ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sam800

Re: Backdated letter for qualification for naturalization

Post by sam800 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 pm

lumera wrote: Hi Sam,

The following path will give details on naturalisation:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

Eligibility for naturalisation actually depends to a large extent when you got your HSMP approval letter? This could be 4 or 5 years...When exactly did you get the letter and when did you get entry clearance?

Good luck...
Hi lumera,
I got letter on 23-feb-2011, passport stamped for ILR is 14-feb-2011.
My 1st HSMP visa valid from date was 01-nov-2005. I applied ILR under HSMP+JR.

I will also look up naturalization thread on this site ...
Thanks,
Sam

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 am

sam800 wrote:

Eligibility for naturalisation actually depends to a large extent when you got your HSMP approval letter? This could be 4 or 5 years...When exactly did you get the letter and when did you get entry clearance?

Good luck...
Hi lumera,

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam,

Good one.

When did you come into UK then based on this HSMP visa? if it was before April 2006, I think yoy may be entitled to settlement under the 4-year scheme...which ultimately means getting the backdated ILR letter that is not easily obtainable from UKBA...

If you get this back-dated entitlement for settlement, then you can easily apply for naturalisation as a british citizen without having to wait any further.

Good luck!

sam800

Post by sam800 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 pm

lumera wrote:
sam800 wrote:

Good luck...
Hi lumera,

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam,

Good one.

When did you come into UK then based on this HSMP visa? if it was before April 2006, I think yoy may be entitled to settlement under the 4-year scheme...which ultimately means getting the backdated ILR letter that is not easily obtainable from UKBA...

If you get this back-dated entitlement for settlement, then you can easily apply for naturalisation as a british citizen without having to wait any further.

Good luck!
I came to UK for the first time on 28-mar-2006, so now i have to struggle for the backdated letter from HSMP which i am sure will be another few months of back and forth ....

Thanks again,
Sam

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 pm

sam800 wrote:
lumera wrote:
sam800 wrote:

Good luck...
Hi lumera,

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam,

Good one.

Good luck!
I came to UK for the first time on 28-mar-2006, so now i have to struggle for the backdated letter from HSMP which i am sure will be another few months of back and forth ....

Thanks again,
Sam
Great...Good luck...

Let me know how you do...

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this board, so bear with me if I ramble a bit.

I applied for ILR in person today at the Croydon PEO. They took 45 minutes to consider the application and then told me that further enquiries need to be made and to expect my passport and documents back by post.

Not only did I pay more for nothing ... I'm also wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat.

Here's a bit abt my application.
1 yr WP
2 yrs HSMP
. Extension as Tier-1 denied (missing bank statement for maintenance funds - funds were available but a document was missing - no request was made for additional documents)
. Appeal filed in 4 days from receiving decision
. UKBA agrees to re-consider a fresh application if appeal is withdrawn
. New application filed
. Appeal withdrawn
. Extension granted till Apr 2012

So, there is a bit of complexity and maybe I should have filed postal to start with. The officer actually said that a file they needed to check wasn't available in the local office and so application needs to be sent off. Since I wasn't expecting this, I didn't have any self-addressed envelopes or anything. He also said between 2 and 4 weeks but can't tell for sure etc etc.

Anyway, has anyone else been to the PEO and then had their passport withheld? If so, how long did it take?

Katiepie
Newly Registered

Post by Katiepie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Hey,

I also applied for indefinite leave to remain at croydon on the 4th February. My passport was witheld because the case worker said that i needed to supply more co habitation documents for my partner and I for 2009. I thought 11 documents would be enough.

I was told to send the documents to Workflow in Liverpool and did so on the 9th February. I have not heard anything since and even had my MP write a letter because I am due to fly out to Australia on the 1st April (guess I can kiss that goodbye). Only to recieve a letter back from the Home Office saying that I could withdraw my application if I want to.

This has been one of the most trying and annoying experiences and the worst thing is I dont even know when its all going to be over.
What a waste of money.

Katiepie
Newly Registered

Post by Katiepie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm

OK SCRAP THAT!

Came home today and my passport along with all my documents were there waiting for me - GRANTED!! :)

4th Feb - Applied PEO Croydon
9th Feb - Sent additional documents
25th Feb - MP wrote a letter to home office
17th March - Passports back

Goodluck to everyone else still waiting - It was hard.

saminkhan

Post by saminkhan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi all

I submitted my ILR yesterday. It was WP+HSMP+Tier 1 from 20 April 2006 to 19 April 2011. I used the new online application form and submitted the following alongwith the form:

Passport + Previous passport

Photos

Life in the UK pass certificate

Bank statements for last five years

Payslips and P60 for last five years

Letter from employer

Employment contract

Rent agreement with copies of previous rent agreements (originals werent available which was mentioned in the cover letter with the fact that i have monthly rent payments verfiable from the banks statements for the last five years

Wish me good luck

Samin

blay1

Post by blay1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:42 am

saminkhan wrote:Hi all

I submitted my ILR yesterday. It was WP+HSMP+Tier 1 from 20 April 2006 to 19 April 2011. I used the new online application form and submitted the following alongwith the form:

Passport + Previous passport

Photos

Life in the UK pass certificate

Bank statements for last five years

Payslips and P60 for last five years

Letter from employer

Employment contract

Rent agreement with copies of previous rent agreements (originals werent available which was mentioned in the cover letter with the fact that i have monthly rent payments verfiable from the banks statements for the last five years

Wish me good luck

Samin
Good luck. Hope it won't take long.Most postal applications are taking 4weeks to get back so start counting

C.R.Reddy
Newly Registered

Post by C.R.Reddy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:06 pm

I got the acknowledgment after application and I have completed 24 weeks so far. Still waiting for my Passport. Is there anyone who are still waiting for the results who applied during the month of OCT,2010.
lumera wrote:
C.R.Reddy wrote:I have got Acknowledgement letter assigned a reference number it. They didn't tell any thing else. Just said under processing.

Cheers
C.R
lumera wrote:
C.R.Reddy wrote:I have called them 1 week back and said its still under processing... Nothing more than that.I have seen people during that period has got there visa's.

I have travel plans to celebrate my son's first b'day. I don't know when we will get our passports..

Really undergoing painful period.

Congrats to all of them who has got there visa's ..

Cheers.
C.R
Usually, when you give them that call they wake up...did they give u ur case ID? Did they say they'll write you?

You will sing a new song soon...victory is on the way!
Was this acknowledgement after the application or after the follow-up call?

vkwpilr
Newly Registered

WP 5 year ILR application

Post by vkwpilr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 am

Hi All,

Very nice Forum and cheers to all posting here, it really is very helpful and comforting reading other experiences.

I applied for ILR after 5 years on different WPs on 29th March 2011, Application received by UKBA on 30th March 2011, I just received my Acknowledgement letter today (04/04/2011), now the wait begins, fingers crossed :).

I shall keep you all posted

Thanks again and keep it up

frichie79
Newly Registered

Post by frichie79 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:21 am

I am so stressed about this

I applied on 13 Feb, using electronic form and immediate payment
Posted 14th Feb and received Acknowledgement letter dated 15 Feb...

And since then nothing.

Really had my fingers crossed that it would go smoothly and be back in the 6-8 week time period.

One concern I have is that although all my accounts are in my name, I do have a co-owned flat (and mortgage) with my ex who I dont speak to so I did not get the declaration signed by her. I did not consider it essential because the form only mentioned shared bank accounts...but now im worrying about why its taking so long.

Tried phoning them and giving sob story ( i have left my employer and meant to start a new job on 3 may...dependent on my new visa status) but they still wouldnt give me any information. It was suggested to write to them (which I did) asking for priority, but still waiting :(

saminkhan

ILR

Post by saminkhan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi all

Any update on my application: I received the delivery confirmation with reference number last week. Fortunately, just got the application in before the new guidelines apply. Any update on any of your application.

Samin

snoophy77
Newly Registered

Processing time

Post by snoophy77 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi

I have applied on 5th April 2011 under old form and received by HO on 6th April 2011. But no payment taken and no acknowledgement yet..
Anyone in similar situation?

karti
Newly Registered

Post by karti » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi,

Applied on 4th April 2011 under old SET(O) form.
Received by HO on 5th April 2011
Payment taken on 12th April
Got Ack Letter today (14 th) ...

I applied before 38 days :( due to shortage (under 5 yr WP visa)

/k

snoophy77
Newly Registered

Post by snoophy77 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi

Thanks Karti
I applied on 5th April.
Received by HO: 6th April.
Payment taken: 14th April.
Acknow.: awaited.

keep me posted about your progress.

grinconesmo
Newly Registered

Post by grinconesmo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Karti,
I'm in the same situation as you, short of days about 6 days short for the 28 days qualifying period so is really important to see the outcome of your application as I'm thinking to apply for ILR before my visa expires without extention.

Very much appreciated to keep us inform.

Thanks,

karti
Newly Registered

Post by karti » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi Snoopy, Grinconesmo,

Sure, I will update about my appl progress...

Regards,
/K

tanya111
Newly Registered

SET(M) after 6th April

Post by tanya111 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi all,

I’ve sent my paper SET(M) (new version) on 11th April. On 12th April my documents have been received by HO. So far no letter and no payment has been taken.

May be I need to contact HO to find out if there are any problems with my payment. Can anybody advice.

Many thanks

cmforest
Newly Registered

Post by cmforest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

I sent the new form Set (M). Mine was a straightforward application under an expiring 2-yr spouse visa. I am living with my British husband, he is working but since I moved to the UK 2 yrs ago, I have not been able to land a job due to the recession.

Applied: 1st April
Received by HO: 6th April
Payment Taken: 8th April

andsyl
Newly Registered

Re: SET(M) after 6th April

Post by andsyl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 am

tanya111 wrote:Hi all,

I’ve sent my paper SET(M) (new version) on 11th April. On 12th April my documents have been received by HO. So far no letter and no payment has been taken.

May be I need to contact HO to find out if there are any problems with my payment. Can anybody advice.

Many thanks
Hi Tanya111
Have you received your acknowledgement letter or got your payment taken yet? The UKBA used to take payment the day of receipt of application and send the letter a couple of days later (refer previous posts). From this forum it seems from April 2011 they are taking about 7 days between receiving the application and taking the money. They also are apparently taking the payment before sending the acknowledgement letter. May this be the new pattern introduced from the 6 april 2011?
From my experience with the UKBA, waiting more than a week without having the letter and the payment taken would be very worrying that the application might have got lost.

Please, could anyone share their experience about this?

many thanks

andsyl
Newly Registered

Post by andsyl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

cmforest wrote:Hi,

I sent the new form Set (M). Mine was a straightforward application under an expiring 2-yr spouse visa. I am living with my British husband, he is working but since I moved to the UK 2 yrs ago, I have not been able to land a job due to the recession.

Applied: 1st April
Received by HO: 6th April
Payment Taken: 8th April
Hi cmforest
When did you get your acknowledgement letter? What is the date on the letter? Some people are getting their decision very quickly these days. Hope you get your soon. Good luck

m27
Newly Registered

Re: SET(M) after 6th April

Post by m27 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 am

andsyl wrote:
tanya111 wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks
Hi Tanya111
Have you received your acknowledgement letter or got your payment taken yet? The UKBA used to take payment the day of receipt of application and send the letter a couple of days later (refer previous posts). From this forum it seems from April 2011 they are taking about 7 days between receiving the application and taking the money. They also are apparently taking the payment before sending the acknowledgement letter. May this be the new pattern introduced from the 6 april 2011?
From my experience with the UKBA, waiting more than a week without having the letter and the payment taken would be very worrying that the application might have got lost.

Please, could anyone share their experience about this?

many thanks
Hi there my friend also submitted her app on April 11th, delivered 12th (special delivery - was signed for)

cheque payment still not taken, nor any acknowledgement. Called them one lady looked up using my friend's previous case ID (card payment refused by bank on this one) and the new application wasn't logged under that ID so she said try in a week. Called again to speak to someone else this lady was most unhelpful, just kept saying can't say anything and didn't bother taking any details, wouldn't even tell me when payments are generally taken, useless jobsworth! the previous lady though it unusual as payments taken pretty much immediately.

please keep us posted when your payments taken tanya111 thanks, oh and how did u pay?

very annoying also that online payment was unavailable at beginning of april due to the change of form i'm guessing :@

m27
Newly Registered

Post by m27 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:28 am

good news, cheque payment was taken today!

tanya111
Newly Registered

Post by tanya111 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:25 pm

m27 wrote:good news, cheque payment was taken today!
That is great news!

I have good news too. I checked my bank statement today and the payment was finally taken (2 weeks later)!!!!!! It’s a huge relief for me as I was so worried that my documents went lost somewhere.

Good luck with application.

Andsyl, thank you so much for your post.