ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In UK on visitor visa, can i apply for schengen visa from UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sapvish

In UK on visitor visa, can i apply for schengen visa from UK

Post by sapvish » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:23 am

Hello,

I am from India. I will be in UK from April 2011 on family visit visa (visa validity for 6 months. While in UK, i want to visit France and Italy in Europe. I understand i would need schengen visa to visit these countries. My question is if I could apply for schengen visa from UK, may be in London? I have come across the rule which tells the UK visa should be valid for 3 months post Europe visit. I plan to visit Europe in May so logically my UK family visit visa validity will be more than 3 months post my return from Europe. I am planning for a vacation of 1 to 2 weeks. Please help me with this query. I need this information urgently. Thanks in advance for the help. Any information in this regard is greatly appreciated!

Rgds
Sap

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 am

The French require residence in the UK, the Italians maybe too. Apply while in India.

cskmail

Re: In UK on visitor visa, can i apply for schengen visa fro

Post by cskmail » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:22 pm

sapvish wrote:Hello,

I am from India. I will be in UK from April 2011 on family visit visa (visa validity for 6 months. While in UK, i want to visit France and Italy in Europe. I understand i would need schengen visa to visit these countries. My question is if I could apply for schengen visa from UK, may be in London? I have come across the rule which tells the UK visa should be valid for 3 months post Europe visit. I plan to visit Europe in May so logically my UK family visit visa validity will be more than 3 months post my return from Europe. I am planning for a vacation of 1 to 2 weeks. Please help me with this query. I need this information urgently. Thanks in advance for the help. Any information in this regard is greatly appreciated!

Rgds
Sap
Hello Experts,

Please can you share the official website's URL for getting more information on schengen visa. My Wife is visiting me to London from Delhi and we are planning to visit Paris and Rome.

Any and all your advise is most welcome.

Thanks in advance...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 am

Visit the embassy's web page from the country where you intend to apply.

cskmail

Post by cskmail » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 pm

86ti wrote:Visit the embassy's web page from the country where you intend to apply.
Thank you for your guidance. :)