ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VSAndroid

Re: Application for Naturalisation

Post by VSAndroid » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 pm

That's great! - Thanks for your reply - Knowing someone had been in a similar situation and application was still accepted is great to know! I am applying mines tomorrow. Hope you get your's ASAP!
lionking007 wrote:You will be fine. I had 2 speeding offence (fixed penalty) they accepted my application on 17th. last week.

Now just waiting for HO to make a descision really. i applied through NCS Birmingham.

I cant believe they were sitting on application for 3 days and finally decided to send it on 21st. Postal rout is quicker. By the way it was NCS Birmingham just in case if anyone wants to know.

LK
VSAndroid wrote:
blue.olive wrote:
VSAndroid wrote:Hello All,

I have got my appointment at NCS this saturday. I am slightly worried they would NOT accept my application because I have a traffic offence.

Back in 2009, I failed to stop at the red light - It was yellow and as soon as I went it turned red.

Anyhow - I recieved 3points on my licence and £60 Fixed penality notice which I paid straight away. I have not been convicted or taken to court.

I have got no other offence or involvement with police.

Should I be worried?

I have been here since 2003 and have held Permanent Residency for over 1 year.

My father is portuguese and my mother is Indian. And I am applying for Naturalisation for British Passport.

I have read the Good Character requirement and I understand it would count as a minor offence and therefore will be ignored.

But I still need some confirmation from someone who has been in this situation.

Thanks!
Vipul
I think , u r okay, if NCS refuse u can send application by post, One traffic conviction in 12 month without going to court would be okay in my opinion
I hope so! - Thanks for your reply so quick...

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:31 pm

CRITERIA - 5 year work permit + 1 year ILR
Type - Postal
Date of submission - 17.03.2011
Date reached HO – 18.03.2011
Date of debit of credit card - 22.03.2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement -25.03.2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:32 am

hi tintin, grateful if you can pls let me know what does your card statement says as a reference when the fee is debited

Thanks in advance
tintin wrote:CRITERIA - 5 year work permit + 1 year ILR
Type - Postal
Date of submission - 17.03.2011
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 am

Mine says Nationality Direct

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 am

Mine says NATIONALITY DIRECTORAT LIVERPOOL

panhoong
Newly Registered

Post by panhoong » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Criteria :: Civil Partner of a British Citizen
Type :: NCS Camden
Date of grant of ILR :: 02/02/2011 at Croydon PEO
Date of submission :: 04/02/2011 through Camden NCS
Date application received by UKBA :: 07/02/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card :: 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 16/02/2011 dated 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 11/03/2011 dated 01/03/2011
Date of ceremony :: 16/03/2011
Date of application for passport :: 16/03/2011 using Check & Send
Date of interview letter :: Apparently sent on 22/03/2011 but never received. To be sent again on 29/03/2011.
Date of receipt of documents :: 25/03/2011 by Secure Delivery
Date of interview ::
Date of receipt of passport ::

I will add dates as updates happen. :-)
Last edited by panhoong on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:45 pm

JA13I wrote:If only all the other departments of the HO was as efficient as their Nationality Directorate.
And if only they were that efficient for everyone! I applied on the 1st of March, and nothing so far... I know it is still early - but I see that other people are getting their decisions faster than me, and now I'm really worried and anxious! :cry:

Not to mention that my application is really straightforward: HSMP + ILR, not a driver, only 5 days of absences in 5 years, all passports available, no dependants, no convictions, successfully passed security clearance a year ago, no problem with finances ever. I'm perfect :lol:

Anyway, sorry to waste everyone's time. And I'm happy for your approval! :)

tintin

Post by tintin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Lionking, my statement says NationalityDirectorate Liverpool.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:58 pm

wunder wrote:no dependants
the above, quite often, works against you - not that it is the case with your BC application (I have no idea how they work), just in general: having dependants makes you more stable :D

allta

Post by allta » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 pm

wunder wrote:
JA13I wrote:If only all the other departments of the HO was as efficient as their Nationality Directorate.
And if only they were that efficient for everyone! I applied on the 1st of March, and nothing so far... I know it is still early - but I see that other people are getting their decisions faster than me, and now I'm really worried and anxious! :cry:

Not to mention that my application is really straightforward: HSMP + ILR, not a driver, only 5 days of absences in 5 years, all passports available, no dependants, no convictions, successfully passed security clearance a year ago, no problem with finances ever. I'm perfect :lol:

Anyway, sorry to waste everyone's time. And I'm happy for your approval! :)
When you say nothing so far, please clarify ... as in no acknowledgement letter or card hasn't been debited yet? Was it via NCS or postal?
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

VSAndroid

EEA Family Member

Post by VSAndroid » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 am

Hi

Criteria - 8 Years - 7 Years EEA Family Visa + 1 year Permanent Residency

I sent my application for naturalisation on Saturday via NCS. The NCS officer said they might ask me to send my father's passport and to show he has been exercising treaty rights... In the form itself there is nothing that mentions I need to send father's passport...

Section 2.4 or 2.3 (can't remember which one) asks about how "YOU" have been exercising your treaty rights... I naturally wrote about what I have been doing since I came to UK

I am totally confused...

Should I send my father's details - Passport Copy - original work letter etc or should I wait for them to write to my father or me - we live on the same address by the way...

Thanks

ukpl

Re: EEA Family Member

Post by ukpl » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 am

VSAndroid wrote:Criteria - 8 Years - 7 Years EEA Family Visa + 1 year Permanent Residency

Section 2.4 or 2.3 (can't remember which one) asks about how "YOU" have been exercising your treaty rights... I naturally wrote about what I have been doing since I came to UK
It depends if YOU have been exercising treaty rights (i.e. you are EEA national), or YOU are a family member of someone who has been exercising treaty rights and you are not EEA national yourself.
You have to be EEA national to exercise treaty rights.
If you are not one - you are expected to prove the person who is a such one was exercising treaty rights for 5 years before you obtained PR status.
Also is your PR status assumed or you have relevant card issued by UKBA?
If the latter then IMHO you have already proved your status and NCS is telling you porkies. You are not a partner but a child so only to give you an example: non-EEA partners of EEA nationals are expected to produce partner's passport and P60s.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 am

ukpl wrote:the above, quite often, works against you - not that it is the case with your BC application (I have no idea how they work), just in general: having dependants makes you more stable :D
Really? In my experience people with children (especially young children) are much more unstable :P
allta wrote:When you say nothing so far, please clarify ... as in no acknowledgement letter or card hasn't been debited yet? Was it via NCS or postal?
Sorry if I was unclear - my card was debited and I did get acknowledgement letter, "nothing" referred to lack of decision letter :oops:
I did apply through NCS.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:54 am

panhoong wrote:Criteria :: Civil Partner of a British Citizen
Type :: NCS Camden
Date of grant of ILR :: 02/02/2011 at Croydon PEO
Date of submission :: 04/02/2011 through Camden NCS
Date application received by UKBA :: 07/02/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card :: 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 16/02/2011 dated 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 11/03/2011 dated 01/03/2011
Date of ceremony :: 16/03/2011
Date of application for passport :: 16/03/2011 using Check & Send
Date of interview letter ::
Date of receipt of documents :: 25/03/2011 by Secure Delivery
Date of receipt of passport ::

I will add dates as updates happen. :-)
All documents sent back to you before receiving the letter for passport interview is really nice. I have never seen anybody reporting like this here. All I saw was receiving the documents just after the interview and then follows the passport.

I received the letter for interview and arranged for the interview for 5th April. But no documents yet received back. I like to get back the documents before 6th April so that we can apply for my wife's British naturalization using my naturalisation certificate.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I am indeed a Family member of an EEA National. When I had applied for my PR - I had to send all the information about my father to prove he was exercising treaty rights... This is what's confusing me... the NCS office said I have to send the information again.... I don't see why though because I have already got my PR (it is not assumed) and therefore it was proven to HO already.

If UKBA do want documents to find out if my Father is exercising treaty rights then I will just wait for them to write to me...

PS - When you say assumed you meant I have applied for naturalisation without getting a PR right? - This is not the case - I have a residency card stamped on my passport and there are no restrictions on it... (The only restriction is that I can't travel to other European countries without getting a visa... I have held this for over a year now.
ukpl wrote:
VSAndroid wrote:Criteria - 8 Years - 7 Years EEA Family Visa + 1 year Permanent Residency

It depends if YOU have been exercising treaty rights (i.e. you are EEA national), or YOU are a family member of someone who has been exercising treaty rights and you are not EEA national yourself.
You have to be EEA national to exercise treaty rights.
If you are not one - you are expected to prove the person who is a such one was exercising treaty rights for 5 years before you obtained PR status.
Also is your PR status assumed or you have relevant card issued by UKBA?
If the latter then IMHO you have already proved your status and NCS is telling you porkies. You are not a partner but a child so only to give you an example: non-EEA partners of EEA nationals are expected to produce partner's passport and P60s.

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Sorry if I was unclear - my card was debited and I did get acknowledgement letter, "nothing" referred to lack of decision letter
I did apply through NCS.
Sorry to hear about your current condition. While many may find the service quick and efficient, some like yourself, seem to get caught in the system. I reckon that they do not do all the required checks in most of the citizenship applications. If they did, the turn over rate would not be as impressive as it is now. I think that they only select some applications to do the complete checks or audits on. Yours could be one of them.

While making the application, due the various rules that the NCS worker had to wrap her brain around about EEA citizens, she went and rang the HO in the middle of the application. The line she rang was not the ordinary ones that we get, but rather direct line with a case worker. May be you can coax your NCS checker to try and inquire if he/she has done everything correctly and if they will be kind enough to inquire how the application is progressing.
Jabi

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:41 am

VSAndroid wrote:PS - When you say assumed you meant I have applied for naturalisation without getting a PR right?
No, I meant, without getting PR sticker or EEA card (i.e. status granted automatically after exercising treaty rights for 5 years but without any sort of document proving it).

sfjeelani

Application Timeline

Post by sfjeelani » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Here how it goes:

Application Criteria: 5 yr Work Permit+ 1yr ILR
Application Posted: 18th March, 2011
HO received (as per Royal Mail): 21st March, 2011
Debit Card Charged:
Acknowledgment Arrived:
Acknowledgment Letter Date:
Decision:
Decision Date:

Its been 5-working days since arrival at HO. No response yet.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I have a PR card stamped on my passport. I assume I will not have to send anything at all then...

Thanks again for clarification.
ukpl wrote:
VSAndroid wrote:PS - When you say assumed you meant I have applied for naturalisation without getting a PR right?
No, I meant, without getting PR sticker or EEA card (i.e. status granted automatically after exercising treaty rights for 5 years but without any sort of document proving it).

VSAndroid

Journey towards British Citizenship

Post by VSAndroid » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Criteria :: Family Member of an EEA National - 8 years including 1 year PR
Type :: NCS Ealing
Date of submission :: 28/03/2011
Date application received by UKBA ::29/03/2011 (According to Royal Mail)
Date of debit of credit card :: 05/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement ::
Date of receipt of approval ::
Date of ceremony ::
Date of application for passport ::
Date of interview letter ::
Date of receipt of documents ::
Date of receipt of passport :
Last edited by VSAndroid on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bhumi

My Journey towards British Citizenship

Post by Bhumi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Finally 6yrs ......Guys this site has been very useful and resourceful for getting answers to many questions i had. I have also used for my Tier 1 (HSMP) and ILR.....Thank you Moderators... you are doing a wonderful job ...and members for sharing their information and various circumstances... anyways fortunately time has come to much awaited end of the journey. and visa hassles...mine is a joint application...with one of the applicant having FPN with £60 fine and 3 points.....Lets see how much the wait is now....All Excited and Best of Luck to all who are awaiting results....

Criteria - 3yrs Work Permit + 2 yrs Tier 1 + 1yr ILR

Date Submitted Postal : 23rd March, 2011
Date Received at HO - 24th March, 2011
Date Debit Card debited - 31st March 2011
Date Acknowledgement Letter Received - Received on 7th April dated 31/03/2011
Date of Approval Letter Posted -
Date of Approval Letter Received -

Date of Ceremony ---
Date Appli for Passport Via Check & Send ---

Will keep you posted of any updates......
Last edited by Bhumi on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

allta

Re: My Journey towards British Citizenship

Post by allta » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:05 am

Bhumi wrote:Finally 6yrs ......Guys this site has been very useful and resourceful for getting answers to many questions i had. I have also used for my Tier 1 (HSMP) and ILR.....Thank you Moderators... you are doing a wonderful job ...and members for sharing their information and various circumstances... anyways fortunately time has come to much awaited end of the journey. and visa hassles...mine is a joint application...with one of the applicant having FPN with £60 fine and 3 points.....Lets see how much the wait is now....All Excited and Best of Luck to all who are awaiting results....

Date Debit Card debited -
Date Acknowledgement Letter Received -

Date of Ceremony ---

Nice to see a same-date applicant. Check ur bank statement, mine was debited yesterday 28th. I applied via NCS last Wednesday in Southwark. So, I'm expecting the ack letter now.

Best wishes in your joint application.

Allta
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

sfjeelani

Re: Application Timeline

Post by sfjeelani » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:19 pm

sfjeelani wrote:Here how it goes:

Application Criteria: 5 yr Work Permit+ 1yr ILR
Application Posted: 18th March, 2011
HO received (as per Royal Mail): 21st March, 2011
Debit Card Charged:
Acknowledgment Arrived:
Acknowledgment Letter Date:
Decision:
Decision Date:

Its been 5-working days since arrival at HO. No response yet.
mine also debited yesterday 28th March. I didn't use NCS and sent my passports alongwith application.

Bhumi

Re: My Journey towards British Citizenship

Post by Bhumi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 pm

allta wrote:
Bhumi wrote:Finally 6yrs ......Guys this site has been very useful and resourceful for getting answers to many questions i had. I have also used for my Tier 1 (HSMP) and ILR.....Thank you Moderators... you are doing a wonderful job ...and members for sharing their information and various circumstances... anyways fortunately time has come to much awaited end of the journey. and visa hassles...mine is a joint application...with one of the applicant having FPN with £60 fine and 3 points.....Lets see how much the wait is now....All Excited and Best of Luck to all who are awaiting results....

Date Debit Card debited -
Date Acknowledgement Letter Received -

Date of Ceremony ---

Nice to see a same-date applicant. Check ur bank statement, mine was debited yesterday 28th. I applied via NCS last Wednesday in Southwark. So, I'm expecting the ack letter now.

Best wishes in your joint application.

Allta
Good to know that , still not debited.....but do post updates......cheers..

dx1129
Newly Registered

Post by dx1129 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:46 am

CRITERIA - 4 years HSMP + 1 year ILR
Type - NCS Hammersmith
Date of submission - 14.03.2011
Date of Ceremony -