ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorced then Retention of Rights, PR and then citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dz_nostalgia
Newly Registered

Divorced then Retention of Rights, PR and then citizenship

Post by dz_nostalgia » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:25 pm

hi

I had my PR in Oct 2010 through retention of rights after being married to an EEA national, we've been married for 4 years when we got divorced.

i would like to apply for BC in Sep 2011 but i have few questions:

-since i had PR without doing the full 5 years with the eea national how can i prove that in the form? is there a concept of Retention of rights in the form?

-will they need evidence of my ex's exercising treaty rights even though i have sent all of that when applying and since then i have been granted PR isnt that proof enough?

-which 5 years are they talking about in the form: 5 years P60s including the years spent in PR or 5 years from the day i got married (basically forward or backward timeline?)

i really appreciate your advice.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:07 am

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!