ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Premission for Tier 4 Students

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fahid
Newly Registered

Work Premission for Tier 4 Students

Post by Fahid » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:38 am

Hello All,

in UKBA statement of intents, it was mentioned that Work permission will be tightened from July 2011 but it has been on April 21, 2011.

As per summary of new policy changes
Work during term and work placements
• Students at Recognised Bodies (universities) will retain their right to work 20 hours a week
part-time and to do work placements where the study : work ratio is 50:50.
• Students at publicly funded FE colleges will continue to be able to work 10 hours a week
part-time.
• Other students will have no right to work part-time and work placements will have to be
66:33 in favour of study : work.
Can someone help to explain it a little clearer, answer my questions below:

1. Will this affect those Who have already submitted their visa applications and awaiting the decision ?
2. Will this affect those who have obtained CAS letter before April 21, but will submit their visa applications after April 21 ?

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 am

NO.

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 am

stevenage wrote:NO.
Can you please make it a little clearer sir ?

Your current response makes a sense that students with CAS obtained before April 21 will be granted permision for part time work.

Is that right, please confirm.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:21 am

@fahid,you have quoted para from policy and guidance that is applicable from July
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 am

Fahid wrote:

Your current response makes a sense that students with CAS obtained before April 21 will be granted permision for part time work.

Any student who get admission in Private colleges from or after July 2011 (exact date not yet announced) cannot work during his/her studies.

If you got CAS and applied for Visa before July 2011, you ll be allowed to work 20 hrs (or 10hrs depends on course) during term times and fultime in vacations.

Hope it clear my point.

Best of luck.

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks a lot Steven and Blackwater.

I have read the UKBA Statement of Intents, which is supposed to be implemented in Three Steps
1- April 21, 2011
2- July 2011
3- April 2012

and Yes I read that Work Permission was to be taken off in July 2011 as per UKBA Statement of Intents.

But This made me concerned http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dent-visas

Thanks for your responses, it helps

rosemarieB
Newly Registered

Post by rosemarieB » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:57 am

If you got CAS and applied for Visa before July 2011, you ll be allowed to work during term times and full time in vacations. College students, or individuals of that same age group, believe that they will be just as happy as their parents but expect to earn less over their lifetimes. An AP poll was recently conducted of individuals ages 18 to 24. The survey found that youngsters were saddled with greater debts and higher costs than their parents, but were highly optimistic about the future. But not so low that they'll have to live off of short term loans.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:52 am

rosemarieB wrote:If you got CAS and applied for Visa before July 2011, you ll be allowed to work during term times and full time in vacations. College students, or individuals of that same age group, believe that they will be just as happy as their parents but expect to earn less over their lifetimes. An AP poll was recently conducted of individuals ages 18 to 24. The survey found that youngsters were saddled with greater debts and higher costs than their parents, but were highly optimistic about the future. But not so low that they'll have to live off of short term loans
SPAMMER

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm

stevenage wrote:
Fahid wrote:

Any student who get admission in Private colleges from or after July 2011 (exact date not yet announced) cannot work during his/her studies.

If you got CAS and applied for Visa before July 2011, you ll be allowed to work 20 hrs (or 10hrs depends on course) during term times and fultime in vacations.

Hope it clear my point.

Best of luck.
Does this brief from the UKBA not indicate that work restrictions for those in private colleges will apply to all applications from 21st April 2011?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dent-visas

There is a summary of the policy on the right side as well.

If there is indeed a step by step implementation of the policy where some changes take effect from 21st April 2011 and some in after July 2011 can someone please direct me to it?

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm

bananafish wrote: Does this brief from the UKBA not indicate that work restrictions for those in private colleges will apply to all applications from 21st April 2011?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dent-visas

There is a summary of the policy on the right side as well.

If there is indeed a step by step implementation of the policy where some changes take effect from 21st April 2011 and some in after July 2011 can someone please direct me to it?
Here it is explained step by step in UKBA Statement of Intents
It tells you exactly what changes will take place in which step and when..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/sop4.pdf

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Mon May 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Thank you. But there still seems to be a difference in opinion.

Some people are insisting that the rules will be implemented in July. While others are saying that they have been implemented to all applications on or after 21st April.

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm

bananafish wrote:Thank you. But there still seems to be a difference in opinion.

Some people are insisting that the rules will be implemented in July. While others are saying that they have been implemented to all applications on or after 21st April.
Don't you care what people say... when you can read thing yourself...

I don't reject people opinion completely, but more you listen to what people are saying... more you get confused.

things are just going on as mentioned in UKBA Statement of Intents, nothing is Off Plan.

Just be sure of that and enjoy

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm

I know...when I read the summary of the new policy, there is no mention of the dates. Is the UKBA obligated to follow their statement of intent?

When is your situation? When did you make an application?

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Mon May 02, 2011 6:54 pm

bananafish wrote:I know...when I read the summary of the new policy, there is no mention of the dates. Is the UKBA obligated to follow their statement of intent?

When is your situation? When did you make an application?
nops, UKBA is not obligated to follow their statement of intent, but they have made this statement of intents after doing long homework, so going off it will require them more brainshaking. So it is strongly beleived they will follow what they planned, although they are required to....

I got my CAS before April 21, 2011
Examined for so called :wink: TB test on April 21, 2011
22-25 were holidays...
so submitted my application on April 26, 2011

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

And are you applying for study at a public funded university or a private college?

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Mon May 02, 2011 6:58 pm

private college?

bananafish

Post by bananafish » Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 pm

A category of institution where if you are a student you won't permission to work presumably if applications are made after July 2011. One which is not recognise or whatever. I'm just using the term private college for lack of a better term.

Fahid
Newly Registered

Post by Fahid » Mon May 02, 2011 7:08 pm

bananafish wrote:A category of institution where if you are a student you won't permission to work presumably if applications are made after July 2011. One which is not recognise or whatever. I'm just using the term private college for lack of a better term.
couldn't understand you clrealy... but Yes

After July 2011, student applying for study at Private colleges will not have permission for part time work.

But Those Studying at Publically Funded Universities will still have permission to work as they do now

ansafrahim

Post by ansafrahim » Sat May 14, 2011 5:59 pm

O.T. Could anyone tell me what does it mean by the term "Higher Educational Instituition" and is ACCA,Kaplan Financial College, LSBF, BPP Unversity College are Higher Educational Intituitions???