ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - PEO Solihull Experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farah

ILR - PEO Solihull Experience

Post by farah » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:06 am

A family friend had come to UK in Nov 2005 on WP ( Training for Work Experience). In Sep 2006 he switched to to HSMP. By including WP period he completed 5 year in Nov.2010.But it was not sure that earlier period under TWES would be amalgamated or not?
So for taking a chance appointment at PEO Solihull was taken and he traveled from London for that. Case was discussed in detail with case worker and he discussed with his senior as well.

They did not agree with claim and returned all the documents with the verbal advice to apply in Sep.2011
No fee was taken.
For any doubtful case PEO Solihull is the best choice
Last edited by farah on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheekoo
Newly Registered

Post by Cheekoo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:09 pm

What do you mean by training for work experience ? I have many friends who entered UK on a Work Permit , after an year or two they got HSMP and when they completed 5 years (WP + HSMP) they applier for ILR and got it.

farah

Post by farah » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 am

Work Permits are of various kinds. Training for work experience (TWES) is one of them and still continues for certain countries.

UKBA weblink
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... rkpermits/
Last edited by farah on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

genorp

Post by genorp » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:23 am

Training for work experience (TWES) is one of them and still continues.
That one is only for Bulgarian and Romanian nationals.

farah

Post by farah » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Scheme closed on 27 Nov 2008 for rest of the world but continues for two countries. For rest of world extension are still allowed http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ding/twes/

Point in issue was not the TWES amalgamation with HSMP stay rather PEO Solihull for doubtful cases to avoid wastage of fee.

jack_daniel

Post by jack_daniel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:45 pm

farah ,

Even I have a similiar situation.Initially I also came in a WP (TWES) in 2008
and stayed for one year.Later I got a Tier 2 (CoS) in 2009 and still with it.
But as you mentioned and many others in the forum.
I think WP(TWES) period is not qualified for an ILR appln and hence there is no point applying in-doubt.
Moreover the Home Office being stricter day-by-day,
In case the appn is rejected one might lose the money and chance to re-apply also.

Gopaalan

Re: ILR - PEO Solihull Experience

Post by Gopaalan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 pm

farah wrote: They did not agree with claim and returned all the documents with the verbal advice to apply in Sep.2011
No fee was taken.
For any doubtful case PEO Solihull is the best choice
This is a very useful info. It's worth travelling to Solihull from anywhere in the country rather than loosing around 2k.

But i wonder why all the PEOs don't have the same rules?