ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spacetide
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship

Post by spacetide » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks again for your reply. She is a none-eea. Accordingly, she is not applying under the Treaty Rights. She got her indefinite leave to remain after she has worked continuously for 5 years as a Tier 1 holder. In this case, what is the best way for her to fill in the first part of section 3 (page 9) of the AN form, she is in particularly struggling to answer 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5. Please be kind enough to suggest replies to these questions by taking into her current situation, ie. unemployed?

ukpl wrote:
spacetide wrote:Thanks for your reply. :)
In regard to your reply to my first question, will you be able to give examples of the past and current situation which might jeopardise the application? For your information, the applicant is not applying for British Citizenship on the basis of exercising Treaty Rights as EU citizen. She is applying on the basis of his indefinite leave to remain.
Would be very grateful to receive your further replies. Many thanks in advance :)

ukpl wrote:
spacetide wrote:Hi everyone,

I have the following queries:

1. Do you think it would jeopardise the application for British Citizenship if the applicant is unemployed? NO, unless you are applying on basis of exercising Treaty Rights as EU citizen but then it depends on your past and current situation
2. In the AN form, there is a column asking for the details of the applicant's job, and employers. If the applicant is unemployed, what is the best way to answer this column? homemaker

Many thanks.
Looking forward to your replies.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
To exercise Treaty Rights one must be either in employment / self-employment or actively looking for a job or be a student or selfsufficient person or family member of someone who is exercising Treaty Rights. Just by merely living in the UK one doesn't fulfil those conditions: you either work or are rich or retired.
You can't just move into another EU contry without money and do nothing to claim Treaty Rights (you are then on 6 months tourist "visa").
But when you gain PR status (after 5 years) you are settled in the UK and Treaty becomes irrelevant: UK is now your home.
And being unemployed is not a reason to decline your application on itself.
So being unemployed prior to obtaining PR status and not actively looking for a job is damaging to your application 'cos they can say you have not got PR status (no full 5 years of exercising Treaty Rights).
Also, claiming Jobseekers Allowence is of detrimental effect.
Last edited by spacetide on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:13 am

hi
I m in a similar situation .My husband wants to apply for naturalisation next month on the basis of automatically gained Pr residence in april 2010.But we applied for eea4 too which was received in oct 2010.
But my question is do i have to prove all 6 years of treaty rights or only first 5 yrs of p60's which we sent to home office when we applied on eea4.If we send only first 5 years of p60's for both of us and what else we should send to for the 6th year.I m unemployed now but huband is working. As what i understood from An guideline we have to send only first 5 p60's for both of us and for the 6th what my hubby was doing.Can anyone anwser to this pls.

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a NCS appointment next week and I have a query, I would appreciate if anyone clarifies me.

Section 3 -> 3.5 address of tax office or tax office reference

I changed my job on 01.06.2010 and haven't received my P60 (2010-2011) yet so should i put my previous employer PAYE reference?

(Btw, my present employer is ready to give me PAYE reference & tax office address)

Thanks in advance
pct

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:03 pm

How recently did you change jobs?
John

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi John, Thanks for your prompt reply

not often i change jobs and so far i changed three times since 2004

2004 - 2007 - employer 1
2007-2010 - employer 2
2010 - till date - employer 3

Regards
pct

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:25 pm

When in 2010? Which month?
John

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi John, its June 2010

I received my 2009-2010 P60 from my previous employer plus P45 as well

Thanks in advance

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:47 pm

In that case definitely give your current employers details, that is, as regards "my present employer is ready to give me PAYE reference & tax office address", indeed get information from your current employer.

When you left the previous employer, you got a form P45 and parts of that were given to your current employer. That current employer would have filed part of what you handed in with HMRC, and hence your reference in the HMRC computer system changed.
John

pct
Newly Registered

Post by pct » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks John

allta

Post by allta » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 pm

This question has been asked several times, but there are conflicting answers/opinions and I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here.

For those who "switched" status while in the country, did you use the date on which the new visa was issued and the place for section 2.1 of Form AN?

In my own case, I came into the UK in May, 2004 with Working Holiday Maker, but switched to HSMP in March, 2006. As I didn't enter the UK in March 2006, but first arrival was in May, 2004. So, my question is, which one do I fill into section 2.1 of the Form AN? 2004 or 2006? If 2006, which port of entry shall I use?

Thanks
Allta
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:45 pm

hi
Need some advice on filling AN form thru eea 6 yr route.
We ticked on non eea family member.
On what basis non eea was here for last 6 years..
Do we have to give detail about non-eea or eea national?
Sry 1 more thing my husband has already confirmed Pr which was issued in oct 2010. So, on 1.3 should we fill the date when our 6 years started(which i think should be the case) or the date on which pr was confirmed.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

leoleo
Newly Registered

Post by leoleo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi All,

I also have a question in regards to questions [b]2.4 - 2.5 on AN form[/b].
I'm a no-EEA family member of EEA national.
Do I have to fill in my information in 2.4 clause in order to state on what basis I was in the UK for the last six years? If so, why do they have clause 2.5 asking for almost the same information?
That's so confusing....

Can anyone please share their experience? Thank you.

dz_nostalgia
Newly Registered

Post by dz_nostalgia » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 pm

leoleo wrote:Hi All,

Do I have to fill in my information in 2.4 clause in order to state on what basis I was in the UK for the last six years? If so, why do they have clause 2.5 asking for almost the same information?
That's so confusing....

i am actually wondering about the same question 2.4, i had PR but i am not an EEA family member anymore since i have divorced. do i need to tick this, looking at it logically i dont need to but i am not sure of other people's experience.

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi
Well, it seems to me nobody knows whose detail required in clause 2.4.But I think Non Eea details required for 2.4 and detail of Eea in 2.5.Again not sure if anyone can help we will be very thankful.
And does anyone knows if homeoffice advicer can help with filling form if I call on their given Contact Number.

dz_nostalgia
Newly Registered

Post by dz_nostalgia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:16 pm

londonfemale wrote:Hi
Well, it seems to me nobody knows whose detail required in clause 2.4.But I think Non Eea details required for 2.4 and detail of Eea in 2.5.Again not sure if anyone can help we will be very thankful.
And does anyone knows if homeoffice advicer can help with filling form if I call on their given Contact Number.
i am actually surprised that this forum didnt have many people wondering about 2.4 in Form AN. could it be that most EU people dont bother with BC at all?

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

John wrote:In that case definitely give your current employers details, that is, as regards "my present employer is ready to give me PAYE reference & tax office address", indeed get information from your current employer.

When you left the previous employer, you got a form P45 and parts of that were given to your current employer. That current employer would have filed part of what you handed in with HMRC, and hence your reference in the HMRC computer system changed.
I have a related question. I usually work for my own limited company as a Director and Software Consultant. During this year, I worked for an outside company for a brief period - three weeks - and left. That company has given me a P45. I gave that to my accountant, and they said, they will use it while filing my self assessment (not yet due for the period ending 5th April 2011).

I am applying for naturalisation on next week, and I have attached the last year's P60 for the period ending 5th April 2010 (my own company's), last assessment statement statement from HMRC, and last corporation tax payment statement. Should I attach also the P45 issued by the company for the short employment?

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 pm

londonfemale,
I sent you a private message the other day. Please check your inbox. Thanks.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 pm

Hey, I was in the same situation. I am a non-eea family member too. I got so confused with this question.

I think if you are not a EEA national yourself and have held PR for 1 year you don't need to fill out 2.4

I did it anyway - It said "you" - I wrote down what I had been doing since I arrived in UK - Student, work, student....

and in 2.5 - I wrote down my latest "thing" i am doing and continued on page 13...additional info

the woman at the NCS office did not say anything...she was happy with it - but do take your EEA National Passport and details on how they were exercising their treaty rights... - I did not take mine and the NCS officer said UKBA may write to me to ask for this information...

Hope this helps.

PS My application was sent today!
dz_nostalgia wrote:
leoleo wrote:Hi All,

That's so confusing....

i am actually wondering about the same question 2.4, i had PR but i am not an EEA family member anymore since i have divorced. do i need to tick this, looking at it logically i dont need to but i am not sure of other people's experience.

dz_nostalgia
Newly Registered

Post by dz_nostalgia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:44 pm

[quote="VSAndroid"]Hey, I was in the same situation. I am a non-eea family member too. I got so confused with this question.

I think if you are not a EEA national yourself and have held PR for 1 year you don't need to fill out 2.4

I did it anyway - It said "you" - I wrote down what I had been doing since I arrived in UK - Student, work, student....

and in 2.5 - I wrote down my latest "thing" i am doing and continued on page 13...additional info

the woman at the NCS office did not say anything...she was happy with it - but do take your EEA National Passport and details on how they were exercising their treaty rights... - I did not take mine and the NCS officer said UKBA may write to me to ask for this information...

Hope this helps.

PS My application was sent today!

since i have divorced from EU national spouse (the HO knows about this and issued me with a PR since) i feel i dont need to fill in this section since i am not an EU citizen neither a family member...

mego_1980

Council tax

Post by mego_1980 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:04 pm

with regards to the BC application , I have a question and I will appreciate if experienced members of this forum could guide me. The question is as follows:

during the last 5 years I used to live with one of my friends for 6 months, and she paid the council tax during this period . my name was not regestered. i don't what ihave to do with this problem. I have other bills covering this period but not the council tax.
I appreciate your help

Thanks

mego

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 am

londonfemale wrote:Hi
Hi, I did not feel any details, as i beleive it is only for those who applying without getting PR sticker. Since i had this sticker, I have applied on normal basis, so I personally do not think 2.4 and 2.5 are appricable. Anyway, lets see what UKBA think about this.

shs213

Set of forms

Post by shs213 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 am

Hi all,

I am now in the process of applying for Naturalisation as the main applicant (not applying as joint due to wife being in the country less than 5 years)

I have filled in the Form AN (September 2010 it states at the bottom of the front sheet).

Was very useful to read the sticky to answer some of the Qs i had - thanks to all the people who asked questions and answerd :)

Now my unique question :-) Applying through NCS, form AN doesnt have a section asking for credit card details for HO fees - how do I present this details?

Also, I am taking completed form AN, passport, Life in the UK cert, driv licen + counterpart, NI card, one pay slip + bank statement to the NCS office - Is this conclusive?

Thanks,

S.

nax_72

Re: Set of forms

Post by nax_72 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:34 am

Here is the link to download the payment slip:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ntslip.pdf

Check both at the end of the application form and guide to see what are all the documents you need to take along with you to NCS. It varies with criteria in which you apply for the naturalization. The sheet at the end of the application where you can check-list all the required documents will be very helpful.
shs213 wrote:Hi all,

I am now in the process of applying for Naturalisation as the main applicant (not applying as joint due to wife being in the country less than 5 years)

I have filled in the Form AN (September 2010 it states at the bottom of the front sheet).

Was very useful to read the sticky to answer some of the Qs i had - thanks to all the people who asked questions and answerd :)

Now my unique question :-) Applying through NCS, form AN doesnt have a section asking for credit card details for HO fees - how do I present this details?

Also, I am taking completed form AN, passport, Life in the UK cert, driv licen + counterpart, NI card, one pay slip + bank statement to the NCS office - Is this conclusive?

Thanks,

S.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 am

Excellent - Many thanks...

I'm taking the above said items in addition to the required as per the last sheet in the application form...

Let me know if there are any other "just in case" paper work people usually take in with them...

thanks again!!
nax_72 wrote:Here is the link to download the payment slip:

S.
[/quote]

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

If you have used any other ID apart from your passport while taking the exam, take that ID as well.
shs213 wrote:Excellent - Many thanks...

I'm taking the above said items in addition to the required as per the last sheet in the application form...

Let me know if there are any other "just in case" paper work people usually take in with them...

thanks again!!
nax_72 wrote:Here is the link to download the payment slip:

S.
[/quote]