ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 post study work visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mr.Niceguy11
Newly Registered

Tier 1 post study work visa

Post by Mr.Niceguy11 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi All,

I came to uk recently for my higher education. When i applied for my visa they mentioned that we are eligible for psw. And unfortunately our course is going to end in may 2012. So i am bit worried that we are not eligible for psw. Ofcourse no company will give tier 2 sponcer visa. My concern is when i applied my visa there is a rule that we can apply for tier 1 psw, based on that they will consider us or they will not consider our january intake students.

UKProffesional
BANNED

Post by UKProffesional » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:55 pm

PSW visas are only granted where the appliant has recieved their results. As you will undoubtedly complete your course after 2010, you will not be eligable to apply for PSW.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm

your course is ending start of may or end of may 2012?

tusso

Post by tusso » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:40 pm

arsenal49 wrote:your course is ending start of may or end of may 2012?
PSW will end for applicants on April 2012, if you manage to get your results and apply before that date then its fine, if not you will be subjected to the new system

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 1 post study work visa

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Mr.Niceguy11 wrote:Hi All,

I came to uk recently for my higher education. When i applied for my visa they mentioned that we are eligible for psw. And unfortunately our course is going to end in may 2012. So i am bit worried that we are not eligible for psw. Ofcourse no company will give tier 2 sponcer visa. My concern is when i applied my visa there is a rule that we can apply for tier 1 psw, based on that they will consider us or they will not consider our january intake students.
why dont you ask to your Univ / college
N/A

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Mr.Niceguy11 wrote:
Ofcourse no company will give tier 2 sponcer visa.
This is the precise point... they make it seem easy to get tier 2, it's very difficult. Even with no limits, few, if any companies will do that. And those get 100 000+ apps anyway...

All small,mediums etc. no way.

I guess you are one of those who will lose... You should try finding a job sooner, that's it. Chances are very small, but try. It's not fair, i know.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm

I think this wont spoil you, its for the people who come to UK after april 2012. People who are already in or who come in before april 2012 can claim their PSW with TA. But iam not pretty sure about this, moderator vinny or sushmehta can surely shed some light on this

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:55 pm

If you started in Jan 2011, you must build pressure on UKBA and Uni. for TA.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:16 pm

z18runway wrote:

I think this wont spoil you, its for the people who come to UK after april 2012. People who are already in or who come in before april 2012 can claim their PSW with TA. But iam not pretty sure about this, moderator vinny or sushmehta can surely shed some light on this
no this is wrong. Psw will close in April 2012. Therefore if you haven't got your degree by then you won't be able to apply.

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 pm

In my opinion you will be eligible to apply for PSW If you can get your result and apply before 12 april 2012

tusso

Post by tusso » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 pm

adamnator83 wrote:In my opinion you will be eligible to apply for PSW If you can get your result and apply before 12 april 2012
Exactly, you can only apply IF you get your degree results before april 2012... people have to understand that the Transitional Arrangements are from NOW until APRIL 2012... Is it so hard to get that?

From April 2012 no matter what stage in ur degree you are, you will have to apply through the new system which requires a job offer from a sponsor...

adamnator83

Post by adamnator83 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 pm

I do agree with Tusso. From April 2012 PSW will be completely closed for everyone!

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Greenie wrote:
z18runway wrote:

no this is wrong. Psw will close in April 2012. Therefore if you haven't got your degree by then you won't be able to apply.
thanks for the information greenie