ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

negiyk
Newly Registered

Going for ILR

Post by negiyk » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 pm

I have got my HSMP approval in the month of November 2006 and got passport stamped in Feb 2007 and after that I got extension for 3 years Feb 2009 which is valid till 23 Feb 2012.
AS I am completing 5 years in April 25 so I am going for the ILR now.

My first question is that the category in which I am applying for indefinite leave to remain will be
1. HSMP or
2. HSMP with JR or
3. Tier 1 General.

And second I am applying as self employed so please guide me in filling the form and help me fullfill the required documents

Thanks in advance for giving me your hand

antony

Re: Going for ILR

Post by antony » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 am

negiyk wrote:I have got my HSMP approval in the month of November 2006 and got passport stamped in Feb 2007 and after that I got extension for 3 years Feb 2009 which is valid till 23 Feb 2012.

My first question is that the category in which I am applying for indefinite leave to remain will be
1. HSMP or
2. HSMP with JR or
3. Tier 1 General.

And second I am applying as self employed so please guide me in filling the form and help me fullfill the required documents

Thanks in advance for giving me your hand
If your visa issuance is of 2+3 years and are not covered with HSMP JR, then you should apply using Tier 1 General (as HSMP was re-named with Points based system to Tier 1).

Seniors please advice if this is the case on filing applications for ILR.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 am

negiyk wrote:I have got my HSMP approval in the month of November 2006 and got passport stamped in Feb 2007 and after that I got extension for 3 years Feb 2009 which is valid till 23 Feb 2012.
Sorry, can you please explain the timelines properly? Which April 25th are you referring to, well the year?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 pm

that doesnt make sense. How do you complete 5 years in April? Also was your original application an in-country one or an out of country application>? If out of country when did you enter UK on HSMP?

negiyk
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by negiyk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Here is my Time-line:

1. First Time came to UK on workpermit in 26 April 2006

2. Got HSMP approval letter dated 16th Nov 2006 and got passport stamped date in 23rd Feb 2007.

3. Went for HSMP extension in January 2009 and got the HSMP extension letter ( In this letter they have mentioned that my application has been considered in the light of the High court Judgment of 8th April 2008 regarding to changes made in the HSMP in Dec 2006) 28th Jan 2009 with the 3 years extension till 23rd Feb 2012.

As I am completing 5 years in 25th April 2011.

However it has been mentioned clearly in letter that I am under JR but when I went for the PEO appointment, I told them I am under the JR but they were not ready to give the appointment and want me go for the life in UK test. So I did that and then got the appointment. Thats the reason I raised my concern on message board to seek advice and want to clear which category I should go for now.

Please suggest now.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:35 am

HSMP JR.

And, you (and your dependant(s), if any) didn't have to take the LITUK before settlement. You may choose to keep the test certificate (not submit it at time of settlement) and use it at the time of naturalisation.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!