ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk border check when i use eea2 to enter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

uk border check when i use eea2 to enter

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:09 pm

hello everyone

I received my eea2 in Feb and went to Italy with my partner in March. when i came back, at the uk airport uk border the passport control, officer stoped me and said he need to check, then he went to a room and came back after ten minutes. he said its fine, because its my first time to use this permit, and they need to check for the first three times when i enter, and then they will take me off from the system. does anyone know what do they check? is that happen to anyone else?
thanks so much.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Never heard about this. I do not think that the UKBA can actually track those data.

What airport was that? Did your passport get stamped? Were you asked to hand in a landing card?

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 pm

86ti wrote:Never heard about this. I do not think that the UKBA can actually track those data.

What airport was that? Did your passport get stamped? Were you asked to hand in a landing card?
london gatwick. yes, i hand in the landing card as i hold chinese passport. after the check the officer stamped my passport and he said after three times they will take me off from the system as i understand i dont need to get check anymore.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:47 pm

You should have done neither (both are unlawful) and I think this three-times-thing is total nonsense. Make a complaint as per that thread if you wish so.

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:51 pm

86ti wrote:You should have done neither (both are unlawful) and I think this three-times-thing is total nonsense. Make a complaint as per that thread if you wish so.
thanks for your reply. i am wondering as well. dont know what they are checking for and what do they need to check. dont want to stop again and stay in the corner.....

wwdeshen
Newly Registered

Post by wwdeshen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 pm

also really confuse that as other topic said as i hold EEA family Resident permit, even i hold non Eu passport, i can still go though the EU passport holder gate when i enter Uk, is that right?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes. What you have is a residence card by the way.