ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crb Check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Crb Check

Post by londonfemale » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi
We need some help here.We will be applying for nationality nxt month.My hubby is suspicious that he was stopped for driving without insurance while driving on international license.But actually he was insured and there was a mistake with his date of birth.He was a new driver at the time couldn't explain much due to scare and bad english .His car war taken away and police took his detail .Few days later he went to police station to clarify his insurance .But there he was told there is nothing about him on the system.With the help of third party insurer he brought back his car aswell and insured with correct date of birth.After that he has never heard anything from anyone about the incident.He passed his driving lincese a year after and was stopped by police for general inquiry like back light not working or so.
So he will be applying nationality nxt month and our question is ...Is that going to affect his application or not? Can we somehow check if there is any unspent conviction related to the incident? I was trying to find how to crb check can be done before the application.They do only basic check. Is it useful at all or is there any other way around.Pls do suggest something

thanks

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm

hi
can anyone answer to my query pls

Backer
Member of Standing

Post by Backer » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:32 pm

I think you are too anxious.
If there was an offence and/or points it would have been transferred to his UK driving license. You (or him) can also contact the police and enquire directly but it seems you already did that and was told there is nothing on him.
You could also apply for a SAR (Subject Access Report) in which all arrests/convictions appear but not sure traffic offences will be included

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks backer
I will go for SAR. And is there any to find out driving convictions?