ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Age criteria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srirags

ILR - Age criteria

Post by srirags » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:33 pm

I followed the below link and I've gone through the statement of changes in the immigration rule

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofchanges/

Page 30/67 states as below

age (at date of application for first grant)

So when I apply for ILR, is my age at the time of initial application will be cosidered or will be the age at the time of ilr application?

can anyone clarify on it pls. ?

rohitys
Mood:

Re: ILR - Age criteria

Post by rohitys » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

srirags wrote:I followed the below link and I've gone through the statement of changes in the immigration rule

So when I apply for ILR, is my age at the time of initial application will be cosidered or will be the age at the time of ilr application?

definitely sounds a bit confusing to me... i guess page 33 to be more precise

i think what i understand is if you have gone for a 2nd extension and then applied for an ILR then your age at the time of application will be considered

however if you have gone for only one extension and then applied for ILR then your age at the time of your first extension will be considered

i might be wrong if some one can shed some light on this pls

srirags

Post by srirags » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 pm

hi rohitys, i agree.

sushdmehta or any senior members, can you clarify on it pls.

thanks in advance,
s

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:00 pm

srirags wrote:I followed the below link and I've gone through the statement of changes in the immigration rule

I think its quite Clear...

At 1st Grant of the Tier 1 Visa/Permit... You know before you you were issued your Tier 1 Visa, you had to meet the Age requirement. Now when you applied for Tier 1 for the VERY 1st time ever (forget any extensions of whatever else work Visas that you had before your 1st Tier 1 Visa) were you Under 28, 28 - 29, or 30-31??

Your age at Initial application for Tier 1 will determine how many points you can claim..

This is done so its fair considering everyone would have aged since they met the Age requirement back then.

I hope this clarifies the statement for you... :)

PS: Note on Page 33 says as long as you made extensions in the Same category in your Case Tier 1, your 1st application is the age that will be used, but if at any stage you applied in a different category they will Use Your age at the Time of ILR application.

srirags

Post by srirags » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:24 pm

sushdmehta, oluwa112, thanks for the reply.

I was initially issued hsmp in 2007 and I got my extension as Tier 1 general in 2010.

So if I go for one more extension as Tier 1 general (say in 2011), will my age at the time of 2n extension (2011) or will it it be my first extension (2010) will be considered during my ILR.

Thanks,

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:29 pm

srirags wrote:sushdmehta, oluwa112, thanks for the reply.

I was initially issued hsmp in 2007 and I got my extension as Tier 1 general in 2010.

So if I go for one more extension as Tier 1 general (say in 2011), will my age at the time of 2n extension (2011) or will it it be my first extension (2010) will be considered during my ILR.

Thanks,
Forget HSMP and any Tier 1 "extensions", Just focus on the 1st time You ever applied for tier 1, when you applied for Tier 1 what age were you is all you have to worry about. But if you change your category to something else in the Future is when you will have a problem.

ajay_mital_1
BANNED

Post by ajay_mital_1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 am

oluwa112 wrote:

I think its quite Clear...

At 1st Grant of the Tier 1 Visa/Permit... You know before you you were issued your Tier 1 Visa, you had to meet the Age requirement. Now when you applied for Tier 1 for the VERY 1st time ever (forget any extensions of whatever else work Visas that you had before your 1st Tier 1 Visa) were you Under 28, 28 - 29, or 30-31??

Your age at Initial application for Tier 1 will determine how many points you can claim..

This is done so its fair considering everyone would have aged since they met the Age requirement back then.

I hope this clarifies the statement for you... :)

PS: Note on Page 33 says as long as you made extensions in the Same category in your Case Tier 1, your 1st application is the age that will be used, but if at any stage you applied in a different category they will Use Your age at the Time of ILR application.
Hi,

I am thinking about going for Tier 1 (G) extension a couple of times so that extended visa takes me 1 year beyond ILR eligibility date (just to be on the safe side). Will this have any implications when I go for ILR at the right time??

Thanks.

s_saini
India

Hi

Post by s_saini » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Just want to clear.

AS for Age proof they are asking about two documents.

1 is Biometric Residence Permit.
2 is your travel document.

I thing travel document(Passport) don't include date of application then how can I proof my age?