ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my sister in law husband stand as a referee for naturali

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

whimmpy
Newly Registered

Can my sister in law husband stand as a referee for naturali

Post by whimmpy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi guys please help I need one more referee for my naturalisation application, I ve got one from my boss At work but my sister inlaw husband is willing to be the other one is it ok to use my my sister inkaw hisband and what categories or how he know me thanks ..

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:08 pm

no

Markie

Re: Can my sister in law husband stand as a referee for natu

Post by Markie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:45 am

No is the answer - it is written specifically on the form itself (referee can't either by blood or through marriage)
whimmpy wrote:Hi guys please help I need one more referee for my naturalisation application, I ve got one from my boss At work but my sister inlaw husband is willing to be the other one is it ok to use my my sister inkaw hisband and what categories or how he know me thanks ..

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:58 am

jus saw this post as i was also wondering if my wifes cosin from mother side can sign for me ...her cosin does not have the same surname wiv her before marriage...would this work??will appriciate any advice...
cheers

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 am

do you want to take the risk of being refused just because of a referee error and waste the fees you;ve paid? it's clear on the guidelines as stated earlier...check it out!
forwardever wrote:jus saw this post as i was also wondering if my wifes cosin from mother side can sign for me ...her cosin does not have the same surname wiv her before marriage...would this work??will appriciate any advice...
cheers

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:07 am

thanks markie i dont want to risk it i will look for someone else to do it for me ....cheers

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 am

no worries! :D
forwardever wrote:thanks markie i dont want to risk it i will look for someone else to do it for me ....cheers

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:35 pm

markie have jus gone throu the AN guidan form and its only says refree should not be related to you its didnt state weather by blood or by marriage..

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 pm

It doesn’t matter – partners are not blood related and can’t sign as well as parents, for example.