish naturalization process. Hopefully it won't be the case, but what is worrying is the possibility that they may decide to hold the same offence against you the second time around.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:37 pm

As
what happened with yemostika is really frustating, one of me friends got approval in 33 months recently he was twice fined and got penalty points for speeding, thirdly he was court convicted for tv licence, and at last he could not show insurance and nct disc to garda with in 10 days so he was court convicted and was fined for 300 euro. with all these offences he got the approval lucky guy

but wat can u say in this position yemo have really minor offences.

one woman from Asia got refusal as well only on parking double yellow line.

another guy i know got approval was fined twice for speeding.

Really no Idea how DoJ is dealing with all these offences i guess for speeding it does not matter for them.

well i m fined for double yellow line once aswel so i should know about my decision now.

good luck to all

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:02 pm

....you can buy a "certificate of irishness".....it states up to 70 million people qualify for this- fee yet to be announced by government...irish descendants- that's A LOT OF PEOPLE !!

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 pm

9jeirean wrote:
That is very harsh! We've read cases people with up to 4 penalty points granted citizenship and others with offences they were neither convicted nor even fined for being refused. If these offences were the sole reason why your application was refused then that would be very unfair. It highlights again the unfair and nontransparent nature of he Irish naturalization process. Hopefully it won't be the case, but what is worrying is the possibility that they may decide to hold the same offence against you the second time around.
I thought the penalty points (if not contested in court) stays 3 years on the license and then go away. If the INIS is making this an excuse and refusing it that is very very harsh. I thought the applicant has the right to bring this to a judicial review as i read some cases on courts.ie where refused applicants have challenged.

yemostika
Newly Registered

Post by yemostika » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 am

still waiting wrote:As
what happened with yemostika is really frustating, one of me friends got approval in 33 months recently he was twice fined and got penalty points for speeding, thirdly he was court convicted for tv licence, and at last he could not show insurance and nct disc to garda with in 10 days so he was court convicted and was fined for 300 euro. with all these offences he got the approval lucky guy

but wat can u say in this position yemo have really minor offences.

one woman from Asia got refusal as well only on parking double yellow line.

another guy i know got approval was fined twice for speeding.

Really no Idea how DoJ is dealing with all these offences i guess for speeding it does not matter for them.

well i m fined for double yellow line once aswel so i should know about my decision now.

good luck to all

No. I don't think you should be pessimistic about your decision. Reason being: My cases went to court: 1st- alleged parking offence- for non-payment of fine, judgement: Acquitted, non-conviction & case thrown out. 2nd- 'bulb-failure'... No option for payment of fine, summoned to court, found guilty and fined €60, promptly paid. So I think the issue was court attendance!... But is there anyone who has received a decision after reapplying due to being initially refused? Cheerio!

ChIrl

Address proof

Post by ChIrl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 am

Hello,

What types of address proof are accepted for an application that was submitted based on marriage to Irish citizen?

Can I submit following as proof of address?

Joint Bank Account Statement
Mortgage Statement
Home Insurance policy
Health Insurance policy

Also, what is the time frame for approval after sumission of additional documents?

Regards

9jeirean

Re: Address proof

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:49 am

ChIrl wrote:Hello,

What types of address proof are accepted for an application that was submitted based on marriage to Irish citizen?

Mortgage Statement
Home Insurance policy
Health Insurance policy

Also, what is the time frame for approval after sumission of additional documents?

Regards
Joint Bank statement would suffice.

9jeirean

ChIrl

Re: Address proof

Post by ChIrl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks.

But, INIS asking to submit three address proof with joint names.
9jeirean wrote:
ChIrl wrote:Hello,

Mortgage Statement
Home Insurance policy
Health Insurance policy

Regards
Joint Bank statement would suffice.

9jeirean

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi ChIrl,

I applied last month as the spouse of an Irish citizen.
I ended up supplying a copy of every bill we had. Some weren't in joint names, mainly because he'd bought our home before I came along, and these were fine. I ended up submitting the following:

1. Joint current account statements
2. Health insurance certificates for us (we had 4 years, so sent these all in)
3. TV license demands (going back 3 years), addressed to my husband
4. Motor tax demands for the last year, again just in my husbands name
5. Revenue tax credit certificates/P21s going back 3 years
4. Phone/Internet bills
5. Electricity/Gas bills, going back several months
6. Joint savings account statements

I supplied this with the initial application, so I don't know if they'll want them again. I basically cleaned out our filing cabinet when I applied, so it probably sounds like I've gone a bit overboard, but my application was accepted into the queue, so that's all good!

Out of interest, how long have you been waiting?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:31 pm

sounds like I've gone a bit overboard...Ahahahahahahaha

That's a good approach. I am guessing it will be processed quick. Wait and See
Nanette -- Predicator

kiwiwife wrote:Hi ChIrl,

I applied last month as the spouse of an Irish citizen.
I ended up supplying a copy of every bill we had. Some weren't in joint names, mainly because he'd bought our home before I came along, and these were fine. I ended up submitting the following:

1. Joint current account statements
2. Health insurance certificates for us (we had 4 years, so sent these all in)
3. TV license demands (going back 3 years), addressed to my husband
4. Motor tax demands for the last year, again just in my husbands name
5. Revenue tax credit certificates/P21s going back 3 years
4. Phone/Internet bills
5. Electricity/Gas bills, going back several months
6. Joint savings account statements

I supplied this with the initial application, so I don't know if they'll want them again. I basically cleaned out our filing cabinet when I applied, so it probably sounds like I've gone a bit overboard, but my application was accepted into the queue, so that's all good!

Out of interest, how long have you been waiting?

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 pm

nanette wrote: Nanette -- Predicator
Nice title Nanette. :wink:

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 pm

nanette wrote:
kiwiwife wrote:sounds like I've gone a bit overboard...Ahahahahahahaha
Nanette -- Predicator
I wish that were the case. When submitting OH's app, we sent in a veritable manual of documentation including police reports from each country he'd lived in (incl Ireland). This hasn't meant diddly squat to the application processing time :(

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Scrudu,

Sent you a PM.

scrudu wrote:
nanette wrote:
kiwiwife wrote:sounds like I've gone a bit overboard...Ahahahahahahaha
Nanette -- Predicator
I wish that were the case. When submitting OH's app, we sent in a veritable manual of documentation including police reports from each country he'd lived in (incl Ireland). This hasn't meant diddly squat to the application processing time :(

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi Nanette, Hotspurs,
I could do with some expert advice from you both...my application for naturalization (based on 5 yr stay, applied in Dec. 2008) is in the 'final stages' of processing and awaiting a decision from Minister's Office, so I've been told in the last 5 weeks that I've been calling the Department. However, when I ran on Tuesday this week, the lady told me it was actually sent to the minister just 2 weeks back, so should wait few more weeks! Strange contradictory messages. :( Any guess when I might get the oath letter? The new cabinet got formed today so I'm guessing the new Minister will take his time to settle down before approving the applications.
Also, does the fact that the application is with the Minister mean it will be approved or is there still an 'if' ? I don't have any penalty points or Garda encounters..

Thanks a lot!