ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick qn on PEO service through solicitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

surajban

Quick qn on PEO service through solicitor

Post by surajban » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:27 pm

My friend planning to apply for tier 1 gen in week commencing 21 march 2011 no slots available on its own, so he thought about going through solicitor, he said he gonna charge so and so amount but he can only apply for slot in week commencing 13 march 2011 for that week, on enquiring he said thats the way it works.

Do anyone come across something like that.
Please put up your thoughts.

Kind Regards
srbn

need_info
Newly Registered

Post by need_info » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:31 pm

thats how it works with solicitors. they are allowed to submit request only a week before. however, do make sure that solicitor is registered with OISC

Ak17
Newly Registered

Post by Ak17 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:56 pm

need_info wrote:thats how it works with solicitors. they are allowed to submit request only a week before. however, do make sure that solicitor is registered with OISC
Actually, I'm pretty sure that they have to submit the request three weeks in advance. You should be aware that there are very few slots available before April 6th.

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:02 pm

need_info wrote:thats how it works with solicitors. they are allowed to submit request only a week before. however, do make sure that solicitor is registered with OISC
He spoke to solicitor this monday and he said he forwarded the request will let us know soon if he got the slot for next week.

Hope he is not misleading him.

voicu
Newly Registered

Post by voicu » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 am

Hi
Have you heard anything back from your lawyer?

I also need an appointment with HO very soon. I my employer got an approval letter and i still need to apply with HO.

How much does he charge you? Can you recommend any lawyer?

Thank you.

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:05 pm

voicu wrote:Hi
Have you heard anything back from your lawyer?

I also need an appointment with HO very soon. I my employer got an approval letter and i still need to apply with HO.

How much does he charge you? Can you recommend any lawyer?

Thank you.
He failed to get an appointment so he planned to post it.