ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending for decision means?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

swarooponline
Newly Registered

Pending for decision means?

Post by swarooponline » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Hello

I have applied for student visa 3 months ago and after mailing embassy again and again today i got new reply that " I am writing to inform that the application is pending for decision. We will keep you updated of the outcome"

> Do any one have idea how many days more they will take to issue me visa?
> Will they really mail me after taking decision?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Depends on where you have applied wot country/post!

They will not write a mail to you after decision, its only after you see your passport you will get to know

swarooponline
Newly Registered

Post by swarooponline » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:59 pm

i have applied in india, chennai post. decision pending means is my file in que for eco decision or kept aside and will take decision later after receiving some more information

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Decision pending means just that - decision pending! Only the issuing post can tell you whether your application has been assigned to a caseworker or not, and if assigned then at what stage is it currently at or why a decision is pending.

See also Guide to visa processing times.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:05 pm

For Chennai, they take 99% decisions within 60-120 days,

Although 11% within 2days, 17% 3days, 21% 5days, 54% 10days and so on, this info can be got from http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

so probably your application is in that 1% which is still pending.!

You cannot say much about the status as the embassy's outside, as soon as your passport is delievered to them the application is on, the decision shouldnt take long, probably it is kept aside to find out some information about you or course/college whatever they are looking for until they decide to give you or not the VISA

swarooponline
Newly Registered

Post by swarooponline » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:08 pm

can college unofficially say to embassy to stop visa applicant for some more time

swarooponline
Newly Registered

@sushdmehta

Post by swarooponline » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

@sushdmehta

till last week they have said that my application is pending for further checks and today they are saying your application is pending for decision. does it means they haveassigned to eco

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:10 pm

swarooponline wrote:can college unofficially say to embassy to stop visa applicant for some more time
If everything is okay and the college has issued you CAS and accepted you, why would they stop you! and if theres something fishy, the embassy will know and let you know too in the refusal letter if they dont want u go to UK

swarooponline
Newly Registered

Post by swarooponline » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 pm

i had given cas for march intake by college and missed due to delay in getting visa. now i got doubt whether college is reluctant in giving extension so embassy is delaying in giving visa

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:32 pm

awaiting consideration...further consideration..application forwarded to High commission...application not yet completed...all this rubbish MEANS take a break,relax n enjoy IPL.
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''