ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

rc received

Post by toni34 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 pm

eea2 application sent on the 18,01,211
coa received on the 20th of febuary
rc received on the 2/04/2011
applied as an unmarried partner of an eu national
NON EU national with RC

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Well done and congrats everyone!!! Keep posting updates, they help others a lot!!!

Will let u know when the next rc arrives as soon as!

kabuki
United States of America

UPDATE: I just received my RC!

Post by kabuki » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:36 pm

EEA2 application sent on 10th of January.

Additional documents (including my partner's passport and a letter and paid for special delivery envelope to have her passport returned asap) sent on 12th January.

COA received on 5th of Feb 2011.

Received EU nationals passport back as requested on 15th Feb 2011. This was never requested back.

Residence Card received on 2nd April 2011.

Not too long of a wait, just under 3 months! Much better than I was expecting. Like someone has said above, it seems the UKBA has really picked up the pace.

Hope everyone still waiting gets their RC soon!

soufyan
Newly Registered

Re: UPDATE: I just received my RC!

Post by soufyan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 am

kabuki wrote:EEA2 application sent on 10th of January.

Additional documents (including my partner's passport and a letter and paid for special delivery envelope to have her passport returned asap) sent on 12th January.

COA received on 5th of Feb 2011.

Received EU nationals passport back as requested on 15th Feb 2011. This was never requested back.

Residence Card received on 2nd April 2011.

Not too long of a wait, just under 3 months! Much better than I was expecting. Like someone has said above, it seems the UKBA has really picked up the pace.

Hope everyone still waiting gets their RC soon!
plllzz some infos . what COA means ?? and can i request for my EU partner's pasport back?? thanx alot

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: UPDATE: I just received my RC!

Post by 86ti » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 am

soufyan wrote:plllzz some infos . what COA means ?? and can i request for my EU partner's pasport back?? thanx alot
May I suggest to spend some time and read through this thread and this forum? Also, read through this UKBA pages.

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

COA certficate of application (whene applying forresidence underec law)
yes you can ask for your passport back butnot advisable

cheer up

soufyan
Newly Registered

Post by soufyan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 am

mimine30 wrote:COA certficate of application (whene applying forresidence underec law)

cheer up
thanx 4ur help Minimie30.im not talking about my pasport but about my partner's pasport who is european,if posible within a month 4 example after my application has been sent.DO u think i'll have any problems??? thanx bruv

kaycee23ful
Newly Registered

RC Received

Post by kaycee23ful » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 pm

I just recieved my documents back this morning with my residence card. Here's my timeline.

Application sent Jan 4, 2011
COA received Jan 24, 2011
RC issued March 15, 2011 received today 6 April 2011

processing of documents took 2 months and 2 weeks based on the date of issue. although it took another 2 weeks before returning back all of my documents.

Good luck to all those still waiting. Kudos to UKBA for picking up the pace in processing eea applications!

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

soufyan wrote:
mimine30 wrote:COA certficate of application (whene applying forresidence underec law)

cheer up
thanx 4ur help Minimie30.im not talking about my pasport but about my partner's pasport who is european,if posible within a month 4 example after my application has been sent.DO u think i'll have any problems??? thanx bruv
you can ask for a return of your eea partener passeport,it would not pose a probleme at all.
idealy ask for it after receiving your COA

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm

soufyan wrote:

cheer up
You should have no problem requesting the passport back of the EEA national. My partner travels a lot for business and has a trip to Syria planned, so as soon as I received my COA I rang them and asked to have the EU passport returned asap due to travel. I received it within 3 business days. They never requested it back, and two months later I received my passport back with the 5 year RC.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

soufyan
Newly Registered

Post by soufyan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 am

kabuki wrote:
soufyan wrote:

cheer up
You should have no problem requesting the passport back of the EEA national. My partner travels a lot for business and has a trip to Syria planned, so as soon as I received my COA I rang them and asked to have the EU passport returned asap due to travel. I received it within 3 business days. They never requested it back, and two months later I received my passport back with the 5 year RC.

ow ok great news.thanx alot brothers :))))

dolphine
Newly Registered

EEA2 arrived

Post by dolphine » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi there,
thanks for everyone who posted the timeline of the EEA2 application, it was really helpful.
We have received my husband's one yesterday.
Applications sent on 07/01/2011
COA received 28/01/2011
Passport received with RC 08/04/2011 (Date of issue: 28/03/2011)
Good luck!

seanp

Post by seanp » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:35 pm

has anyone ring HO recently concerning eea application? What is thier respond when asking updates about the eea application?

soufyan
Newly Registered

Post by soufyan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:36 pm

kabuki wrote:
soufyan wrote:

cheer up

CAN I START WORKING WHEN I GET MY COA ??? THANX ALOT

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:27 pm

soufyan wrote: CAN I START WORKING WHEN I GET MY COA ??? THANX ALOT
Yes, you're COA should state that you have the right to work, and this should be enough for companies to hire you. However, I never tried as I'm currently studying. However, you won't be able to apply for an NI number. I tried and they said you have to have a passport, so you'll be charged at a higher rate of tax, although it will be refunded eventually.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:39 pm

kabuki wrote:
Yes, you're COA should state that you have the right to work
But only if the OP is married.

soufyan
Newly Registered

Post by soufyan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 pm

86ti wrote:
kabuki wrote:
many thanx..was very helpful

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 pm

86ti wrote:
kabuki wrote:

That is the only way that it's guaranteed, but it can be granted even if they aren't married. I was given permission to work on my COA as the unmarried partner of an EEA national.

mimine30

Post by mimine30 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 am

kabuki wrote:
Yes, you're COA should state that you have the right to work, and this should be enough for companies to hire you. However, I never tried as I'm currently studying. However, you won't be able to apply for an NI number. I tried and they said you have to have a passport, so you'll be charged at a higher rate of tax, although it will be refunded eventually.
completely wrong, COA with proof of adress is more than enough to apply for NI and allocation to that number is granteed. and even the timing is like everyone else,
iwon't go into details ,just know that they have not right to not give you an ni number with COA, wich clearly state about your right to accept offers of employment ,it takes about 2 weeks.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:14 am

kabuki wrote:
86ti wrote:But only if the OP is married.

That is the only way that it's guaranteed, but it can be granted even if they aren't married. I was given permission to work on my COA as the unmarried partner of an EEA national.
Unmarried partners can derive EEA rights only after they have been approved by the UKBA, see Chapter 5 of the ECIS. Your CoA was probably simply a mistake.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:28 pm

86ti wrote:
kabuki wrote:

Unmarried partners can derive EEA rights only after they have been approved by the UKBA, see Chapter 5 of the ECIS. Your CoA was probably simply a mistake.
He must have been very lucky it be given that kind of COA!
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:29 pm

86ti wrote:
kabuki wrote:

He must have been very lucky to recieve that kind of COA!
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

hi

Post by smallpie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:11 pm

hi
Last edited by smallpie on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Sorry, no. I do not now how long that could take. Why was it initially refused and what have you included fo reconsideration.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

hi

Post by smallpie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:22 pm

does any one know if the certificate for approval of marriage still in place,? as i heard and watch in a programme, it will not be needed anymore to get married under eu-law in the uk.? as frm april 2011.
Last edited by smallpie on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.