ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:21 am

i wouldnt read much into it if they say looking into it, they just have to say somthingwhene they dont have information,
and about your passport omitted, i can assure you that they will requeste it as soon as they need it.
andbe patiente for your COA,the timeline is very random for issuing those documents
but we got to admit they made a lot of progress.
good luck

jbeit
Newly Registered

Post by jbeit » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 am

mimine30 wrote:i wouldnt read much into it if they say looking into it, they just have to say somthingwhene they dont have information,
and about your passport omitted, i can assure you that they will requeste it as soon as they need it.
andbe patiente for your COA,the timeline is very random for issuing those documents
but we got to admit they made a lot of progress.
good luck
thanks minnie30 for replying to my post,people dnt really reply to newbies.my biggest worries is that its over three months since i sent this application back to the ho thou my lawyer said he has written to them cos its an undecided application it wasnt refused.they made a mistake by returning back.i guess i just ve to wait.thnks again.

seanp

Post by seanp » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Any update about anyone who received their RC recently....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:01 pm

seanp wrote:Any update about anyone who received their RC recently....
Sorry, but what's the point of raising this point over and over again. After all, this whole thread was created for that very purpose and those who want to share actually do that.

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:56 pm

i also would like to add,that the time frame of receiving rc or other documents wouldnt help.
better keep this thread for pepole applying having questions about the procedures specials cases etc
thank you

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm

mimine30 wrote:i also would like to add,that the time frame of receiving rc or other documents wouldnt help.
better keep this thread for pepole applying having questions about the procedures specials cases etc
thank you
From the begining, this thread has been for desparet and anxious guys, success can as well be posted anywhere!

Thats my personal view.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:12 pm

has anyone phoned lately to HO ? they used to ask for your case id no. before and used to tell about the application progress. Now they dont even ask your info and just say they cant track any application thats less than 6 months old.

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

any updates?

Post by kaycee23ful » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:40 pm

any rc issued lately?

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:41 am

Just received my RC today.
Applied on 22-Dec for EEA1 and EEA2
COA received on 31-jan
Wifes EEA1 received in the second week of march and received my EEA2 today, i am so relieved .. all the best to everybody else

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Post by hmpmarketing » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Another one here!! :-)

Hi All,

It is with great Joy that I write today to say that my residence card just arrived in the post! I will try to explain exactly all the steps that I took along this journey, and also to tell you about my story in the UK, I hope it helps all those going through the same experiences and ordeals!

First, I want to thank a member here that I did consult for help: Directive/2004/38/EC- thank you so much for your help!!!

I have been in the UK since end of 2005, met my wife in 2006 and we married in 2007. We were both born in Brazil, and both came to the UK in 2005. After a few months here, our visas expired (tourist visa), but since my wife comes from an Italian descent, Italian law allows you to become a citizen if you can prove your family tree and thanks to God, in the end of 2009 (after 4 years of paper chasing) my wife obtained her Italian citizenship. But still my situation was not regularised and we went to Brazil to be with her family (she hasn't seen them in almost 5 years).

When the time came to come back to the UK (April 2010), I didn't know if I would apply for a Family Permit or just try to come without one, and thats what I did. However, when we went to check in (British Airways) at Rio's International Airport, the lady at the check in didn't want to let me board, as I had just my passport with no visa stamp at all!!! With a lot of explaining (they put me on the phone with BA's supervisor and I had to promise them if I were to be deported at Heathrow, I would have to pay for the returning ticket as I had a one way ticket at hand), they did let me board.

Arriving at Heathrow (went to the EU Line with my wife) I simply told them that I was going to be in the UK for a short while. The IO didn't ask me any other questions and in seconds my Passport was stamped with a tourist visa.

So a few months passed by, as I had to gather all the documents needed for the application. Around August of last year, I was just about ready to apply via the EEA2 route, but a friend of mine (British) had to go to Brazil and he needed someone to go around with him to help with translation, and I did. I went to Brazil again in September (my tourist visa was going to expire in October) and we had a great time.

Same problems with BA check in coming back (November 2010)…. Explained to them again that my wife was an EU citizen…bla bla bla…they let me board (No Visa and no Return Ticket!!) What helped me was a copy of the EU Directive; although it was all in english, I explained to them about my rights to live in the UK. The lady was actually very helpful and she told me that the airline could be fined if they let me board without a return ticket, but anyways, I was good to go.

Now back again to Heathrow, went to the EU line with my wife and explained my whole situation, that I had not applied to my EEA2 because I didn't have enough time and that I had to go to Brazil and help my friend as a translator. However this time, I told them that I LIVED in the UK. IO just asked for our marriage certificate (translated ) and my wife's italian passport. After 10 minutes of waiting, I was given a 6 month Leave to Remain stamp. NOTE: No Family Permit, just my wife's Italian Passport and Marriage Certificate was asked!!

Relief!!! I then finished the application and paperwork needed. My wife is Self Employed. So the following documents were submitted:

4 Month Bank Statements;
Marriage Certificate (Italian and English translation);
National Insurance Contribution Receipt;
Self Assessment Forms (filled out by my wife's accountant) and accountant's letter;
EEA2 Application;
2 Pictures;
My Passport (new one I got at my consulate and old one that was to expire in December 2010) and Wife's Passport

Application took exactly 3 months and 3 days, here are the dates:

Applied on the 14th of December
COA received on the 14th of January;
Arrived today in the mail ( Saturday, 26th of March) - Residence Card dated 17th of March

PS: My wife's Driver's licence also arrived together in the mail, Such a Great Day!!!!

Anyone have any questions, I am happy to answer!

Once again, thanks!!!!

dhruv45in

Post by dhruv45in » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 pm

i guess you've been really lucky to be admitted by the airline staff twice ! i do know that once you are here, tehy cant refuse an entry to you but well done on convincing the airline staff !!

please
Newly Registered

I nEED HELP about my situation please

Post by please » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 pm

hi i just found out that WRS will be close in 30 of april 2011 , my wife is polish registered with WRS and will complete 12 months in MAY 2011 and also my FMRS will expire exactly in 31 May 2011 ,

first question
1. My wife will complete 12 months of work in May, as i found out WRS will be close in april, is it necessary for her to apply for EEA1(a.k.a Registration certificate) for me to be able to apply for EE2(a.k.a Residence card) in May? or i can go straight apply for RC without her applying for EE1(a.k.a Registration certificate)?

thank you i just new here ...

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: I nEED HELP about my situation please

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:04 am

please wrote:1. My wife will complete 12 months of work in May, as i found out WRS will be close in april, is it necessary for her to apply for EEA1(a.k.a Registration certificate) for me to be able to apply for EE2(a.k.a Residence card) in May?
No.

dolphine
Newly Registered

eea2 applied in january

Post by dolphine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:14 pm

hi there,
is there anyone who applied for EEA2 in the beginning of January 2011 and already received it. thanks a lot.

please
Newly Registered

Post by please » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:49 pm

please wrote:
1. My wife will complete 12 months of work in May, as i found out WRS will be close in april, is it necessary for her to apply for EEA1(a.k.a Registration certificate) for me to be able to apply for EE2(a.k.a Residence card) in May?

86ti
Guru

No.

86ti thank you but what do you mean by NO.. she dont need to apply for Registration certificate and i can go straight apply for RC ? thank you

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 am

please wrote:she dont need to apply for Registration certificate and i can go straight apply for RC ? thank you
It means that she does not need a registration certificate but that should be very obvious from the link, is it not?

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

Re: eea2 applied in january

Post by kaycee23ful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 am

i sent my application last jan 4...no news yet.
dolphine wrote:hi there,
is there anyone who applied for EEA2 in the beginning of January 2011 and already received it. thanks a lot.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:10 am

An application sent on 11.1.11 and no news yet, will take till mid April prob at least till then if it takes 3.5 months on average to process from what we see here.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Have'nt you not read about the six month rule????????

dolphine
Newly Registered

Post by dolphine » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 pm

DFDS. wrote:

Yes, I heared about the 6 month rule, but I think I still can be curious, can't I????????

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:35 pm

+1 especially that ukba deal with apps much sooner now and otherwise we wouldnt need this thread if everyone got theirs only after 6months...

dolphine wrote:
DFDS. wrote:

Yes, I heared about the 6 month rule, but I think I still can be curious, can't I????????

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 am

There is no sense in being nervous depending on imformation given over the board. Remember each application is determined on its individual merit. Besides, there are many applicants out there who do not post there applications results on this board.

What am trying to say is that, the way the OP is demanding for results over the board, doesn't make sense!

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the WAY the info was queried. I personally also found it helpful that others posted the details of their times, as it was spot on with applications posted within around the same time. Yes, many ppl don't post here and the applications are processed on individual merit, but those with similar applications might expect to hear roughly at the same time.

Let's just drop it, please.

DFDS. wrote:There is no sense in being nervous depending on imformation given over the board. Remember each application is determined on its individual merit. Besides, there are many applicants out there who do not post there applications results on this board.

What am trying to say is that, the way the OP is demanding for results over the board, doesn't make sense!

renee88
Newly Registered

EEA2

Post by renee88 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 am

JUst wanted to share our experience and give some hope for those waiting for long..I am a Hungarian citizen married to a Pakistani national, my husband sent his EEA2 application on 04 January 2011 and passport with visa arrived on 31 March 2011 , visa dated 15 March. Processing time: LESS THAN 3 MONTHS....Good luck everybody!!!!

dolphine
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by dolphine » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:01 pm

renee88 wrote:JUst wanted to share our experience and give some hope for those waiting for long..I am a Hungarian citizen married to a Pakistani national, my husband sent his EEA2 application on 04 January 2011 and passport with visa arrived on 31 March 2011 , visa dated 15 March. Processing time: LESS THAN 3 MONTHS....Good luck everybody!!!!
oh, that is very good news, thanks for sharing it :)