ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anivip
Newly Registered

Post by Anivip » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:44 am

ferrarilondon wrote:My fingers are itching to call UKBA regarding my application but I will try not to call for at least 1 week. hahah i am sure so many people are going through this. Also has any one applied in 2nd or 3rd week of March heard from UK BA?
My friend & family who had applied during the 2nd week of march got their approval letter yesterday from UKBA

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:51 am

Even I decided not to call UK Ba i just did again :lol: Same answer that we are getting so many applications and mine is in initial stages has not been allocated to the case worker yet. :? My application is straightforward but that does not mean that you will get the answer quick.

Gul did you get any response? as i know you have been waiting for almost 2 months now .

Good luck to all

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:05 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Even I decided not to call UK Ba i just did again :lol: Same answer that we are getting so many applications and mine is in initial stages has not been allocated to the case worker yet. :? My application is straightforward but that does not mean that you will get the answer quick.

Gul did you get any response? as i know you have been waiting for almost 2 months now .

Good luck to all
nothing at all :lol:

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:15 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Even I decided not to call UK Ba i just did again :lol: Same answer that we are getting so many applications and mine is in initial stages has not been allocated to the case worker yet. :? My application is straightforward but that does not mean that you will get the answer quick.

Good luck to all
It seems they only give standard answers, they are not allowed to disclose all the details. I am also wondering why they wouldn't tell anything to Gul and ask her to call only if its been 6 months since she applied. On the otherhand, they have atleast told you that your application has not yet been alloted to a caseworker.

I cant understand the reason for so much inconsistancy in the way they answer calls.

dx1129
Newly Registered

Post by dx1129 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

ferrarilondon wrote:same here, i applied on 14th March and ready to wait. But i hope not to wait for long as I am the only non British in my family ( wife , kids are British ) and they are planing to go to Disney land Paris this summer and on my current nationality i have to wait up to 6 weeks for Visa to France. Ridiculous

Well hope for the best
Hi ferrarilondon, I applied through NCS the same day and I am still waiting. I hope both of us could get the approval shortly.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 am

dx1129 did you receive the acknowledgement letter? did you call UK ba about the status of your application.

Gul when did you call last ? what was their answer

Bhumi

Re: My Journey towards British Citizenship

Post by Bhumi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 am

allta wrote:
Bhumi wrote:Finally 6yrs ......Guys this site has been very useful and resourceful for getting answers to many questions i had. I have also used for my Tier 1 (HSMP) and ILR.....Thank you Moderators... you are doing a wonderful job ...and members for sharing their information and various circumstances... anyways fortunately time has come to much awaited end of the journey. and visa hassles...mine is a joint application...with one of the applicant having FPN with £60 fine and 3 points.....Lets see how much the wait is now....All Excited and Best of Luck to all who are awaiting results....

Criteria - 3yrs Work Permit + 2 yrs Tier 1 + 1yr ILR

Date Submitted Postal : 23rd March, 2011
Date Received at HO - 24th March, 2011
Date Debit Card debited -
Date Acknowledgement Letter Received -
Date of Approval Letter Posted -
Date of Approval Letter Received -

Date of Ceremony ---
Date Appli for Passport Via Check & Send ---

Will keep you posted of any updates......
Nice to see a same-date applicant. Check ur bank statement, mine was debited yesterday 28th. I applied via NCS last Wednesday in Southwark. So, I'm expecting the ack letter now.

Best wishes in your joint application.

Allta
HI Alta, I received my ack letter on 7th April dated 31/03/2011...hope you have got yours...
Last edited by Bhumi on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dx1129
Newly Registered

Post by dx1129 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:34 am

ferrarilondon wrote:dx1129 did you receive the acknowledgement letter? did you call UK ba about the status of your application.

I got the letter on 25th Mar (dated 22nd)

i didn't call them yet

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am

Quick Question...

I applied for Naturalisation on the 28th March - Bank Account got debited on the 6th April. I am hoping I get the decision by the end of May because I am meant to be going to Europe end of June...

Now My question is...

Should UKBA take long to make my decision, is it okay to travel on my current Indian Nationality. I can get the visa for Europe without any problem and it usually takes no more than 2 weeks as I am a family member of EEA National...

But would I be breaking any rules if I go to Europe with my Indian Nationality if the decision is not made by the end of May?

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:32 am

ferrarilondon wrote:dx1129 did you receive the acknowledgement letter? did you call UK ba about the status of your application.

I call them today and was told that application pending allocation to case worker, and its can take from 3 to 6 month and Every application is different you can not compare one application with other :D,
its really hilarious when they give cold shoulder response.

Ness
Newly Registered

Post by Ness » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:35 am

I can't believe it's finally time for me to start the Naturalisation rollercoaster! I've already been through the WHV process, then LLR, then ILR, and now this :)

Before I applied I read loads of threads on here and figured it was about 3-4 weeks processing time, but since I've applied there are more and more reports about delays, so I think I am in for a long journey here.

Criteria - ILR (Married to British Citizen)
Type - NCS
Date of submission - 25/03/2011
Date reached HO – 28/03/2011 (checked tracking number given by NCS)
Date of debit of credit card - 04/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - (dated )
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

I'll update more as it happens.

Best of luck to everyone else applying that your wait isn't too long!

Ness
Newly Registered

Post by Ness » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:39 am

VSAndroid wrote:Should UKBA take long to make my decision, is it okay to travel on my current Indian Nationality. I can get the visa for Europe without any problem and it usually takes no more than 2 weeks as I am a family member of EEA National...

But would I be breaking any rules if I go to Europe with my Indian Nationality if the decision is not made by the end of May?
No, not at all! If no decision has been reached, then you are not a UK citizen, therefore you are still an Indian citizen, therefore you can travel on your Indian passport.

I take it you used NCS so you have your Indian passport in hand?

sac

Post by sac » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 am

COMPLETED CITIZENSHIP & PASSPORT TIMELINE

Criteria: 4+1 [HSMP JR]
Type: NCS, Brent
Date of submission: 22 Jan 2011
Card debited: 29 Jan
Acknowledgement received: 08 Feb - letter dated 29 Jan
Approval received: 24 Feb - letter dated 18 Feb
Citizenship ceremony: 14 Mar
Passport application: 16 Mar (check and send)
Documents returned (secure): 22 Mar; redelivered 24/03
Interview: 02 Apr
Passport received (secure): 05 Apr; redelivered 07/04

Eleven weeks in all, end to end.. pretty good. Could have been a bit quicker if I'd chosen an earlier citizenship ceremony, but I requested that date for personal convenience. The passport interview slot also took a week to get, though I gather that's not bad for London, and the secure delivery added a couple of days, because I was not at home and had to arrange redelivery to my work address.

That's now the end of the journey for me... looking forward to a visa-free visit to Europe over the May bank holiday! :)

Good luck everyone.. have patience and keep the faith.
Am happy to answer queries.
cheers
Last edited by sac on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 am

VSAndroid wrote:Quick Question...

I applied for Naturalisation on the 28th March - Bank Account got debited on the 6th April. I am hoping I get the decision by the end of May because I am meant to be going to Europe end of June...

Now My question is...

Should UKBA take long to make my decision, is it okay to travel on my current Indian Nationality. I can get the visa for Europe without any problem and it usually takes no more than 2 weeks as I am a family member of EEA National...

I suppose it should be ok. You can use your Indian passport until your naturalisation certificate is issued. However, I am not sure what issue date appears on the certificate - is it the date when UKBA send your certificate to the council or the date of your ceremony.

jagan
Newly Registered

Nice to see applied on the same date

Post by jagan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:22 pm

I did apply on28/03/2011 via NCS oldham. Received by UKBA on 29/03/2011(Royalmail tracking).

No progress afterwards. Applied on the basisi of 4years HSMP + 1 Year ILR..

tintin wrote:
VSAndroid wrote:Quick Question...

Now My question is...

I suppose it should be ok. You can use your Indian passport until your naturalisation certificate is issued. However, I am not sure what issue date appears on the certificate - is it the date when UKBA send your certificate to the council or the date of your ceremony.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Ness wrote:No, not at all! If no decision has been reached, then you are not a UK citizen, therefore you are still an Indian citizen, therefore you can travel on your Indian passport.
more precisely, you are not British Citizen until you make an oath of allegiance (or an affirmation) and a pledge, so you will become BC on the day of ceremony, not on the day of application approval

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:33 pm

tintin wrote:However, I am not sure what issue date appears on the certificate - is it the date when UKBA send your certificate to the council or the date of your ceremony.
date of ceremony

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 pm

VSAndroid - I suppose you have your answer now. You can travel on your India passport untill the date of your ceremony.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Ok - that's great. I will apply for multiple entry to Europe visa on my Indian Passport then... just in case UKBA takes its time... and I did apply through NCS (Ealing).

I also see we have applied only couple of days apart. Do update us on your progress. My account got debited on the 6th April.
Ness wrote:
VSAndroid wrote:Should UKBA take long to make my decision, is it okay to travel on my current Indian Nationality. I can get the visa for Europe without any problem and it usually takes no more than 2 weeks as I am a family member of EEA National...

No, not at all! If no decision has been reached, then you are not a UK citizen, therefore you are still an Indian citizen, therefore you can travel on your Indian passport.

I take it you used NCS so you have your Indian passport in hand?

grgaby
Newly Registered

Post by grgaby » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm

NCS or Postal : Postal
If NCS, which centre
Date of submission or posting : 02/03/11
CRITERIA - 5 yr Work permit + 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 09/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 14/03/11
Date of receipt of approval: 25/03/11
Date of Ceremony Invitation Letter: 04/04/11
Date of Ceremony : 07/04/11
Date of appln. for passport : 07/04/11
Method used : Check & Send
Date of Receipt : ?

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Yes - I do - Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated.
tintin wrote:VSAndroid - I suppose you have your answer now. You can travel on your India passport untill the date of your ceremony.

khaweriba

passpsort

Post by khaweriba » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi All

Sorry for the late update but my laptop was out of order for while.

Criteria - 4 years HSMP Plus 1 year ILR
Type - NCS
Date of submission - 22/12/2011
Date reached HO – not Known
Date of debit of credit card - 07/01/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement -10 Jan
Date of receipt of approval - 13 Feb, dated 3 Feb
Date of Ceremony - 2 March
Date of appln. for passport - 15 March
Method used - Check and send
Date of Receipt of documents - 19 march
Date of interview - 23 march
Date passport received – 28 march.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:43 am

Congratulations Khaweriba , your journey ends here. All the best

dx1129
Newly Registered

Post by dx1129 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Congratulations Khaweriba , your journey ends here. All the best
ferrarilondon, you are so early today.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 am

I am always up early :lol: