ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa: Name Change Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

supernova

Dependent Visa: Name Change Query

Post by supernova » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 am

Hi,

I am currently in UK on a Tier 1 Visa and have recently got married in India.
I am registering my marriage in Delhi and my spouse wish to change her "family Name" to my "Family Name".

Now I do not have enough time to get her passport updated with the new (my) "Family Name" and wish to apply for her dependent visa immidiately.

I need to file her dependent visa with her former name however the marriage certificate would state the new name.

Would this cause any trouble in proving her as my dependant?

How have other forum members who have applied for dependant visa immidiately after marriage managed?

Thanks,

ChetanOjha

Re: Dependent Visa: Name Change Query

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Submit the Marriage Certificate with your application. You would be fine.
supernova wrote:Hi,

I am currently in UK on a Tier 1 Visa and have recently got married in India.
I am registering my marriage in Delhi and my spouse wish to change her "family Name" to my "Family Name".

Now I do not have enough time to get her passport updated with the new (my) "Family Name" and wish to apply for her dependent visa immidiately.

I need to file her dependent visa with her former name however the marriage certificate would state the new name.

Would this cause any trouble in proving her as my dependant?

How have other forum members who have applied for dependant visa immidiately after marriage managed?

Thanks,