ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 am

Applied via: Postal
Date of submission: 11/02/11
Date reached: 14/02/11
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP + 1Year ILR
No. of Applications: AN (myself) + 2 MN1 (2 kids)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 17/02/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 21/02/11 (dated: 17/02/11)
Date of receipt of approval: 01/03/11 (dated: 24/02/11)
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council: 10/03/11
Date of Ceremony: 15/03/11
Date of appln. for passport: 15/03/11
Method used: Post offie Check & Send
Letter from IPS to arrange for Interview: 25/03/11
Date of Receipt of documents: 29/03/11
Date of interview: 05/04/11
Date passport received: 08/04/11

PS: 10 days gap between approval letter and ceremony invitation letter and 10 days gap between passport interview letter and date of interview wasted 20 days in the time line.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:22 am

By the way Dx do you want to call UKBA today to see what is the update on your application ? as mine is waiting to be picked up by case worker . Me and you applied same day lets see your progress.

Regards

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 am

Gul, have you heard anything yet? When exactly did you apply and under what criteria?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 am

Here are the numbers DX

0845 010 5200 = 0151 672 5626

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:42 am

tintin wrote:Gul, have you heard anything yet? When exactly did you apply and under what criteria?
I call them yesterday and was told that application pending allocation to case worker, and its can take from 3 to 6 month

Criteria : hsmp through NCS Barking side

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:25 pm

I called the Home Office today. My application is still sitting in a corner, unloved and feeling dejected.

Submitted on 14th March.

allta

Post by allta » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:I called the Home Office today. My application is still sitting in a corner, unloved and feeling dejected.

Submitted on 14th March.
Judging from the states here alone, over 80% of applications made in late Feb and March are still awaiting pickup by a caseworker. Not good enough considering the hundreds of thousands made over this same period. Where is the place of traditional British customer service?
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:18 am

Has anyone applied on or before 30th March 2011 and still not received the acknowledgment or credit/debit card payment not yet deducted?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:52 am

Friends,

Looks like who ever applied in middle or towards the end of March will have to wait bit longer, as that was the time when HO start receiving extra applications. I think people who applied around that time will start getting response towards the end of April. Also the bunch of bank holidays coming in end of April will slow down the posts. So will see what happens. All of us are very anxious but hopefully this will end soon.

Regards

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:16 am

Trust me JK2007 HO will not tkae long to take money out of your account, I think the only fast department in HO is their accounts :lol:

That is how our application go through in Liverpool

Receiving department ( receives the application )

Accounts department ( debit the accounts etc ) also send the acknowledgement letter

Application gets scanned into the system

Different teams are allocated to pick up random cases before they do they go through external checks i.e convictions, time spent outside UK , Checking eligibility etc

Finally the case workers from different teams pick up the cases.

Once the case worker pick up the case then I think its matter of few days.

last weeks when I called HO a very friendly advisor told me about these steps. If they say that your applications is inthe que waiting to be picked up by case worker this means that you are going through external checks and this is the longest step if they decide to do the complete check.

Hope this helps

sara01
Newly Registered

Post by sara01 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:22 am

Criteria : 2yrs (spouse visa) + 1yr ILR

Date of submission : 25/03/2011 Type : NCS Newham
Date application received by UKBA : 28/03/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card : 01/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 09/04/2011 dated 01/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval : ....
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council : ...
Date of ceremony : ....
Date of application for passport : ....
Date of interview letter : ....
Date of interview : ....
Date of receipt of documents : ....
Date of receipt of passport : ....

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:33 am

CRITERIA - 5 Year Work Permit + 1 yr ILR
Type - NCS (Birmingham)
Date of submission - 17/03/2011
Date reached HO - 23/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 27/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 31/03/2011 dated 27/03/2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received -

My employer (one of the gov department rang HO last week for an update on my application, and they were advised that it is still awaiting case worker allocation. My employer advised them that I need access to British Passport due to the nature of my work so UKBA need to expedite the process, because my employer need to do some advanced planning and spend of the departmental budgets etc... The person advised my employer that they need to send a letter with a request but they do not guarantee anything)

I would have thought that despite charging such a huge amount in fees etc..., they would have improved their process, taken more staff on, but I guess due the recruitment freeze in all the government departments things will just keep on getting delayed and stuck in pipeline. What a shame :(

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:I called the Home Office today. My application is still sitting in a corner, unloved and feeling dejected.

Submitted on 14th March.
I think it is a bit too early for you to worry!
allta wrote:Where is the place of traditional British customer service?
Traditional British customer service is no customer service - so it's all as it should be :lol:
Last edited by wunder on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:54 am

lionking007 wrote:My employer (one of the gov department rang HO last week for an update on my application, and they were advised that it is still awaiting case worker allocation. My employer advised them that I need access to British Passport due to the nature of my work so UKBA need to expedite the process, because my employer need to do some advanced planning and spend of the departmental budgets etc... The person advised my employer that they need to send a letter with a request but they do not guarantee anything)
the above is irrelevant - no employer (even govt one) can demand to make you a BC (and I suppose the person who will sign such demand will not do good to himself) - read British Nationality Act and you will find out that Secretary of State decision is not based on employer's need

If, on an application for naturalisation as a British citizen made by a person of full age and capacity, the Secretary of State is satisfied that the applicant fulfils the requirements of Schedule 1 for naturalisation as such a citizen under this subsection, he may, if he thinks fit, grant to him a certificate of naturalisation as such a citizen.

also, take a note of the wording: he may, not he must
What's more, you are referring to Passport which is not UKBA's concern.

Personally, I wouldn't even tell any employer about applying for BC as this is a personal matter.
if they really need BC then watch your back as you may be replaced :wink:

Good Luck with your application :)

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:17 am

ukpl wrote:
lionking007 wrote:My employer (one of the gov department rang HO last week for an update on my application, and they were advised that it is still awaiting case worker allocation. My employer advised them that I need access to British Passport due to the nature of my work so UKBA need to expedite the process, because my employer need to do some advanced planning and spend of the departmental budgets etc... The person advised my employer that they need to send a letter with a request but they do not guarantee anything)
the above is irrelevant - no employer (even govt one) can demand to make you a BC (and I suppose the person who will sign such demand will not do good to himself) - read British Nationality Act and you will find out that Secretary of State decision is not based on employer's need

If, on an application for naturalisation as a British citizen made by a person of full age and capacity, the Secretary of State is satisfied that the applicant fulfils the requirements of Schedule 1 for naturalisation as such a citizen under this subsection, he may, if he thinks fit, grant to him a certificate of naturalisation as such a citizen.

also, take a note of the wording: he may, not he must
What's more, you are referring to Passport which is not UKBA's concern.

Personally, I wouldn't even tell any employer about applying for BC as this is a personal matter.
if they really need BC then watch your back as you may be replaced :wink:

Good Luck with your application :)
UKPL thanks for your advise. I did not tell my employer to contact the HO. They want to me deliver certain projects; but thanks for pointing that out. much appreciated

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 am

I was trying to think what job required a change in nationality, because:
1 - I know that some governmental jobs will require people to be British citizen, but there again, they will recruit only British citizen then.
2 - I am struggling to understand what type of job will require someone to get British citizenship after some time already working for the company.

srini_ma
Newly Registered

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

Post by srini_ma » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:06 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS (Bracknell)
Date of submission or posting : 28/03/11
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 07/04/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement
Date of receipt of approval
Date of Ceremony
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

allta

Post by allta » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:16 pm

It's almost as if every case worker at the NATIONALITY dept is on early summer vacation!

Anyways, we can be patient, we've come too far to give up out of impatience at the last hurdle......hold on guys, our approvals will surely come.....
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

Ness
Newly Registered

Post by Ness » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Criteria - ILR (Married to British Citizen)
Type - NCS
Date of submission - 25/03/2011
Date reached HO – 28/03/2011 (checked tracking number given by NCS)
Date of debit of credit card - 04/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 08/04/2011 (dated 04/04/2011)
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from Council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

I'll update more as it happens.

Anivip
Newly Registered

Post by Anivip » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 am

Jk2007 wrote:Has anyone applied on or before 30th March 2011 and still not received the acknowledgment or credit/debit card payment not yet deducted?
Yes, my friend who submitted on 28 March told me the money has not been debited yet. They submitted through NCS Hounslow

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 am

Same here :? my appointment with NCS was on the 1st of April, assuming application has reached HO on the 4th of April.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:02 am

its seems like postal app is faster than NCS lately..anyway i plan to send mine after ILR appointment on wednesday.will send via special delivery on thrusday or next week monday will update you guys if any defference

Mike London
Newly Registered

Post by Mike London » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:26 pm

CRITERIA - 4yr HSMP / Tier 1 >>2 Judicial Reviews<< + 1 yr ILR
Type NCS - Camden
Date of submission 24/02/11 Date reached HO- 24/02/11 (as per Royal Mail tracking service!)
Date of debit of credit card - 03/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - just a few days after - dated 03/03/11

Starting to get worried as it certainly seems that my time line went "above average" - currently at over 5 weeks since money was debited from the account.

I wonder if it has anything to do with 2 Judicial Reviews I used for my ILR? I lost my original HSMP status; had to leave the country and return shortly as a student dependant, then left again and returned as HSMP Dependant, and only later was able to reinstate my Tier 1 based on the 2nd HSMP Forum JR, with HO letter stating that any "out of right status" duration is covered as qualifying period.

It's fine from the "days absent" aspect - it's just over 100 days in total. But I know it can be confusing to a case worker to look at all these different visas and think "what on earth was this guy up to?" :D

I applied for ILR in person, and the case worker there had to refer to her boss to clarify the issues before issuing the ILR.

So, the hope was that at the nationality stage they wouldn't worry about those status changes too much, given that ILR was already issued.

Does anyone know whether in itself this may be causing the delay? Or is it just the case of lack of luck / "slow queue" ?

Hopefully, this doesn't get delayed for months... :roll:

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 pm

MIKE LONDON currently things are bit slow in Nationality department, they are saying now average is around 12 weeks. Did you try to call them recently if so what is the update on your application?

Mike London
Newly Registered

Post by Mike London » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:51 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:MIKE LONDON currently things are bit slow in Nationality department, they are saying now average is around 12 weeks. Did you try to call them recently if so what is the update on your application?
12 weeks! :shock: Well, thanks anyway - it does help to know! Although, looking at some cases in this topic where people are getting approved within 3 weeks, one can only wonder! ;)

I didn't call them yet, thinking I can't expedite things by a call anyway, and if it's been decided, I'll know within a few days...

Another question is - no one seems to mention how the approval letter is sent - the usual 2nd class or registered delivery, requiring a signature? If it is 2nd class than perhaps it might be worth a call, as it may go astray, I guess.

Thanks!