ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization eligibility for none eea

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Naturalization eligibility for none eea

Post by londonfemale » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 pm

hi
My husaband is non-eea national and we will complete our 6 years in next month.He has got his permanent residence card which was issued in oct.we are thinking to apply for nationality .I have got few questions if someone can answer:-
Do we have to send all 6 six years of p60 for both of us or we can send only 5 p60's which we send for Pr card.cuz we haven't received our 6th p60 yet and i have been off from work since nov.2010.
If i won't apply for nationality as it's not worth for me .Does home office still need to see my treaty rights after the completion of 5th year.As my husband got his Pr automatically in april 2010 but was confirmed by home office in oct 2010.What I understood from the nationality guidelines if he applies for himself then he has to show that what he was doing after automatically receiving Pr not me.If not correct pls correct me.I wil be thankful if somebody can shed light on it...thanks

allta

Re: Naturalization eligibility for none eea

Post by allta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:28 pm

londonfemale wrote:hi
My husaband is non-eea national and we will complete our 6 years in next month.He has got his permanent residence card which was issued in oct.we are thinking to apply for nationality .I have got few questions if someone can answer:-
Do we have to send all 6 six years of p60 for both of us or we can send only 5 p60's which we send for Pr card.cuz we haven't received our 6th p60 yet and i have been off from work since nov.2010.
If i won't apply for nationality as it's not worth for me .Does home office still need to see my treaty rights after the completion of 5th year.As my husband got his Pr automatically in april 2010 but was confirmed by home office in oct 2010.What I understood from the nationality guidelines if he applies for himself then he has to show that what he was doing after automatically receiving Pr not me.If not correct pls correct me.I wil be thankful if somebody can shed light on it...thanks

Not totally accurate. He doesn't need to proof employment over the presiding 6years, nor does he need to do that currently. As long as he satisfy the Standard Requirements: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

and HO requires only the listed documents on this page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:34 pm

thanks
2.4 If you are an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national, please complete the following section,
showing on what basis you were in the United Kingdom for the last 6 years. This is so we can see whether you were
exercising your Treaty Rights for a continuous period and have acquired permanent residence in the United Kingdom.....

Reading above from form AN and guide booklet seems to me that i still have to show 5 p60's of mine and husband's which i sent for the confirmation of permanent residence and has to show what my husband did for a year after receiving automatic Pr and that will be only his documents.
any suggestion on above pls if i m not correct

allta

Post by allta » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 pm

londonfemale wrote:thanks
2.4 If you are an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national, please complete the following section,
showing on what basis you were in the United Kingdom for the last 6 years. This is so we can see whether you were
exercising your Treaty Rights for a continuous period and have acquired permanent residence in the United Kingdom.....

Reading above from form AN and guide booklet seems to me that i still have to show 5 p60's of mine and husband's which i sent for the confirmation of permanent residence and has to show what my husband did for a year after receiving automatic Pr and that will be only his documents.
any suggestion on above pls if i m not correct
I thought you said you are non-eea?
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest