ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fabio11

Documents for AN form

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi Guys
I am sending my AN form soon by post and have attached the following documents with my application.

Form AN
Form for fees
2 Passport size pictures

Passport Old (entered UK with it and have ILR on it)
Passport New
Life in the UK test
HO Letter issued at time of ILR

Please let me know if there is any document missing?
Thanks

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Hope you are applying alone as a single application and on your own requirements satisfied. I mean not on marriage or EEA family.

I don't think you need to send the ILR letter supplied from PEO or HO when you obtained ILR. ILR sticker in your passport is more than enough.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks
Yes you got it right.
My other worry is that I left my job few months ago to concentrate on some personal family issues.
I am not sure being out of work will affect my application?

What should I write on my application 'Unemployed'
or should I register a limited company and become its director (just for the sake of BC application)?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:43 pm

People who are / have not been employed also qualify for citizenship (e.g. - housewives or househusbands).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks
SO I am going to submit following documents with my application now

Form AN
Form for fees
2 Passport size pictures

Detailed CRB check (done last year)
Four p60 and one p45

Passport New
Life in the UK test

My life in UK test certificate was torn by my friend's son so I have used Sellotape to repair it. Hope HO accept it as it is now.

allta

Post by allta » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:11 pm

fabio11 wrote:Thanks
SO I am going to submit following documents with my application now

Form AN
Form for fees
2 Passport size pictures

Detailed CRB check (done last year)
Four p60 and one p45

Passport New
Life in the UK test

My life in UK test certificate was torn by my friend's son so I have used Sellotape to repair it. Hope HO accept it as it is now.
Form AN requires only 1 photo on the reference page.
Employment is not a requirement to naturalisation.

You dont need to include any other thing than your passports, LITUK test paper and your form AN ofcourse. I would fill unemployed in the form but you can explain on pg 13 that you recently resigned to pursue personal principals.

As you would have authorised HO to ask HMRC whether you owe taxes on the form AN, HO could do this without the need to either see or not see your P60.

Hope this helps.

Allta
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks
Is it alright if my LIUK test is reapired with Sellotape?

allta

Post by allta » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm

fabio11 wrote:Thanks

If I were you, I'll use NCS for peace of mind. At least your NCS personnel will photocopy it and return the sellotaped one for you.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks
I wanted to use NCS but realised how simple process it is to post it and save money
But more important thing is I want to make sure that my application reach next day to home office. If it is late by just one more day then I need to wait three months to apply thus I have decided to post application.

Can someone please answer one more question

There is a problem with my surname on my current passport,
Should I correct it and mention on page 1
OR
should I wait till getting British passport and then apply for correction of name?

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:53 pm

allta wrote:I would fill unemployed in the form but you can explain on pg 13 that you recently resigned to pursue personal principals.
do not say: "unemployed" as it means you are registered as such in Jobcentre and claiming benefits which you may not be entitled to
instead of say: "not employed"
"unemployed" and "not employed" are 2 completely separate things recognised by HMRC

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks UKPL
thats very helpful point. I was thinking of putting Self Employed as I have done two consultancy work after my resignation but payments have not been made yet so cant prove as self employed.

John

Post by John » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 pm

do not say: "unemployed" as it means you are registered as such in Jobcentre and claiming benefits which you may not be entitled to
Why? He has ILR, so is entitled to claim whatever benefit his circumstances dictate he is entitled to.
Did you supply the certificate to get ILR? If so you do not need to supply it again. You merely need to tick the relevant box on the form AN.
John

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks John,
your help is always appreciated.
No I did not need LIUK test for ILR and just passed it last year.

Moroever There is some error with my name in current passport.
Should I change my name as I want it to appear in Certificate and explain why its different from my passport name on page 13?
OR
Should I wait till I get british passport and then ask for name change?

Thanks again

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:30 pm

John wrote:
Did you supply the certificate to get ILR? If so you do not need to supply it again. You merely need to tick the relevant box on the form AN.
I don't think it is enough to produce the LIUK test certificate to get ILR then no need to give that for naturalization. When you apply for ILR you get back the LIUK test certificate back. When applying for naturalization they keep the certificate. I applied by post and did not get back that certificate. I think even if you go to NCS they photocopy other documents but not the LIUK. LIUK original certificate goes to HO. If it is torn and you fixed with cello tape is OK. Accidents happen. During my ILR interview at Birmingham PEO, the officer torn our marriage certificate and fixed that with cello tape with an apology.

allta

Post by allta » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:33 pm

nax_72 wrote:
John wrote:
I don't think it is enough to produce the LIUK test certificate to get ILR then no need to give that for naturalization. When you apply for ILR you get back the LIUK test certificate back. When applying for naturalization they keep the certificate. I applied by post and did not get back that certificate. I think even if you go to NCS they photocopy other documents but not the LIUK. LIUK original certificate goes to HO. If it is torn and you fixed with cello tape is OK. Accidents happen. During my ILR interview at Birmingham PEO, the officer torn our marriage certificate and fixed that with cello tape with an apology.
I applied at NCS and the personnel photocopied my LITUK test certificate and returned the original to me. She said they don't need any originals as I'm going through them.

Allta

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:54 am

John wrote:
Why? He has ILR, so is entitled to claim whatever benefit his circumstances dictate he is entitled to.
I said: "may not" - I do not know what ILR holders can and cannot do (not my route).
I also didn't read the whole thread so missed the part about ILR.
My point was that not being employed is not equivalent to being unemployed (a common misconception).
Anyone who is not working is not employed - some not employed may be unemployed (i.e. having job in the past, losing it, and so on).
That was my point which I was trying to get accross - nothing more.
(IIRC you are accountant or in some related business so you see my point.)
Anyway, it's getting off topic.

x-ray

Post by x-ray » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Remember If you used driver's licence as prove of ID for Life in The UK test you will be expected to include that driver's licence (counterpart + photo card) in your list of supporting documents.

If the name you are currently using is different from the name in your passport or travel document you will need to provide evidence of the change of name.

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 pm

ukpl, I fear you are in danger of inventing a requirement that is not actually there. That is, as regards a Naturalisation requirement, there is no requirement for the person to be working, or to be concerned if they are not working.It is simply not an issue when applying for Naturalisation, and neither is claiming benefits that there is an entitlement to claim.

An applicant for Naturalisation may never have worked in the UK, for example they could be a housewife (or house-husband). That is not a problem.
There is some error with my name in current passport.
Should I change my name as I want it to appear in Certificate and explain why its different from my passport name on page 13?
OR
Should I wait till I get british passport and then ask for name change?
I think you should complete a Change of Name Deed before you apply for Naturalisation, then apply for Naturalisation in your "new name". That way the Certificate of Naturalisation will be in that "new name", and then so will your British passport.
John

allta

Post by allta » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:34 pm

x-ray wrote:Remember If you used driver's licence as prove of ID for Life in The UK test you will be expected to include that driver's licence (counterpart + photo card) in your list of supporting documents.

If the name you are currently using is different from the name in your passport or travel document you will need to provide evidence of the change of name.
Not in all cases, in my situation, the NCS Personnel declined to collect/photocopy my drivers lic which I used for my LITUK test.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:11 am

John wrote:ukpl, I fear you are in danger of inventing a requirement that is not actually there. That is, as regards a Naturalisation requirement, there is no requirement for the person to be working, or to be concerned if they are not working.It is simply not an issue when applying for Naturalisation, and neither is claiming benefits that there is an entitlement to claim.

An applicant for Naturalisation may never have worked in the UK, for example they could be a housewife (or house-husband). That is not a problem.
John, I think you are in danger of overanalysing my words. :)
In your scenario: housewife is not unemployed. Period.

But I am dropping it now - if someone who is not working wants to tag himself as "unemployed" then, by any means, feel free (I have nothing against it - it is not my business to mess with peoples wants and wishes).
It was only my advice which anyone is fully entitled to ignore.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 am

allta wrote:
x-ray wrote:Remember If you used driver's licence as prove of ID for Life in The UK test you will be expected to include that driver's licence (counterpart + photo card) in your list of supporting documents.

Not in all cases, in my situation, the NCS Personnel declined to collect/photocopy my drivers lic which I used for my LITUK test.
What you are saying is correct x-ray as per the application guide and HO website. When we apply for naturalisation through post we read everything very carefully and attach the correct documents and HO as scrutinize those applications for every content and attachments. But at NCS most officials checking the application do not know correctly everything about what are the documents that need to be attached. So they leave the once which are really required as per guide and ask for unnecessary other documents. When HO receives applications through NCS, they do not care much on what are all the documents attached as they were checked by the NCS. Also HO wants to maintain the 98% success rate of the NCS application. In total my point is people who are too worried about what are all the documents that needs to be attached with their application and want their originals always with them must go through NCS. They of course join the 98% success rate application which good also. Only negative thing, whether it is a coincidence or not in the recent past, postal applications are processed much quicker than the NCS though.