ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required while entering first time in UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rupeshmg
India

Documents required while entering first time in UK

Post by rupeshmg » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:44 am

Hi All,

I am having Tier-I VISA and will be travelling to UK first time to search job. Can I know what all documents will be required to clear immigration after arrival in UK (along with Tier-I VISA stamped on my passport)

Do I need to produce any medical reports ? or any supplementary documents to prove that I am skilled worker ? My VISA commenced from Sept-2010, but i am travelling next month(May-2011). Whether that will create any problem ? and whether immigration officer can ask me reason for coming to UK so late ?

Thanks all in advance ...

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Documents required while entering first time in UK

Post by terriblescream » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am

rupeshmg wrote:Hi All,

I am having Tier-I VISA and will be travelling to UK first time to search job. Can I know what all documents will be required to clear immigration after arrival in UK (along with Tier-I VISA stamped on my passport)

Do I need to produce any medical reports ? or any supplementary documents to prove that I am skilled worker ? My VISA commenced from Sept-2010, but i am travelling next month(May-2011). Whether that will create any problem ? and whether immigration officer can ask me reason for coming to UK so late ?

Thanks all in advance ...
Do not worry much about your late entrance, No medical reports required if TB screening is required it will be carried out at the airport free of charge.

Secondly, yeah carry proof of maintenance/skilled work evidence if at all the IO wants to know but nornally the question they will ask you is "Have you got a job" and you say No still they will stamp your visa and you are in

rupeshmg
India

Post by rupeshmg » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Do not worry much about your late entrance, No medical reports required if TB screening is required it will be carried out at the airport free of charge.

Secondly, yeah carry proof of maintenance/skilled work evidence if at all the IO wants to know but nornally the question they will ask you is "Have you got a job" and you say No still they will stamp your visa and you are in
Thanks terriblescream for prompt reply, Can I know how can I verify if TB screening is required.. Is there any site available where I can find current immigration requirements.

On safer side I am thinking of carrying chest x-ray with me.

Please advice ..

Once again thanks in advance...

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:18 pm

They will only accept TB clearance from the airport TB facility. There's no point getting an x ray done and carrying it around with you. If you have a UK pre-departure tuberculosis (TB) detection certificate, please give it to the officer when you arrive.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:58 am

rupeshmg wrote:

Thanks terriblescream for prompt reply, Can I know how can I verify if TB screening is required.. Is there any site available where I can find current immigration requirements.

On safer side I am thinking of carrying chest x-ray with me.

Please advice ..

Once again thanks in advance...
UKBA own site is the perfect place for anything just search it.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/tbscreening/

rupeshmg
India

Post by rupeshmg » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks terriblescream for exact link. I appreciate your help. It have cleared all my doubts about health screening.
Since I am Indian passport holder, I can assume that I dont need any health screening document.

Thanks joh118 for the info .

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Your Welcome rupeshmg..

You will have the x-ray at the airport facility, wont take much long though and u'll b on ur way to the exit

pns

Post by pns » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:48 am

rupeshmg wrote:

Thanks terriblescream for exact link. I appreciate your help. It have cleared all my doubts about health screening.
Since I am Indian passport holder, I can assume that I dont need any health screening document.

Thanks joh118 for the info .
Hey..just wanted to know your entry status to Uk. your experience please..