ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy. Options!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Redundancy. Options!

Post by gainvidya » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi,

Just being proactive, what can one prepare(apart from looking for new oppor) for someone who is working for 5+ yrs in a top company in the UK and redundancy plan is on managements book. I don't expect worst but in the current climate anything is possible.

>Is the company obliged to offer redundancy package?
>If the package is not enough could that be challenged legally?

Really no clue what more to ask for!
(I am a British Citizenship)

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Redundancy. Options!

Post by cheshiregoan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:13 am

gainvidya wrote:Hi,

Just being proactive, what can one prepare(apart from looking for new oppor) for someone who is working for 5+ yrs in a top company in the UK and redundancy plan is on managements book. I don't expect worst but in the current climate anything is possible.

>Is the company obliged to offer redundancy package?
>If the package is not enough could that be challenged legally?

Really no clue what more to ask for!
(I am a British Citizenship)
They are obliged to offer a redundancy package and a variety of options. I am not sure how much else applies but I know the company I work for also allows all persons who have been made redundant to look for a new job internally during a 90 day "consultation" period.

I don't believe you can challenge any offer legally as this varies upon your salary, length of service, size of pension pot, company's financial health, etc
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.