ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired passport for Visa endorsement! Pls help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adamnator83

Expired passport for Visa endorsement! Pls help!

Post by adamnator83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:55 pm

HI,

My passport has expired recently and i was not able to exchange it at my embassy. UKBA asking my paspport now to stamp visa! what should i do now? do i need to send them expired passport? or do i need to write explanation letter?
Please help.
Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Expired passport for Visa endorsement! Pls help!

Post by mk357 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm

adamnator83 wrote:HI,

My passport has expired recently and i was not able to exchange it at my embassy. UKBA asking my paspport now to stamp visa! what should i do now? do i need to send them expired passport? or do i need to write explanation letter?
Please help.
Thanks
I don't think they would stamp an expired passport. You might want to write them a letter and in the meantime renew your passport.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Agree with above poster. Get your passport renewed ASAP. And write the British embassy asking them to wait as you renew your passport.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Iam applying in United Kingdom !!!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:24 am

adamnator83 wrote:Iam applying in United Kingdom !!!
Doesn't matter. Follow suggestions offered, or you may run the risk of being refused a visa for non-submission of a valid passport. AIUI, only ILR can be endorsed on an expired passport, not limited leave to remain. And not sure if limited leave to remain is issued as a Immigration Status Document (ISD, i.e. - visa stamped on A4 paper).

Surprising that you had months to sort this out, thanks to your appeal, but you did not.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks for reply, but I was issued with ISD 3 times in the past since i been in UK . Also my friend was in UKBA today for his extension and asked from caseworker about my problem and she has confirmed that in case of approval of application for leave to remain including limited remain one, vignette will be endorsed on ISD a4 if passport is not valid or expired.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
adamnator83 wrote:Iam applying in United Kingdom !!!
Doesn't matter. Follow suggestions offered, or you may run the risk of being refused a visa for non-submission of a valid passport. AIUI, only ILR can be endorsed on an expired passport, not limited leave to remain. And not sure if limited leave to remain is issued as a Immigration Status Document (ISD, i.e. - visa stamped on A4 paper).

Surprising that you had months to sort this out, thanks to your appeal, but you did not.
Its not easy to exchange in London this kind of passport. and its gonna take good two month aswell. I was told by UKBA not to change it until caseworker ask so to do.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:00 pm

hi everyone, just to let you know that ukba has issiued limited leave to remain on ISD when passport was expired.
Thanks for help

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:54 pm

adamnator83 wrote:hi everyone, just to let you know that ukba has issiued limited leave to remain on ISD when passport was expired.
Thanks for help
This is interesting, is there any link on UKBA or VFS??

Also, why you need ISD?? These days most of the visa's are issued on BRP's.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:59 pm

ISD stands for Immigration status document A4. If you are appllying within UK for leave to remain with expired passport then UKBA will edorse vigennette on ISD. I was granted visa after appeal with old rules which was in place before december 2010