ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ELBIN007
Newly Registered

Re: OCI

Post by ELBIN007 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 pm

modasu wrote:
ELBIN007 wrote:HI,
I HAVE APPLIED FOR OCI ON THE 4 OF OCTOBER 2010,AND I REGUARLY CHECK ON THE ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM TO SEE IF THE PROCESS IS COMPLETED,BUT ALWAYS IT SAYS "UNDER PROCESS".iT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS NOW,I VE SENT AN EMAIL AND TRIED ON DIFFERNT NUMBERS TO CONTACT THEM,BUT THEIR IS NO REPLY AND THEY DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE,MY DAUGHTER HAS RECIEVED HERS ON jANUARY,AND ME ,MY HUSBAND AND MY SON ARE YET TO RECIEVE,pLS ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO
Has your photo/signature been scanned? Did you apply in London?
YES,IT SAYS PHOTO/SIGNATURE SCANNED ON 29 NOV 2010,AND I APPLIED IN LONDON PASSPORT OFFICE.

modasu
Newly Registered

Post by modasu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 pm

ELBIN007 wrote:
modasu wrote:
I HAVE APPLIED FOR OCI ON THE 4 OF OCTOBER 2010,AND I REGUARLY CHECK ON THE ONLINE ENQUIRY FORM TO SEE IF THE PROCESS IS COMPLETED,BUT ALWAYS IT SAYS "UNDER PROCESS".iT HAS BEEN 5 MONTHS NOW,I VE SENT AN EMAIL AND TRIED ON DIFFERNT NUMBERS TO CONTACT THEM,BUT THEIR IS NO REPLY AND THEY DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE,MY DAUGHTER HAS RECIEVED HERS ON jANUARY,AND ME ,MY HUSBAND AND MY SON ARE YET TO RECIEVE,pLS ADVICE ON WHAT I CAN DO
YES,IT SAYS PHOTO/SIGNATURE SCANNED ON 29 NOV 2010,AND I APPLIED IN LONDON PASSPORT OFFICE.
It could be because your photo was rejected. I remember reading something about it on the HCI website. If the photo is rejected, you have to send another one.

ELBIN007
Newly Registered

Post by ELBIN007 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:48 am

modasu wrote:
ELBIN007 wrote:
modasu wrote:
It could be because your photo was rejected. I remember reading something about it on the HCI website. If the photo is rejected, you have to send another one.
HOW DO I KNOW IF IT IS REJECTED,BECAUSE ON THE ONLINE ENQUIRY IT SAYS SCANNED,AND ALSO MY DAUGHTER HAS RECIEVED HERS,IS THEIR ANY WAY I CAN CONTACT THEM

sachin_4646

Applied on 07/04/2011

Post by sachin_4646 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello,

I have applied for myself and my family on 07/04/2011 at HCI London in person. The status says following for all of the reference numbers:

Photo/Signature Scanned On 08-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 08-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at LONDON NOT YET

The photos were as per the requirements. In fact my wife used the same set of photographs for indian visa application a few days after the OCI application. She was granted indian visa without any problems.

I tried calling the HCI london. But nobody picks up the phone at their end. I have not yet received any replies to the emails I have sent to them.

We fill in our email address as part of the application form. Why can they not notify us with the status/issues with the applications? Can they not afford to drop an email for the GBP 167 they charge us?

Anybody, who is in similar situation, I'd like to know how you are proceeding with this. I'd also like to hear from anybody applied on 7th Apr or around that date with successful applications.

Thank you for reading this lengthy rambling.

modasu
Newly Registered

Post by modasu » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:50 pm

ELBIN007 wrote:
modasu wrote:
ELBIN007 wrote:
modasu wrote:Has your photo/signature been scanned? Did you apply in London?
HOW DO I KNOW IF IT IS REJECTED,BECAUSE ON THE ONLINE ENQUIRY IT SAYS SCANNED,AND ALSO MY DAUGHTER HAS RECIEVED HERS,IS THEIR ANY WAY I CAN CONTACT THEM
Email: shettybn@nic.in.

You usually get a response the same day or day after. (I did anyway)

Why are you typing in capitals?
Last edited by modasu on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

krish.venugopal

Re: Applied on 07/04/2011

Post by krish.venugopal » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:03 pm

sachin_4646 wrote:Hello,

I have applied for myself and my family on 07/04/2011 at HCI London in person. The status says following for all of the reference numbers:

The photos were as per the requirements. In fact my wife used the same set of photographs for indian visa application a few days after the OCI application. She was granted indian visa without any problems.

I tried calling the HCI london. But nobody picks up the phone at their end. I have not yet received any replies to the emails I have sent to them.

We fill in our email address as part of the application form. Why can they not notify us with the status/issues with the applications? Can they not afford to drop an email for the GBP 167 they charge us?

Anybody, who is in similar situation, I'd like to know how you are proceeding with this. I'd also like to hear from anybody applied on 7th Apr or around that date with successful applications.

Thank you for reading this lengthy rambling.
Hi,

In a similar situation:

Date Of Acknowledgment 11-APR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 12-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 12-APR-2011

I was also a bit concerned, it now looks like there is a delay in processing times... I shall wait for a week more and then try and email them on the email provided by modasu.
Modasu - thanks mate... very helpful there.

Cheers

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks krish. Keep us updated with the progress.

modasu
Newly Registered

Post by modasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am

Please accept my apologies. I made a typo in the email address.

It's: shettybn@nic.in

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 am

Mine is not printed too. Usually following the recent timeliness it should be printed in a day or two. Fingers crossed. Let us keep updated on the progress. My cousin did it from Chennai and he got it in a week or so recently.

I saw in a USA post, application from Houston was granted on 23mar but printed on 14apr. Since all OCI are processed in Delhi I suspect there is a delay. But if anyone other than us three applied during April and got it printed, then we should be a bit concerned.

krish.venugopal

Documents printed!

Post by krish.venugopal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 am

sachin_4646 wrote:Thanks krish. Keep us updated with the progress.
Hi,

Checked this morning, looks like things are speeding up, my document status is now printed..

Date Of Acknowledgment 11-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 21-APR-2011

Now waiting for the rest of the process...

Cheers

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:43 am

Congrats krish. Going by your timeliness it takes a 7 days.
Last edited by shajacksha on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krish.venugopal

Post by krish.venugopal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:52 am

shajacksha wrote:Congrats krish. Going by your timeliness it takes a 7 days.
Thanks

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 am

That's great krish. In fact, I checked today morning and my application status says 'PRINTED' as well.

To my surprise, I got a call from HCI London today. The person on the other end said that there is/was some delay in printing at Delhi. I'm so pleased to learn that somebody actually cared. HCI London is definitely changing for better.

So, for the people who are waiting, there is no need to panic, just wait for some more time.

Timeline:
Applied At HCI London (in person)
Applied On 07-APR-2011
Documents Printed On 21-APR-2011

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Congrats krish. Go by your timeliness it takes a 7 days.

ELBIN007
Newly Registered

Post by ELBIN007 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 pm

modasu wrote:
ELBIN007 wrote:
modasu wrote:
ELBIN007 wrote:
Email: shettybn@nic.in.

You usually get a response the same day or day after. (I did anyway)

thanks for the email,i will send them an email regarding my situation

cool_guy2011
Newly Registered

OCI Application experience from Edinburgh consulate.

Post by cool_guy2011 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:39 am

Dear All,

Has anybody applied for OCI from Edinburgh consulate ? I am a naturalised british citizen residing in Scotland and made a postal application for OCI from CGI - Edinburgh on 5th april 2011. The application status is showing as acknowledged on 11th April 2011 with nothing happening since then.

I notice people who applied for OCI at HCI London have had their applications processed and OCI printed by now.........Applicants have mentioned that Birmingham usually takes a bit longer. However there is no mention about experiences from Edinburgh.

Any helpful tips / info shall be very much appreciated. Tried calling the CGI - Edinburgh helpline but as usual no response / reply............

Thank you.

modasu
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Application experience from Edinburgh consulate.

Post by modasu » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 am

cool_guy2011 wrote:Dear All,

Has anybody applied for OCI from Edinburgh consulate ? I am a naturalised british citizen residing in Scotland and made a postal application for OCI from CGI - Edinburgh on 5th april 2011. The application status is showing as acknowledged on 11th April 2011 with nothing happening since then.

I notice people who applied for OCI at HCI London have had their applications processed and OCI printed by now.........Applicants have mentioned that Birmingham usually takes a bit longer. However there is no mention about experiences from Edinburgh.

Any helpful tips / info shall be very much appreciated. Tried calling the CGI - Edinburgh helpline but as usual no response / reply............

Thank you.
I wouldn't bother phoning/emailing them about anything to do with the progress of your application - they don't take it well and it just annoys them. Unless it goes over and above the time they state on their site, I would just wait patiently.

Mine got acknowledged on 7th feb, then photo scanned on 17th feb (10 days later), then registration granted a whole month after!

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:28 am

MY TIMELINE:
Applied On 18-APR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 19-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 19-APR-2011
Documents Printed On 25-APR-11
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 29-APR-11
Documents Received at LONDON 03-MAY-2011

Collected 04-may. Just three weeks for the whole process. Quick and efficient. Very pleased with the service. But I have to say that while collecting in spite of the numbers being called, I don't understand why people crowd in front of the counter as if trying to buy ticket for a matinee show :D
Last edited by shajacksha on Sun May 08, 2011 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

funny009
Newly Registered

Hi Guys

Post by funny009 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:24 am

need Some Sdvise on OCI Please.

what size and specification of the photo required for teh OCI?
Also if i apply of r OCI for my kids, as their british passports are only valid for 5 years, would i need to apply for fress OCI upon the expiry of the exisitng passport or i can carry the expired passport along with the renewed one?

shajacksha

Re: Hi Guys

Post by shajacksha » Mon May 02, 2011 1:09 pm

funny009 wrote:need Some Sdvise on OCI Please.

what size and specification of the photo required for teh OCI?
Also if i apply of r OCI for my kids, as their british passports are only valid for 5 years, would i need to apply for fress OCI upon the expiry of the exisitng passport or i can carry the expired passport along with the renewed one?
1. Refer to http://www.hcilondon.in/oci.php It clearly mentions the size 51 by 51 mm (or 5.1 by 5.1 cm). Snappy snaps / Jessops can do one for you, if you tell them it is for OCI.

2. Refer to http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/GuidelinesOCI.pdf Point 3 which says:

OCI registration certificate and visa have got to be re-issued by availing this service, each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age.

funny009
Newly Registered

Need Some Advise on OCI for Minors

Post by funny009 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks a lot Shajacksha for the reply.

sorry but i am still confused. does it mean that i have to make a complete fresh application upon the expiry of 5 years valid passport for my son and pay £180 or i can carry his old/expired passport along with the renewed one until he turns 20 years and once he turns 20 years, we have to make a fresh application?

please could you shed some light on the above and also if any one has experienced the same situation then your thoughts would be highly appreciated as well.

krish.venugopal

Time line

Post by krish.venugopal » Thu May 05, 2011 7:32 am

MY TIMELINE:
Applied On 11-APR-2011
Documents Printed On 22-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 28-APR-2011
Documents Received at LONDON On 03-MAY-2011

Now to the next bit....one more visit to HCI to get the stamping done. :D

shajacksha

Re: Need Some Advise on OCI for Minors

Post by shajacksha » Thu May 05, 2011 11:42 am

funny009 wrote:Thanks a lot Shajacksha for the reply.

sorry but i am still confused. does it mean that i have to make a complete fresh application upon the expiry of 5 years valid passport for my son and pay £180 or i can carry his old/expired passport along with the renewed one until he turns 20 years and once he turns 20 years, we have to make a fresh application?

please could you shed some light on the above and also if any one has experienced the same situation then your thoughts would be highly appreciated as well.
you have to apply for a fresh OCI card and sticker using miscellaneous services everytime the passport is renewed until 20. Then carry the old passport until 50. Apply one last time when renewing at or above 50 years.

atika_aijaz
Newly Registered

Post by atika_aijaz » Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 am

do i have to submit my british passport at the time of applying for oci

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Mon May 09, 2011 11:02 am

atika_aijaz wrote:do i have to submit my british passport at the time of applying for oci
If you are applying in person, take the originals with you, although they never seem to ask. But the only time you need to submit your British passport is when you collect OCI. Give it in the morning and collect it back in the afternoon.