ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 pm

Mike London wrote:CRITERIA - 4yr HSMP / Tier 1 >>2 Judicial Reviews<< + 1 yr ILR
Type NCS - Camden
Date of submission 24/02/11 Date reached HO- 24/02/11 (as per Royal Mail tracking service!)
Date of debit of credit card - 03/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - just a few days after - dated 03/03/11

Starting to get worried as it certainly seems that my time line went "above average" - currently at over 5 weeks since money was debited from the account.

I wonder if it has anything to do with 2 Judicial Reviews I used for my ILR? I lost my original HSMP status; had to leave the country and return shortly as a student dependant, then left again and returned as HSMP Dependant, and only later was able to reinstate my Tier 1 based on the 2nd HSMP Forum JR, with HO letter stating that any "out of right status" duration is covered as qualifying period.

It's fine from the "days absent" aspect - it's just over 100 days in total. But I know it can be confusing to a case worker to look at all these different visas and think "what on earth was this guy up to?" :D

I applied for ILR in person, and the case worker there had to refer to her boss to clarify the issues before issuing the ILR.

So, the hope was that at the nationality stage they wouldn't worry about those status changes too much, given that ILR was already issued.

Does anyone know whether in itself this may be causing the delay? Or is it just the case of lack of luck / "slow queue" ?

Hopefully, this doesn't get delayed for months... :roll:
My application was received at the HO on the 23rd and payment debited on the 27th. as of last week it was still awaiting the allocation to the caseworker.

Looking at the holidays, half term, public holidays etc... looks like for the applications sent in from 2nd week of Feb to now will take a bit of time. I know the feeling and the anxiety. I think we have waited this long, maybe a few more weeks. As they say, those who wait gets the best and patience is virtue. I am sure not everyone will agree. Just staying positive will make a bit of difference

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Mike London wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:MIKE LONDON currently things are bit slow in Nationality department, they are saying now average is around 12 weeks. Did you try to call them recently if so what is the update on your application?
12 weeks! :shock: Well, thanks anyway - it does help to know! Although, looking at some cases in this topic where people are getting approved within 3 weeks, one can only wonder! ;)

I didn't call them yet, thinking I can't expedite things by a call anyway, and if it's been decided, I'll know within a few days...

Another question is - no one seems to mention how the approval letter is sent - the usual 2nd class or registered delivery, requiring a signature? If it is 2nd class than perhaps it might be worth a call, as it may go astray, I guess.

Thanks!
Its normally 2nd class from what I have seen with others on this forum

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 pm

You are right LionKing007, they are going to take bit longer now, i have sent mine on 14th March Via NCS and until now its going through checks and waiting to be allocated to the case worker. fingers crossed and waiting.

Mike London
Newly Registered

Post by Mike London » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:08 pm

lionking007 wrote: patience is virtue. I am sure not everyone will agree. Just staying positive will make a bit of difference
I can only agree :D where would we be without patience? ;)
my only other concern is whether the double JR may also contribute to further delays... :roll:
lionking007 wrote:Its normally 2nd class from what I have seen with others on this forum
oh well, one just has to hope it doesn't go too far astray...

I guess I will have to call them at some point...

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Yes Mike that would be a good idea, to check the progress of your application

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:You are right LionKing007, they are going to take bit longer now, i have sent mine on 14th March Via NCS and until now its going through checks and waiting to be allocated to the case worker. fingers crossed and waiting.
When did you ring them for your status update Ferrarilondon? was it today

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Yes today about couple of hours ago, I always happen to talk to very helpful advisers or may be they are all very helpful lol. He said to me that now average is around 12 weeks , and my case is going through checks since last week , so by the end of this week or early next week case workers time might pick up my application. When i said that some people are getting reply within 2 or 3 weeks he said depends on case workers and cases and also not any more as they received so many applications and they have so much back log to clear. so their average time line is around 12 weeks which was 6 weeks until mid of Feb.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Yes today about couple of hours ago, I always happen to talk to very helpful advisers or may be they are all very helpful lol. He said to me that now average is around 12 weeks , and my case is going through checks since last week , so by the end of this week or early next week case workers time might pick up my application. When i said that some people are getting reply within 2 or 3 weeks he said depends on case workers and cases and also not any more as they received so many applications and they have so much back log to clear. so their average time line is around 12 weeks which was 6 weeks until mid of Feb.
Do you know if they do a credit check,(I am sure they do) and if they do does it get reflected on the experian etc... I have just subscribed to the credit reports as I was applying for BC and wanted to make sure the acount was nice and clean

avis
Newly Registered

Post by avis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Last edited by avis on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mike London
Newly Registered

Post by Mike London » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:02 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Yes Mike that would be a good idea, to check the progress of your application
agree ;) although one of my problems is that my workday coincides with theirs, and they way things are it's not easy at all for me to call during day time - I even have lunches at my desk :D but I'll find a way eventually...

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 pm

try this number , you can even call from you mobile it will cost you only national call rate

01516 725 626

sid79

Post by sid79 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Criteria : 5 Years WP + 1yr ILR

Date of submission : 02/03/2011 Type : NCS (Merton)
Date application received by UKBA : 03/03/2011 via Warrington delivery office
Date of debit of credit card : 05/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 10/03/2011 dated 05/03/2011
Date of receipt of approval : ....
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council : ...
Date of ceremony : ....
Date of application for passport : ....
Date of interview letter : ....
Date of interview : ....
Date of receipt of documents : ....
Date of receipt of passport : ....

sid79

Post by sid79 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Its been more than 5 weeks now, I called Home Office three times last week, and the case is still waiting for the allocation, so looks like that almost everyone is experiencing the delays whom cases were submitted in March via NCS.

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Mike London wrote:CRITERIA - 4yr HSMP / Tier 1 >>2 Judicial Reviews<< + 1 yr ILR
Type NCS - Camden
Date of submission 24/02/11 Date reached HO- 24/02/11 (as per Royal Mail tracking service!)
Date of debit of credit card - 03/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - just a few days after - dated 03/03/11
My application reached HO on 18 of Feb via NCS
and payment taken on 23/Feb
so its 7-1/2 since application reach HO and
6-1/2 since payment taken from accounts.

Application still waiting allocation to case worker ........ !

sid79

Post by sid79 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:08 pm

I do feel your pain GUL, but after a long journey I leant one thing .. HO is very unpredictable but Home office has already covered their side by saying on their website that application could take as long as 6 months .. so I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see :)

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:24 pm

The latest approval on this forum was for someone who applied on 7th March.

I wonder what would take the average time from 3 weeks to 12 weeks in a matter of weeks, has to be something more than few extra applications.

goody09

help

Post by goody09 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Date of submission or posting 03/03/11 (received by HO 07/03/11)
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card 09/03/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 11/03/11
Date of receipt of approval - pending
Date of Ceremony - pending
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

called the HO on 22nd March thier reply was to be allocated
on 29th March, thier reply was checkes and enquiries, does it mean it has been handed to the case worker?

thanks

sid79

Post by sid79 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, I think the 7th March was the postal case not NCS.

from my experience, checks/enquiries and waiting to be allocated are the same thing, its just different wordings used on the call, when I called first time I had the same reply, "waiting for checks", second call "waiting for the allocation", third call "waiting to be allocated as the checks are being done".

goody09

Post by goody09 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 pm

mine was through NCS, so I assume thier replyment to be allocated, I will give them another 2 weeks before giving them a call,

thanks a lot

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm

If 'waiting to be allocated' and 'waiting for checks' is the same thing, than perhaps UKBA is now conducting enhanced checks for Naturalisation applications which were not conducted before.

Maybe this is the backdoor for the conservative govt to tighten the naturalisation process.

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:11 pm

sid79 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, I think the 7th March was the postal case not NCS.
No it was throuh NCS.

CRITERIA - EEA national (Spanish)(exercising treaty right for 5 years- Half as worker and half as self sufficient. Had not applied for PR using EEA 3)
Type - NCS Southport
Date of submission - 07/03/2011
Date reached HO – 08/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 11/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 17/03/2011 ( dated 11/03/2011)
Date of receipt of approval - 25/03/2011 (dated 18/03/2011)
Date of Ceremony - TBC

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Update on my application

Criteria :: Family Member of an EEA National - 8 years including 1 year PR
Type :: NCS Ealing
Date of submission :: 26/03/2011
Date application received by UKBA ::29/03/2011 (According to Royal Mail)
Date of debit of credit card :: 05/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :: 11/04/2011 (Letter dated 05/04/2011)
Date of receipt of approval :: Pending
Date of ceremony :: Pending

It's only been two weeks since I submitted my application but it seems so long! - Hoping my application is approved end of this month/early next month!

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 pm

lionking007 wrote:Do you know if they do a credit check,(I am sure they do)
no, they don't do any checks visible via Credit Reference Agencies
firstly, to perform credit check you would need to give a permission
secondly, you don't apply for credit related product
thirdly, why would they be interested in your relationships with private (and often foreign) companies?
as for checking CCJs, court orders and fines, there is TrustOnline public database where anyone can search for and be searched by anyone without subject's permission http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

allta

Post by allta » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:10 am

Ahmed80 wrote:If 'waiting to be allocated' and 'waiting for checks' is the same thing, than perhaps UKBA is now conducting enhanced checks for Naturalisation applications which were not conducted before.

Maybe this is the backdoor for the conservative govt to tighten the naturalisation process.
That is plausible....but wouldn't they have notified us at least? also if people fail any enhance check not documented, then wouldn't this raise a whole of another Judicial review/battle at the expense of tax payers?
Having asked that, I can't seem to find any approval issued for those who applied through NCS in March except 1 chap. That means they are working at a very low efficiency rate during this busy period.
I'm gradually loosing my patience now....but my patience cup is only 3/4 full at the moment :-)
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 am

allta wrote:
Ahmed80 wrote:If 'waiting to be allocated' and 'waiting for checks' is the same thing, than perhaps UKBA is now conducting enhanced checks for Naturalisation applications which were not conducted before.

That is plausible....but wouldn't they have notified us at least? also if people fail any enhance check not documented, then wouldn't this raise a whole of another Judicial review/battle at the expense of tax payers?
Having asked that, I can't seem to find any approval issued for those who applied through NCS in March except 1 chap. That means they are working at a very low efficiency rate during this busy period.
I'm gradually loosing my patience now....but my patience cup is only 3/4 full at the moment :-)
By enhanced checks I didn’t mean new checks, they might be carrying out the same old checks but in more details. They can scrutinise our financial history etc in more depth than before without having to notify anyone.

I’m sure they can stop more people getting naturalised by applying the same old criteria more rigorously, than having to come up with an entire new law. They gradually took away the power of discretion from the case workers for other visas, maybe now the naturalisation case workers have to cover their backs.