ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help to get my passport back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

centennial

Please help to get my passport back

Post by centennial » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

I don't know its fortunate or unfortunate but I need some advise if someone can help please. Today I have applied for passport through post office check and send service in morning and in afternoon I have received a new job offer which I dearly/desperately want but HR is insisting to see the passport however I offered her my scanned copy of my Indian passport and naturalisation certificate but no joy.

Could someone give me an idea to get my passport back or any other thoughts please?

regards,
Centennial

JulesN19

Post by JulesN19 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 pm

The best place to start is by calling the IPS passport advice line on 0300 222 0000. Alternatively, you may fill in a passport enquiry by clicking here.

Make sure you have the application reference that is on the "Passport Application Receipt & Notice". This is not the same number as the barcode number on the application form itself. In my experience, if you apply using check and send, the tracking number that allows the passport advice line to find your application in the computer system is the "Passport Application Receipt & Notice", not the barcode number from the application form.

One question to ask is whether it is necessary to withdraw your application for your documents to be sent back to you at this time and, if so, how you may do this.

If your application is withdrawn, then you will probably need to submit a fresh application and pay the fee once again after you get your documents returned and you have shown them to your HR department. You may want to get certified copies of your passport and naturalisation certificate for your records before submitting another application.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Also it will take about 2 weeks to get your passport application if tthere arent any problems that is. maybe try to delay HR as much as possible. i think it may take just as much time to withdraw as in going through the whole process.

Onthefence
Newly Registered

Post by Onthefence » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 am

Hi
in tracking my passport application, I have used the number quoted in the Application Ref. of Passport Application Receipt & Notice, but IPS keeps saying that they can't track using this number.

I wondering whether the clerk in the post office makes a mistake. Just to be sure, is the application ref a 9 digit code - mine only 9.

thanks

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:00 pm

JulesN19 wrote: One question to ask is whether it is necessary to withdraw your application for your documents to be sent back to you at this time and, if so, how you may do this.
A request for a return of passport (and its return) does not mean that a naturalisation application needs to be withdrawn. Obviously, though, it is worth asking the question.