ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone travelling to UK in couple of months for job search?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ving

Anyone travelling to UK in couple of months for job search?

Post by ving » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 am

Hello,
Anybody travelling to UK in couple of months for job search.?Iam just thinking in those terms, if intrested lets get in touch to discuss plans.
Pls shoot me mail at > vny_kmr@hotmail.com or let me know your mail id i will mail u.

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:30 pm

hey ving,
i m a 9+ years .Net professional ,will be leaving to UK in the 2nd or 3 week of this month,can u plz let me know ur background.

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:12 pm

hey guys...you guys resigned job in your home country and would like to come to the uk ?...really good thinking for a better life...study the market guys ...it is dry here ..cant see any jobs ..but you can see so many jobs in the job agency websites ...are they reall true job as or featured jobs ?

wish you good luck...mind you if you dont have a job you cant survive in this country ...i feel sorry for you ..

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:38 am

thanks for Ur advice,rather discouraging but its fine,
there is no point to lose HOPE now:)

regards

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:38 am

[quote="bash"]thanks for Ur advice,rather discouraging but its fine,
there is no point to lose HOPE now:)

regards[/quote]

If you have decided something, make a plan.
Dont listen to discouraging remarks. You will get such comments even if you are only wizard left on this earth of your field.
Stay motivated. You won't reaize worth of risk, unless you take one.
Its like stock market. Untill or unless you wont put an effort to invest, how would you know if you will gain or loose. And notional profit/loss has no meaning which comes when you say if I would have invested X, I would have gained X+Y by now, because that profit/loss is never realized.

Anyways stay positive , stay persistent. All the best!

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:14 am

Hi bash,

I am sorry if you feel i had discouraged you...forgive me ...never my friend...i dont do that ..... I will be happy if you stay motivated and land in a job as soon as you come in... i only focused on the market and the people who struggled/struggling and end up working as a cleaner ...etc....but nothing wrong with that ...i must admit i am also a foreigner and can see the life here ..always imagined if i had been in my country...I would be doing a good job in my soil where i feel very much at home...doesnt matter if it is delhi or bagalore...still my soil...sorry again...nothing wrong in trying ..

bash
BANNED

Post by bash » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 am

thanx npanglia
i have read your motivational post after u landed ur job after 1.5month of struggle.
i will stay motivated cause as u say its like stock market sometimes up and sometimes down,so its all upto us:)
In case you come across any openings in your company do let me know.i have 9+yrs of .NET (microsoft)experience.
thanks again.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:32 pm

No risk, no gain !
Life is tasteless without pain !
Taking risk might give stain ! At the end, its all gain !

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:48 pm

[quote="sureshep"]No risk, no gain !
Life is tasteless without pain !
Taking risk might give stain ! At the end, its all gain ![/quote]

Couldn't have summarized that better....
People - Make a choice...

shruti
Newly Registered

Post by shruti » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:41 pm

hey there..
i am travelling to uk in few months. can someone plz tell me what's the job prospects in UK for software testing and graphic designing with 0 experience?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Shruti, not to sound negative or put you off coming to the UK, things are not getting easier. With zero experience, you are really going to struggle. Government even made a call the other day to start employing more young British people and with all the cuts in government, things are set to become even tougher as many more people are out of work and looking for something else.

I was talking to my boss the other day who said that it's easy to accumulate 100 CV in a couple of days when advertising a position on our website.

The are loads of jobs out there - but there are also loads of applicants. Having no experience doesn't set you apart from the majority of the applicants, so you need to think of a way in which to stand out (can't you get some experience first back home???). Or do a super-duper course or something...

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm

often it is a numbers game, get your CV out to as many recruitment agencies and companies. Try to spice your CV up to set you apart from others without stretching the truth.

I am not in the IT market as most people in these forums are normally, IT market may be saturated again,
Keep it simple!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 am

Shruti, lets be realistic here - what are your chances in your home country if you just have a degree and 0 years experience?

With so many local home grown talents with degrees jobless in the market, there is no reason what so ever to even look at a graduate from another country with qualifications from outside the UK - there just isnt. Hell, with all the cuts and small companies shutting down, there are people with years of experience without a job. On top of that, the IT market is definitely saturated when it comes to standard skill sets and no experience.

Its best to get some experience and think of exploring options with a few years of work under your belt

KP

harry.ayeman
Newly Registered

Re: Anyone travelling to UK in couple of months for job sear

Post by harry.ayeman » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:10 am

i am coming to UK in october this year on spouse visa..i lived and worked in UK for 5 years..i would be looking for employement once i get there...plz help me out if u can....my email id is: harry.ayeman@gmail.com

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Harry,

If you do have 5 years in the UK then you stand a good chance, even in this climate....be patient, get an updated and concise CV out in the market and you will surely get a few calls shortlisted......once again, 5 years in the local market and field is really good....all the best to you

KP

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Hope2007 wrote:Hi bash,

I am sorry if you feel i had discouraged you...forgive me ...never my friend...i dont do that ..... I will be happy if you stay motivated and land in a job as soon as you come in... i only focused on the market and the people who struggled/struggling and end up working as a cleaner ...etc....but nothing wrong with that ...i must admit i am also a foreigner and can see the life here ..always imagined if i had been in my country...I would be doing a good job in my soil where i feel very much at home...doesnt matter if it is delhi or bagalore...still my soil...sorry again...nothing wrong in trying ..
You come on work visa and end up as a Cleaner ???? UK government is very right in regulating more strict norms for VISA now ending with a blockade on new VISA's.

Hard Fact - Just becos half of the people abuse VISA system (non-european citizens), genuine valid - qualified people get hurt.

It is true, UK market is competitive - challenging to land on a nice job, But before you come here, draft a contigency plan (incase if you dont get a job in 3 months).

As somebody already said, it is very difficult to survive in UK without a job. And it is winter for the next 5 months. And you cant live in a 150 pound house without proper food and basic infrastructure. Remember, we dont qualify for benefits too...

Understand the risks, then get IN..
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.