ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jeepney73
Newly Registered

Post by jeepney73 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 pm

NCS
Ipswich, Suffolk
Date of submission or posting 09/03/11 (received by HO 10/03/11)
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card 18/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/03/11
Date of receipt of approval - pending
Date of Ceremony - pending
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

jeepney73
Newly Registered

Post by jeepney73 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Just a quick question for those who have already received their British citizenship. Do you know whether HO called your referees for checking?

I am asking this question because I want to know whether it's an indicator whether they have already dealt with my application or not. I have asked my two referees and they said no one has made contact with them. So I am not sure whether its normal not to contact referees or not.

Many thanks.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm

jeepney73 wrote:Just a quick question for those who have already received their British citizenship. Do you know whether HO called your referees for checking?

I am asking this question because I want to know whether it's an indicator whether they have already dealt with my application or not. I have asked my two referees and they said no one has made contact with them. So I am not sure whether its normal not to contact referees or not.

Many thanks.
Unless necessary the referees are not usually contacted. In my case the referees were never contacted.

allta

Post by allta » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:23 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:same here, i applied on 14th March and ready to wait. But i hope not to wait for long as I am the only non British in my family ( wife , kids are British ) and they are planing to go to Disney land Paris this summer and on my current nationality i have to wait up to 6 weeks for Visa to France. Ridiculous

Well hope for the best
I feel you matey, the end of the journey is nearer than ever. Soon, you'll become advisor to those who only just began their journey.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm

I know cant wait, also none of my referees been contacted by HO

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:I know cant wait, also none of my referees been contacted by HO

At present, Postal is the best way to file the application

For NCS application , HO do not have any pressure, applicant got his passport, he can travel when he wants and none of the documents are with the application in most of the case.
so they can easily retain the application up to 6 months.

If you review the success rate of applications
most of the approval are received for postal application rest of them are waiting.

t4tahir
Newly Registered

Post by t4tahir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:07 pm

NCS : Slough, Berkshire
Date of submission or posting 17/03/11 (received by HO 18/03/11)
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay HSMP Judicial Review (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card 21/03/11
Method used
Date of Receipt

tintin

Post by tintin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 am

Hmmm, I suppose people who applied during the 2nd/3rd week of March should start getting some responses from this week onwards. Going by the previous posts, it takes anything between 18 days to 6 weeks for generally straight forward applications.

I hope we get the approval in the next 2-3 weeks, otherwise things will get further delayed because of the upcoming bank holidays.

There is still a long way to go - approval, ceremony, passport, surrendering passport(in case you are from India), applying for OCI/PIO. Will be really relieved once its all done.

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 am

tintin wrote:Hmmm, I suppose people who applied during the 2nd/3rd week of March should start getting some responses from this week onwards. Going by the previous posts, it takes anything between 18 days to 6 weeks for generally straight forward applications.

I hope we get the approval in the next 2-3 weeks, otherwise things will get further delayed because of the upcoming bank holidays.

There is still a long way to go - approval, ceremony, passport, surrendering passport(in case you are from India), applying for OCI/PIO. Will be really relieved once its all done.
I have cross all the boxes mentioned in your email :D ,
my application was straight fwd,
its 7th week in a row and 6th week after acknowledgement letter
and on every call i got same response,
your application is not 6 month old we can not tell you anything
I think sending application by NCS was a mistake :idea:

jeepney73
Newly Registered

Post by jeepney73 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 am

jeepney73 wrote:NCS
Ipswich, Suffolk
Date of submission or posting 09/03/11 (received by HO 10/03/11)
Date of debit of debit/credit card 18/03/11
Method used
Date of Receipt
Just an update.

Called UKBA this morning and got a very nice lady on the phone.

She told me that my application is in a queue and still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker.

At least I can rest my mind knowing that I won't get anything this week or next week. It has been an agonizing 3 weeks of waiting. Looks like it will be around 6 weeks until I get a decision.

tintin

Post by tintin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 am

Gul I think the reason for the delay with your application could be that it has been randomly selected for detailed checks. I dont think applying through NCS should make any difference, I think they are considered on a first come first served basis.

Hopefully you will hear from them shortly

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:28 am

I applied on the 28th March (last Tuesday) via NCS- UKBA/HO debited my account today so I should receive acknowledgement letter sometimes this week. First time am happy that money went out of my account.

Let's hope the bank holidays don't cause too much delay... I want to go on a summer holiday with friends around Europe! :D

tintin wrote:Hmmm, I suppose people who applied during the 2nd/3rd week of March should start getting some responses from this week onwards. Going by the previous posts, it takes anything between 18 days to 6 weeks for generally straight forward applications.

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:45 am

VSAndroid wrote:I applied on the 28th March (last Tuesday) via NCS- UKBA/HO debited my account today so I should receive acknowledgement letter sometimes this week. First time am happy that money went out of my account.

Let's hope the bank holidays don't cause too much delay... I want to go on a summer holiday with friends around Europe! :D

Taking money out of our bank is no indication of how quick the Home office process is going to be. I think the fee collecting department is the only Home office department which always exceeds the standards.
If they had their way they will charge you the day you even think of applying for anything, and than sit on your application for months!

UKBA is a nice little money spinning machine for the Govt now, gone are the days when people just queued up and got their visas for free.

After paying almost £800, the least we deserve is being able to track your application online.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 am

Ahmed agree with you, UK BA should have online tracking service , at least we can have some peace of mind seeing our applications climbing up. even we pay around 800 for the fees still have to wait for long.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 pm

I totally agree with you Ahmed. But am happy because now I know that my application has been looked at at least once and it's not just sitting in one place...I am hoping it's in the queue to be allocated to a caseworker now...

Ahmed80 wrote:
VSAndroid wrote:I applied on the 28th March (last Tuesday) via NCS- UKBA/HO debited my account today so I should receive acknowledgement letter sometimes this week. First time am happy that money went out of my account.

Taking money out of our bank is no indication of how quick the Home office process is going to be. I think the fee collecting department is the only Home office department which always exceeds the standards.
If they had their way they will charge you the day you even think of applying for anything, and than sit on your application for months!

UKBA is a nice little money spinning machine for the Govt now, gone are the days when people just queued up and got their visas for free.

After paying almost £800, the least we deserve is being able to track your application online.

goody09

Post by goody09 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Date of submission or posting 03/03/11 (received by HO 07/03/11)
Date of debit of debit/credit card 09/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 11/03/11
Method used
Date of Receipt

panhoong
Newly Registered

Post by panhoong » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Criteria :: Civil Partner of a British Citizen
Type :: NCS Camden
Date of grant of ILR :: 02/02/2011 at Croydon PEO
Date of submission :: 04/02/2011 through Camden NCS
Date application received by UKBA :: 07/02/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card :: 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 16/02/2011 dated 13/02/2011
Date of receipt of approval :: 11/03/2011 dated 01/03/2011
Date of ceremony :: 16/03/2011
Date of application for passport :: 16/03/2011 using Check & Send

Date of interview letter :: 05/04/2011 - Apparently the letter was sent on 22/03/2011 but I never received it. I've been told it was sent again on 29/03/2011, but that never arrived as well. They told me there was a glitch in the system where it couldn't transfer my details to the interview booking system. They had to reset my application, and was told on 05/04/2011 that letter was sent for the third time on 01/04/2011. I've been given a booking reference number over the phone. I complained and Head of Customer Service said they would try to assist in getting an earlier booking rather than having to wait another 2+ weeks for Elephant & Castle but that was not the case and I was later told that I would need to book over the phone and wait the 2+ weeks.

Date of receipt of documents :: 25/03/2011 by Secure Delivery
Date of interview :: 16/04/2011 at Reading Interview Office
Date of receipt of passport ::

I will add dates as updates happen. :-)
Last edited by panhoong on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Ahmed agree with you, UK BA should have online tracking service , at least we can have some peace of mind seeing our applications climbing up. even we pay around 800 for the fees still have to wait for long.
The Home Office receives almost 700 Naturalisation applications a day, even if they have 250 people working on Naturalisation applications flat out, this equates to almost 3 applications per person per day.

With all the checks and box ticking they have to do, it might be in their favour to get an automated tracking system to save them answering all these calls from us.

The US naturalisation system has a similar online tool to check the progress.

I would have been a bit more sympathetic to the Home Office predicament that they are getting this many application in per day, if they were not making almost £150 million just from the Naturalisation fees from us.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm

750 applications a day? OMG what is the source of this information. this is a lot

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:750 applications a day? OMG what is the source of this information. this is a lot

According to Migration watch in 2010 almost 190,000 naturalised. 700 is just an average.

Naturalisation is a bottleneck where every type of settlement ends up, from Tier 1, Work Permit to family.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:33 am

My fingers are itching to call UKBA regarding my application but I will try not to call for at least 1 week. hahah i am sure so many people are going through this. Also has any one applied in 2nd or 3rd week of March heard from UK BA?

london2009uk

Post by london2009uk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 am

Reading from previous posts i guess you should be getting end of this week or early next week if thats make you feel any comfort. Thats my assumption and also i can understand your anxiety becoz i went through the same phase and this forum helped me to get through.

Good luck hope you get your approval sooner!!!

Anivip
Newly Registered

Post by Anivip » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:46 am

Hello All,

I have been following this post ever since we started preparing our application for naturalisation and all the information has been really very helpful.

I have updated our submission details below and will update it as and when we recieve them

Criteria :: 5 years work permit + 1 Year ILR
Type :: NCS Brent
Date of grant of ILR :: 01/04/2010 at Croydon
Date of submission :: 01/04/2011 through NCS Brent
Date application received by UKBA :: 04/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card ::
Date of receipt of acknowledgement ::
Date of receipt of approval ::
Date of ceremony ::
Date of application for passport ::
Date of interview letter ::
Date of receipt of documents ::
Date of interview ::
Date of receipt of passport ::

Thank you and good luck to all :D

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

where did you get these numbers from? 700 a day? that's nearly 1/4 of a million applications a year!
Ahmed80 wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Ahmed agree with you, UK BA should have online tracking service , at least we can have some peace of mind seeing our applications climbing up. even we pay around 800 for the fees still have to wait for long.
The Home Office receives almost 700 Naturalisation applications a day, even if they have 250 people working on Naturalisation applications flat out, this equates to almost 3 applications per person per day.

With all the checks and box ticking they have to do, it might be in their favour to get an automated tracking system to save them answering all these calls from us.

The US naturalisation system has a similar online tool to check the progress.

I would have been a bit more sympathetic to the Home Office predicament that they are getting this many application in per day, if they were not making almost £150 million just from the Naturalisation fees from us.

fatcat
Newly Registered

Post by fatcat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Here are Time lines of my Mrs application.

CRITERIA Spouse of British National ( i got mine in Feb)
Type . Postal, NCS leeds gave 3 weeks time so decided to go postal
Date of submission 19/03/2011
Date reached HO : 21/03/2011
Date of debit card deduction : 28/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement-
Approval letter arrived -
Approval Date on letter -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -

will keep on updating the progress