ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATUARALISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DELTA777
Newly Registered

NATUARALISATION

Post by DELTA777 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi,

Firstly my thanks for the answers in advance.

I have applied for naturalisation a week back & it is in process. I am an indian passport holder.

My question is can i leave the uk for 2 weeks after getting naturalisation certificate, but before the oath ceremony.

If not do i have to wait for oath ceremony, british passport, oci card.

Please help as i need to go to india.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards
raj

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 pm

You are an Indian citizen until you take the oath/affirm + pledge. After the ceremony only you will receive the naturalisation certificate that you are a British citizen dated on the day of ceremony. Until then you can use your Indian passport without any problem. After you receive the approval letter and ceremony invitation letter call the council and try to fix either public or private ceremony date which should fall after your return date from India. So you can freely travel to India with Indian passport and return to the UK to attend the ceremony.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: NATUARALISATION

Post by Christophe » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:29 pm

DELTA777 wrote:Hi,

Firstly my thanks for the answers in advance.

I have applied for naturalisation a week back & it is in process. I am an indian passport holder.

My question is can i leave the uk for 2 weeks after getting naturalisation certificate, but before the oath ceremony.

If not do i have to wait for oath ceremony, british passport, oci card.

Please help as i need to go to india.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards
raj
You will receive the naturalisation certificate at the ceremony. You will not be a British citizen until the ceremony, so there is no problem with using your Indian passport for travel up to that date.

Once you have attended the ceremony you are a British citizen. It would obviously be better if you did not travel outside the UK after the date of the ceremony until you have received a British passport and have sorted out matters with the Indian authorities about OCI and so on.